Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40578
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8z2OL4QI94

Let's take care of business against Purdue and prove this guy wrong.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by Elduderino »

You know, you've got to wonder if these guys aren't jumping the gun just a bit. In the scheme of things we did lose by only 11 to a team that more than likely will end up unbeaten.....6 games or less? I guess we'll find out this weekend.
AKA: CAgrown
User avatar
briarduck
Senior
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
Location: Milwaukie OR

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by briarduck »

I think the question was asked..."could OR win more than seven games..." so I would guess RS was getting only seven, and with the way we played who wouldn't second guess us right now but as you just mentioned above, a win vs Purdue stops a lot of that...

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by wheaton4prez »

Well. He could be right.

I think we'll know after this game. It's either going to be "where was this team last week against BSU?" Or, "WTFOMGBBQSAUCE!"
yudah02
One Star Recruit
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by yudah02 »

When speaking of Blounts punch, Robert Smith claimed "he could have killed him!"
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by Elduderino »

Smith has obviously not been involved in many "incidents" in his life, lol
AKA: CAgrown
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I mentioned this on the revision thread of games we will win. I picked us to go 7-5 but if ask me which 7 games we will win.. I honestly do not know. The team looked soooo bad last week.. worse than I have seen in long long time. I am not jumping off the bandwagon.. just expressing that I can understand why person would say will win 6 or less with the way played last week. I will stick by Chip Kelly though.. even if do only win 6 games. He is our future and will solidly support him no matter our record. I think long term wise will be a great coach. The hand been dealt to him was not of his choosing. He did what he had to do.
uodux1212
Senior
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by uodux1212 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I mentioned this on the revision thread of games we will win. I picked us to go 7-5 but if ask me which 7 games we will win.. I honestly do not know. The team looked soooo bad last week.. worse than I have seen in long long time. I am not jumping off the bandwagon.. just expressing that I can understand why person would say will win 6 or less with the way played last week. I will stick by Chip Kelly though.. even if do only win 6 games. He is our future and will solidly support him no matter our record. I think long term wise will be a great coach. The hand been dealt to him was not of his choosing. He did what he had to do.
P Carroll went 6-6 in his first year... Im pretty sure he turned out alright...

GO DUCKS
Image

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by brich75 »

yudah02 wrote:When speaking of Blounts punch, Robert Smith claimed "he could have killed him!"
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
He hit him on the jaw, He could have broken his jaw not killed him.
Image
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by Phenom »

Right before the show was over today they asked him to pick one upset and he picked Purdue over us. Has he always had a problem with us or does he really not believe in our team?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by duckgrad99 »

The backlash towards Oregon because of 1 loss at a team that never loses at home has gotten ridiculous. You can bet your you know what they if Ohio State or Notre Dame lost at Boise St, they would still gloat about them and talk about them as a national title team. They are already doing it with Oklahoma.
Image
User avatar
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:47 am

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by addictedtoquack »

This guy is obviously an idiot, our defense didn't play stellar but being that they played like 3/4's of the game I would say they played pretty well.
Image
Bigducker
Freshman
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games

Post by Bigducker »

Can't believe all this negative talk after one week. If the Ducks go 1-3 in their first four games, then maybe you can say 6 or less, but it's only one game on the road against a team thats now 65-2 the last ten years. Way to early to bury the Ducks.
I think Robert Smith is just frustrated about how bad his Buckeyes are going to get whooped today. :lol:...... And how terrible the big ten is.
Post Reply