http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0 ... -involved/
“There’s a reason I’m here — the conference is looking for a new way of thinking,” Scott said Saturday while attending U.S.C.’s 56-3 rout of San Jose State.
But Scott was equally adamant Saturday that there should be sanctions for Hout, who prior to being punched had tapped Blount on the shoulder pads and taunted him. When Boise State Coach Chris Petersen announced Friday that the discipline would be handled internally, Scott called Western Athletic Conference Commissioner Karl Benson to ask him to get involved.
“It takes two to tango,” Scott said. “I was concerned about what I heard the Boise State coach say about how it was going to be handled. I’ll just leave it at that. I’m not going to second-guess anything that that conference decides to do.”
I like this guy over Hansen, already!
PAC 10 commish speaks up:
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
PAC 10 commish speaks up:
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
wiseforexinvestor
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 am
Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:
I second that...and if the WAC doesn't man up then BRING BLOUNT BACK!woundedknees wrote:http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0 ... -involved/
“There’s a reason I’m here — the conference is looking for a new way of thinking,” Scott said Saturday while attending U.S.C.’s 56-3 rout of San Jose State.
But Scott was equally adamant Saturday that there should be sanctions for Hout, who prior to being punched had tapped Blount on the shoulder pads and taunted him. When Boise State Coach Chris Petersen announced Friday that the discipline would be handled internally, Scott called Western Athletic Conference Commissioner Karl Benson to ask him to get involved.
“It takes two to tango,” Scott said. “I was concerned about what I heard the Boise State coach say about how it was going to be handled. I’ll just leave it at that. I’m not going to second-guess anything that that conference decides to do.”
I like this guy over Hansen, already!
-
Greydrake
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am
Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:
there is no suspension per SI. Now the we'll see if Scott has enough pull to get a response from the WAC commish.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
-
hjpop
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm
- Location: Salem, OR
Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:
Speaking as a homegrown fan of UH (Born in Hawaii), the WAC won't do a thing other than pay lipservice and smack the guy's hand. You think they want to piss off the one highlight of the conference (BSU)? After BSU, the next best team would be a toss-up between Nevada and Fresno...they'll take the call, reassure them that they'll talk with BSU, and leave it at that.Greydrake wrote:there is no suspension per SI. Now the we'll see if Scott has enough pull to get a response from the WAC commish.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
All that being said, I agree...this Pac-10 Commish is already more involved than the last guy...
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:
Maybe get him a name sewed on his practice jersey... "boca del motor"?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11009
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:
I'm sure he would get his attention real fast, if he told them Pac-10 teams won't schedule football games with them anymore. But that's not going to happen.
Greydrake wrote:there is no suspension per SI. Now the we'll see if Scott has enough pull to get a response from the WAC commish.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
-
Greydrake
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am
Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:
speaking of which...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
probably budget related but it would have made a nice line...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
probably budget related but it would have made a nice line...