True, but us fans have no problems when we poach guys from other schools. :shouldershrug:squintsdd wrote:Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
2019 Early Signing Period thread
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
Long time coming but that one hurts.
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
Oh man, that SUCKS. Can’t say it’s too terribly surprising giving his having two kids back in Florida but no less crappy.
-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
Nothing like decommitting a week before signing day.
Cool.
Cool.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
When was this era of guys never changing their commitment??squintsdd wrote:Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
-
Everythingsducky
- Senior
- Posts: 2734
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Williams decommits
Not totally unexpected. Reported by O-live: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... ducks.html
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
I don't know if ever a time where a commitment meant anything. It is for sure in 2019 I AM COMMITTED only means til I decide to change my mind and if that is 1 week before signing day then that is fine. I follow recruiting and I have always said that it seems to be a game to a lot of the kids and I AM COMMITTED FULLY does not mean what they are saying. No way do I want my kid to ever do that if he or she ever receives scholarship offers. If not committed 100% fully and completely then should never say are committed.
-
Everythingsducky
- Senior
- Posts: 2734
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Re: Williams decommits
Saw this reported on separate thread, mods delete if needed.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
I would say never, but 2004-7 is when recruiting got really wild. In 2007-9 I was on the frontlines and 95% of the class was secured, except for the big fish. That’s literally what they were known as, the few rare guys you were willing to wait for and slave over Adobe 2001 for for. I can’t even imagine how many people they need now.StevensTechU wrote:When was this era of guys never changing their commitment??squintsdd wrote:Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread
Oregon now down to #16 after Avantae Williams' decommitment. If Oregon loses Wilson, Hutson, Latu, Figgins, and Slusher, they'd drop down to around #20 with 17 total commits. They probably need to get 2 out of 3 of Flowe, Ringo, and Manning to make the all the potential defections sting so much. Also, I'm not sure what to make of Oregon struggling to get keep/get offensive recruits outside of the OL.

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread
Looks like Mastro is picking up the slack now that Arroyo is gone:

- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40593
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread
Better all this going down now, then on actual signing day.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread
We've actually got a Heyward sighting, this time with Kelee Ringo:

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread
Heyward sighting makes me happy. If he was leaving it would be very weird to bring him to Ringo’s house.