Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
I don’t really follow what’s going on up north. Would the pickup of Manning and/or Ringo solidify us with a better recruiting class? Any rumor of Washington with a blue chip prospect waiting to announce. Thanks for the intel.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
I would put the odds at about 85%. Basically the only way we don't, is if we miss on Manning and Ringo and the staff decides to use spots for transfers, which don't count toward class rankings.
How it would/will work logistically is that Latu and Figgins will drop off, and either Manning or Ringo is added, Oregon jumps uw despite having 1 less recruit. Considering they'll likely add others, that'll only pad the lead.
How it would/will work logistically is that Latu and Figgins will drop off, and either Manning or Ringo is added, Oregon jumps uw despite having 1 less recruit. Considering they'll likely add others, that'll only pad the lead.
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
So Figgins and Latu are still showing as committed thus dragging the average down. Thanks for the intel.
- DuckDuckJuice
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
We’re ahead of them on Rivals. All we need to pass them on the 247 composite is a commitment from any one of the big three we’re waiting to hear on. I don’t know how many more they’re planning on taking.
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
Looking through their class, the main guys I would have liked to have had are Smalls, Rosengarten, Redman, and Murao.
Outside of that, they've got a bunch of OKG's from Washington who wouldn't play for us talent wise.
Outside of that, they've got a bunch of OKG's from Washington who wouldn't play for us talent wise.
- DuckDuckJuice
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
We’re ahead of them on Rivals. All we need to pass them on the 247 composite is a commitment from any one of the big three we’re waiting to hear on. I don’t know how many more they’re planning on taking.
-
RebelDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
I would as well, but I want UW to concede we’ve beat them on all fronts.RebelDuck wrote:I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
-
duckfan22
- Senior
- Posts: 2698
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
TyranT wrote:I would as well, but I want UW to concede we’ve beat them on all fronts.RebelDuck wrote:I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
UW has not and will never concede we beat them in anything ever..
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
Anyone else on the who cares train? I would rather us fill spots and depth with studs. We did that yesterday.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
We have 4 spots left, likely 3 filled with recruits and 1 grad transfer
Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.
Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February
Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.
Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February
Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8651
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
I am. There’s no doubt in my mind our class is superior to UW’s. They’ve been out recruiting us for years anyways (other than last year) and it hasn’t mattered.jimmy12 wrote:Anyone else on the who cares train? I would rather us fill spots and depth with studs. We did that yesterday.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5000
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
It's amazing that we don't know what school Ringo signed with, but we do know what kind of paperwork it was.lukeyrid13 wrote:We have 4 spots left, likely 3 filled with recruits and 1 grad transfer
Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.
Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February
Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
I've been out of school for a while, but why would he sign financial aid paperwork when he's getting a full ride?lukeyrid13 wrote:We have 4 spots left, likely 3 filled with recruits and 1 grad transfer
Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.
Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February
Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?
Sure, but MC recruited a number of guys who decided on uwinstead. To echo another poster, it would have been great if we would have beaten them out for Murao and Rosengarten.RebelDuck wrote:I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.