Any guesses on the end of this class?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Imagine getting Flowe, Ringo, Washington, Sewell, and Flowe.
That would be 4 of the top 23 players in the composite, and 5 of the top 30 in 247's own rankings.
It would also be getting the top player at three different positions, with one of those positions (ILB) having the top 2.
Of course it's still very unlikely, and anything more than just one is pure greediness or wishful thinking on my part. But the fact that we're even having this conversation is amazing.
That would be 4 of the top 23 players in the composite, and 5 of the top 30 in 247's own rankings.
It would also be getting the top player at three different positions, with one of those positions (ILB) having the top 2.
Of course it's still very unlikely, and anything more than just one is pure greediness or wishful thinking on my part. But the fact that we're even having this conversation is amazing.
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15153
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
I have a hard time seeing Oregon getting Flowe twice, but if they could clone him and get both to commit I'd be down for that!GoDucksTroll wrote:Imagine getting Flowe, Ringo, Washington, Sewell, and Flowe.
That would be 4 of the top 23 players in the composite, and 5 of the top 30 in 247's own rankings.
It would also be getting the top player at three different positions, with one of those positions (ILB) having the top 2.
Of course it's still very unlikely, and anything more than just one is pure greediness or wishful thinking on my part. But the fact that we're even having this conversation is amazing.

- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
I will settle for getting him once!OregonFan4Life wrote:I have a hard time seeing Oregon getting Flowe twice, but if they could clone him and get both to commit I'd be down for that!GoDucksTroll wrote:Imagine getting Flowe, Ringo, Washington, Sewell, and Flowe.
That would be 4 of the top 23 players in the composite, and 5 of the top 30 in 247's own rankings.
It would also be getting the top player at three different positions, with one of those positions (ILB) having the top 2.
Of course it's still very unlikely, and anything more than just one is pure greediness or wishful thinking on my part. But the fact that we're even having this conversation is amazing.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Haha, Phil Knight has been giving all that money to OHSU's cancer and heart clinics - maybe throw some money at their genetics lab and get that cloning thing rolling. Imagine having two KTs on opposite sides.OregonFan4Life wrote:I have a hard time seeing Oregon getting Flowe twice, but if they could clone him and get both to commit I'd be down for that!GoDucksTroll wrote:Imagine getting Flowe, Ringo, Washington, Sewell, and Flowe.
That would be 4 of the top 23 players in the composite, and 5 of the top 30 in 247's own rankings.
It would also be getting the top player at three different positions, with one of those positions (ILB) having the top 2.
Of course it's still very unlikely, and anything more than just one is pure greediness or wishful thinking on my part. But the fact that we're even having this conversation is amazing.
I think I meant Manning. I was just looking at his rankings across all sites and he's 30th on 247, 23rd on ESPN, and 215th on Rivals. He must have not gone to a Rivals camp. They really like to ding recruits who skip their camps, kind of a rankings blackmail.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11010
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Phenom wrote:People hate on him because he's a bit of a homer (he is) but he is very plugged in. The most out of any other "insider". He's had CMC on his podcast multiple times.brich75 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, how reliable or in tune is J hop?
I do see him as part of the PR department for the program, though.
It is called scoopduck, not scooppac12 or scoopcollegeaports. I think the name implies its going to be a homer site. Speaking of homer, I know people hate him, bit I really wish the Portland market had a homer like Softy on the radio.
- Alan
- Senior
- Posts: 4359
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Lol, I would think using the name “Scoopduck” is enough of a reason to be a “homer”buckmarkduck wrote:Phenom wrote:People hate on him because he's a bit of a homer (he is) but he is very plugged in. The most out of any other "insider". He's had CMC on his podcast multiple times.brich75 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, how reliable or in tune is J hop?
I do see him as part of the PR department for the program, though.
It is called scoopduck, not scooppac12 or scoopcollegeaports. I think the name implies its going to be a homer site. Speaking of homer, I know people hate him, bit I really wish the Portland market had a homer like Softy on the radio.
-
gogreen55
- Senior
- Posts: 2369
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Looking at the Twitter account of Ringo's mother, her profile picture was telling us the choice all along.Phenom wrote:Now Blair Angulo is saying that Ringo won't sign early. CMC convinced him to wait. That's gotta be good news?Phenom wrote:Also, even though Manning and Ringo are signing tomorrow, they won't publicly announce their intentions until January at the All-American games. I think we'll have a good idea where they're going, though.

Momma Knows Best
- justducky0
- Senior
- Posts: 2012
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
- Location: The Real World
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
I also do thisgogreen55 wrote:Looking at the Twitter account of Ringo's mother, her profile picture was telling us the choice all along.Phenom wrote:Now Blair Angulo is saying that Ringo won't sign early. CMC convinced him to wait. That's gotta be good news?Phenom wrote:Also, even though Manning and Ringo are signing tomorrow, they won't publicly announce their intentions until January at the All-American games. I think we'll have a good idea where they're going, though.![]()
Momma Knows Best

