In Chip we trust
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
chapelhillduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2395
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 am
-
Greydrake
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am
Re: In Chip we trust
Wonder if Shannon is looking for that head DC position...
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: In Chip we trust
Awesome article... must read for any Duck fan...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: In Chip we trust
Great article, thanks for sharing...CK and our DUCKs got embarrassed but they (we) will be fine.
Now lets go kick Purdue's ASS!
GO DUCKS!!
Now lets go kick Purdue's ASS!
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: In Chip we trust
How can that be? Reading the article it appears the players were attentive and responsive to what Chip Kelly said, but Canzano the Clown wrote that players were disrespectful and yelling in his face. I wonder who is pathetically wrong? (Hint, he lives in the Portland area.)
-
Destroyer77
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1027
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:49 pm
Re: In Chip we trust
Exactly!!!maxduck wrote:How can that be? Reading the article it appears the players were attentive and responsive to what Chip Kelly said, but Canzano the Clown wrote that players were disrespectful and yelling in his face. I wonder who is pathetically wrong? (Hint, he lives in the Portland area.)
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: In Chip we trust
I have not given up hope.
In Kelly I trust...although, that probably doesn't mean much.
In Kelly I trust...although, that probably doesn't mean much.
- gregspechtismyhero
- Freshman
- Posts: 1470
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
- Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Re: In Chip we trust
Love chip, we'll get back on track. I've always had faith and always will (as stated in my sig)
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
(USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
(USA Today Sports)AIM: hockeygoalie923
- VinnyKnuckles
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm
- Location: Oregon
- Contact:
Re: In Chip we trust
I had a tremendous amount of belief in Chip before the Boise State game. I loved his leadership style, his confidence, his attitude, his attention to detail, etc. I completely bought into everything he was saying about how the team had a tremendous camp and how he loved the mindset of the team entering the game. Needless to say, my confidence in his ability to assess the readiness of the team was severely shaken following the Boise State debacle.
The article linked in this thread is great and I once again find myself loving everything I hear from Chip. I do still have confidence in him over the long haul. However, the proof is in the pudding and we need to start seeing some tangible evidence during an actual game that his style is having a positive impact on the team. I pray that this happens against Purdue since, on paper, this is probably the most winnable game on the schedule besides Washington State. If the Ducks lose this game, this season could quickly devolve into one eerily reminiscent of the one the basketball team went through.
The article linked in this thread is great and I once again find myself loving everything I hear from Chip. I do still have confidence in him over the long haul. However, the proof is in the pudding and we need to start seeing some tangible evidence during an actual game that his style is having a positive impact on the team. I pray that this happens against Purdue since, on paper, this is probably the most winnable game on the schedule besides Washington State. If the Ducks lose this game, this season could quickly devolve into one eerily reminiscent of the one the basketball team went through.
-
duck58
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 666
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Re: In Chip we trust
Totally agree. Of course I only saw TV, but I didn't see what Canzano said. I did see somewhat a lack of emotion from the players on the sideline and they just weren't together on the field.maxduck wrote:How can that be? Reading the article it appears the players were attentive and responsive to what Chip Kelly said, but Canzano the Clown wrote that players were disrespectful and yelling in his face. I wonder who is pathetically wrong? (Hint, he lives in the Portland area.)