Hilights of the Game
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- justducky0
- Senior
- Posts: 2012
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
- Location: The Real World
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Hilights of the Game

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- gregspechtismyhero
- Freshman
- Posts: 1470
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
- Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Re: Hilights of the Game
I was listening to the game on the radio and walked in right when Barner broke off that 30 yard run. It's absolutely incredible how much he looks like JJ.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
(USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
(USA Today Sports)AIM: hockeygoalie923
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Hilights of the Game
Right down to number even.gregspechtismyhero wrote:I was listening to the game on the radio and walked in right when Barner broke off that 30 yard run. It's absolutely incredible how much he looks like JJ.

-
gofightingducks
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5533
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Hilights of the Game
gregspechtismyhero wrote:I was listening to the game on the radio and walked in right when Barner broke off that 30 yard run. It's absolutely incredible how much he looks like JJ.
That was a great play, very well executed! Purdue's 4th and goal touchdown at the end of the game was a great play as well!
-
HugeInTheEug
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Re: Hilights of the Game
Agreed. Both very shifty. Barner looks he has a bit more top-end speed though.gregspechtismyhero wrote:I was listening to the game on the radio and walked in right when Barner broke off that 30 yard run. It's absolutely incredible how much he looks like JJ.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Hilights of the Game
But JJ had a much stronger running style compared to Barner, even though JJ was known as a cutback-type RB. JJ could run over people if he wanted and had the most devastating stiff-arm, which you don't see in a lot of RBs nowadays. Barner will gain some strength as he develops into a RB. We have to remember he's only been playing RB in college for a couple of months.HugeInTheEug wrote:Agreed. Both very shifty. Barner looks he has a bit more top-end speed though.gregspechtismyhero wrote:I was listening to the game on the radio and walked in right when Barner broke off that 30 yard run. It's absolutely incredible how much he looks like JJ.

-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11013
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Hilights of the Game
What's funny is I thought the same thing, except on James big 25yd run. The way he got outside and then the moves he put on really reminded me on JJ. I can think of much worse things than having two young JJ clones in the backfield.
- OreDucks01284
- Senior
- Posts: 3635
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Salem, Oregon
Re: Hilights of the Game
thats scary, put them on field same time. YOu have two jj clonebuckmarkduck wrote:What's funny is I thought the same thing, except on James big 25yd run. The way he got outside and then the moves he put on really reminded me on JJ. I can think of much worse things than having two young JJ clones in the backfield.

- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: Hilights of the Game
when I watched the Barner touchdown in real time, It didn't seem as he was that fast. Just now though watching that bad ass highlight video(great job by the way) it looks like he makes moves at full speed and gets to top speed vey fast. Not that it matters much but, I'm impressed!

