Revision our expectations...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Our regular season record will end up at...

11-1
2
2%
10-2
9
10%
9-3
18
21%
8-4
24
28%
7-5
22
26%
6-6
5
6%
below .500
6
7%
 
Total votes: 86
gofightingducks
All Pac-12
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by gofightingducks »

I see conference losses to Cal and USC and maybe one or two other teams (too early to say) and I can see a loss to Utah as well. I can see anywhere from 9-3 to 6-6. At this point I would be happy to make any bowl game as long as we win it! This will be a true test of Kelly's head coaching ability, whether he can make the necessary adjustments and get this team to bounce back.
duck58
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by duck58 »

We would have defeated the opponents of all other PAC-10 schools, except LSU. Blount would have had a field day against Maryland. They were as slow as he was. Kelly will right the ship and if Masoli doesn't perform, we will see Costa and/or Thomas against Purdue or Utah. We will have to use our speed(LMJ) more which we shoud have done against BSU. I believe Cal would have had a tough game against BSU. We go 8-4 and go to Sun or Vegas Bowl.
User avatar
dd10snoop28
All Pac-12
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
GM: New Jersey Nets GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by dd10snoop28 »

7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Image
duck55
Senior
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Keizer OR

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by duck55 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I say 8-4. I originally had us going 9-3, but deep down inside I thought we would beat Boise. So with that loss, I'd like to add USC, Cal, and one other game that we shouldn't lose but we do.

Honestly I'd be happy with an 8-4 finish and a bowl win. I'd love to beat Cal this year, but I just don't see it happening unless we this ship around FAST.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
dd10snoop28
All Pac-12
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
GM: New Jersey Nets GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duck55 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Roper/Costa/Thomas would've been better options for Boise State game.


Masoli is 7-4 as a starter you know. Roper was I think 5-0 as a starter.

Thomas played amazing against Boise State in 2 quarters while Masoli did s*** in 4 quarters.

I think he had like twice as many years in 2 fewer quarters. just SAD
Image
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
duck55 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Roper/Costa/Thomas would've been better options for Boise State game.


Masoli is 7-4 as a starter you know. Roper was I think 5-0 as a starter.

Thomas played amazing against Boise State in 2 quarters while Masoli did s*** in 4 quarters.

I think he had like twice as many years in 2 fewer quarters. just SAD
And that's why you're on a message board & not out there coaching. I seriously can't get over anonymous message boarders, whose extent of football experience comes from playing Madden, that think they know more about the players & the team than THE HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM.

Seriously, you are hilarious. Keep up the good work.
Image
User avatar
dd10snoop28
All Pac-12
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
GM: New Jersey Nets GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by dd10snoop28 »


And that's why you're on a message board & not out there coaching. I seriously can't get over anonymous message boarders, whose extent of football experience comes from playing Madden, that think they know more about the players & the team than THE HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM.

Seriously, you are hilarious. Keep up the good work.
I just point out facts dude.


Obviously I'm not at every practice judging each QB, but from what I've seen on the field this year and last year, MASOLI is not the ducks QB.

People like you really need to get over the man-crush you have on Masoli and open up the options to let the ducks win.
Image
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by Tray Dub »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
duck55 wrote:[
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Roper/Costa/Thomas would've been better options for Boise State game.


Masoli is 7-4 as a starter you know. Roper was I think 5-0 as a starter.

Thomas played amazing against Boise State in 2 quarters while Masoli did s*** in 4 quarters.

I think he had like twice as many years in 2 fewer quarters. just SAD
And that's why you're on a message board & not out there coaching. I seriously can't get over anonymous message boarders, whose extent of football experience comes from playing Madden, that think they know more about the players & the team than THE HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM.

Seriously, you are hilarious. Keep up the good work.
So you've never second-guessed a coach? For example, you've never said a single bad thing about Ernie Kent's choices? Riiiiight...
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I'm not saying you can't second guess coaches, that's a good thing IMO. Keeps them honest, especially if they're not doing a good job.

The thing that annoys me is people who think the know more about certain players than the coaches. Are you at every practice? Do you spend hours in the film room breaking down every play of every game? No of course not. But guess who is? Chip Kelly & the rest of the staff.

People see a couple plays in a game & think they have a better grasp on the team & players than the head coach. That's just rediculous.

I agree that things need to change for this next game. The play calling was questionable AT BEST, Masoli looked like he'd never played before & Chip looked really flustered. Those things need to be worked on. But people claiming that they have a better idea than the coaches of who should be the QB of this team have lost their minds.
Image
User avatar
echo31
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Portland

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by echo31 »

I for one am glad we never gave up on Dennis Dixon when he struggled his Junior year or in the first game of his senior season in 2007.
Image
Post Reply