Couldn't make a phone call?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

User avatar
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Eugene

Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by QuackSince82 »

I have Verizon and even though I had 4 bars I was unable to make a call or text or recieve a call or text the entire time I was at Autzen. In the parking lot tailgating and in the stadium. I've never had this problem before. Anybody else experience this or have a possible explanation? I had like 10 new text messages and 5 missed calls that I got on the bus ride home. Several people on the bus said they experienced the same problem.
User avatar
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Springfield, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I had the same problem with Verizon. I also talked to someone with the problem. It was weird.
GO DUCKS!
User avatar
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:55 am

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by pdxduck »

How about focusing on the game? I know it's a weird concept.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39223
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by greenyellow »

It could be that the cell tower closest to Autzen Stadium may have been busy with all of the calls taking place near the stadium. Personally, I've never had problems using my Verizon cell phone in or around the stadium. It was the only way I could find my friends that were attending the game.
Image
User avatar
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Springfield, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

pdxduck wrote:How about focusing on the game? I know it's a weird concept.
You're completely right. How dare I try to find my friends tailgating an hour and a half before the game. :roll:
GO DUCKS!
User avatar
justducky0
Senior
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: The Real World

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by justducky0 »

I have verizon and I was unable to send txt messages or make any phone calls. VERY ANNOYING
Image
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by Elduderino »

This happened to me at every home game for 4 years. I thought everyone knew that it's really hard to call out of Autzen. I never had problems in the parking lot, but once you got in the stadium it was nearly impossible to call out.
AKA: CAgrown
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39223
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by greenyellow »

You can really only make calls if you're on the concourse of the stadium or in the parking lot. I think that the bowl shape of the stadium blocks the signal if you are down there.
Image
uodux1212
Senior
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by uodux1212 »

pdxduck wrote:How about focusing on the game? I know it's a weird concept.
What a Richard.
Image

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
User avatar
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Eugene

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by QuackSince82 »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:
pdxduck wrote:How about focusing on the game? I know it's a weird concept.
You're completely right. How dare I try to find my friends tailgating an hour and a half before the game. :roll:
I needed to meet up with my friend before the game to give him his ticket. Kind of an important step before he could focus on the game. Kind of a weird concept I didn't want to bail on my friend. Luckily I ended up running in to him. I thought it might of had something to do with the new duck text line.
User avatar
justducky0
Senior
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: The Real World

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by justducky0 »

pdxduck wrote:How about focusing on the game? I know it's a weird concept.
actually it does pertain to the game, I was not able to meet up with a buddy of mine till the 4th quarter. VERY ANNOYING
also pdxduck don't hurt yourself getting off your soapbox
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40591
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I have Tmobile and in 5 years of attending Autzen, I've never had phone problems in or out of the stadium.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
justducky0
Senior
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: The Real World

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by justducky0 »

I also had a friend that had Tmobil and he was fine during the game, might just be a Verizon problem
Image
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8652
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Me & my buddy have Verizon & same problem. Coudn't make phone calls & I had to send texts about 4 or 5 times till they'd actually send.
Image
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by Elduderino »

mine was AT&T
AKA: CAgrown
Post Reply