2019 Early Signing Day Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
DuckNV
One Star Recruit
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by DuckNV »

Duck24 wrote: Image
Has Jordon Scott stated he is returning? IMO the general impression is that he would be a three-year guy and then off to the NFL.
User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5006
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by Phalanx »

Pretty sure that won't be the starting 7.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:Still could use a tight end/ receiver though...
I think the Ducks' needs/wants in the late signing period will be:
1) TE
2) WR
3) QB (if Ashford doesn't sign during the early period)
4) DB (if they only get one of Manning and Ringo)
Image
User avatar
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

DuckNV wrote:
Duck24 wrote: Image
Has Jordon Scott stated he is returning? IMO the general impression is that he would be a three-year guy and then off to the NFL.
I don't see Scott as being a high round guy, so it will be interesting if he decides to leave. As of a RG report last Aug he was on track to graduate in 3 years to pursue the NFL. I haven't seen his name come up on the usual draft boards.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Still could use a tight end/ receiver though...
I think the Ducks' needs/wants in the late signing period will be:
1) TE
2) WR
3) QB (if Ashford doesn't sign during the early period)
4) DB (if they only get one of Manning and Ringo)
I don't think we get a WR unless it's a guy that you can't turn down (ie Burton)
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Duck24 wrote: Image
I feel like once Adrian Jackson is finally healthy, he might push for a spot.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: A little surprised

Post by StevensTechU »

I actually had a similar reaction. Saw that we landed Flowe and was like "Oh man, wonder where we're ranked? Oh, 16... and it'll be worse when Slusher/Figgins/Latu are officially gone."

As much as the narrative is that Oregon is getting tougher and more talented on the lines, the offensive and defensive line commits definitely drag down the average. I think the DL is somewhat unwarranted as I really like some of the recruits, while the OL doesn't really have the top end talent that the last two classes (Penei and Jones in '18, Jonah in '19) have had.
User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5006
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: A little surprised

Post by Phalanx »

Average stars will go up, and then if more commits happen, the ranking will go up. I agree about the O-Line though. Seems like the main concern going forward. Why don't we hear more about Jonah Tauanu'u? One would hope he starts tearing it up next year.
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by Duck24 »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
Duck24 wrote: Image
I feel like once Adrian Jackson is finally healthy, he might push for a spot.
Not even so much of the excitement is that those would be the starters, just the pure talent. I don’t see ISM getting pushed to the bench and like you said, Adrian Jackson. Just coming from a team depraved of any real defensive talent or coherent coaching to now having a hoard of prospective talent and competent coaching, in such a short amount of time is incredible.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: A little surprised

Post by Phenom »

Phalanx wrote:Average stars will go up, and then if more commits happen, the ranking will go up. I agree about the O-Line though. Seems like the main concern going forward. Why don't we hear more about Jonah Tauanu'u? One would hope he starts tearing it up next year.
I've heard the coaches really like him, Jones, and Mala. They would have gotten more PT this year but we have a lot of seniors and they know that depth isn't going to be great next year.

I think Denis and Bass play next year.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by Phenom »

ISM was our best LB for a large portion of this season. He isn't going to get benched but I think that with the multiple fronts we run, Noah and Justin will get a bunch of PT.
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8652
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It will probably be similar to Wright where he wasn’t officially the starter but he was definitely stealing PT from Lenior and Graham.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phenom wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Still could use a tight end/ receiver though...
I think the Ducks' needs/wants in the late signing period will be:
1) TE
2) WR
3) QB (if Ashford doesn't sign during the early period)
4) DB (if they only get one of Manning and Ringo)
I don't think we get a WR unless it's a guy that you can't turn down (ie Burton)
Burton just flipped from LSU to Georgia. Not a lot of top end WR talent left out there. Gary Bryant (almost surely USC), Eljhah Badget (same, ASU), and LV Bunkley-Shelton (ASU). We recruited all three at times, and I think we passed on Bunkley-Shelton. I would guess if it's not one of those the staff isn't going to waste a spot like we did taking a kid like JJ Tucker.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Signing Day Thread

Post by Phenom »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
Phenom wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Still could use a tight end/ receiver though...
I think the Ducks' needs/wants in the late signing period will be:
1) TE
2) WR
3) QB (if Ashford doesn't sign during the early period)
4) DB (if they only get one of Manning and Ringo)
I don't think we get a WR unless it's a guy that you can't turn down (ie Burton)
Burton just flipped from LSU to Georgia. Not a lot of top end WR talent left out there. Gary Bryant (almost surely USC), Eljhah Badget (same, ASU), and LV Bunkley-Shelton (ASU). We recruited all three at times, and I think we passed on Bunkley-Shelton. I would guess if it's not one of those the staff isn't going to waste a spot like we did taking a kid like JJ Tucker.
Yeah, I think we have good depth for next year, too, so we should save that spot rather than take a plan b/plan c guy.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: A little surprised

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phalanx wrote:Average stars will go up, and then if more commits happen, the ranking will go up. I agree about the O-Line though. Seems like the main concern going forward. Why don't we hear more about Jonah Tauanu'u? One would hope he starts tearing it up next year.
I would bet on Jonah T starting next year. Along with Penei, Steven Jones, Alex Forsyth, and Sala.
Post Reply