I think it's weird that almost nothing came from that investigation.DuckDuckJuice wrote:I think it’s weird that the NCAA didnt investigate Clemson after the FBI wiretap caught one of the basketball coaches saying that both the football and basketball programs were paying players.
Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- JIDuck97
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 993
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
The NCAA is an operation driven by cash flow. Teams more likely to be investigated include either fringe teams or lower earners.karlhungis wrote:I think it's weird that almost nothing came from that investigation.DuckDuckJuice wrote:I think it’s weird that the NCAA didnt investigate Clemson after the FBI wiretap caught one of the basketball coaches saying that both the football and basketball programs were paying players.
Think of it like a police officer who decides to ticket or not based upon appearances and "ahem" measurables.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
Seems like Oregon qualified as one of those "fringe teams" for a while...JIDuck97 wrote:The NCAA is an operation driven by cash flow. Teams more likely to be investigated include either fringe teams or lower earners.karlhungis wrote:I think it's weird that almost nothing came from that investigation.DuckDuckJuice wrote:I think it’s weird that the NCAA didnt investigate Clemson after the FBI wiretap caught one of the basketball coaches saying that both the football and basketball programs were paying players.
Think of it like a police officer who decides to ticket or not based upon appearances and "ahem" measurables.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- justducky0
- Senior
- Posts: 2012
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
- Location: The Real World
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
Yah hate to break it to you all, but Oregon for sure has bag men. As does almost any top school.
I am honestly fine with it. It is what it is in big time college football. I would rather have a bag man, and compete for playoff spots than be Oregon State loololol
I am honestly fine with it. It is what it is in big time college football. I would rather have a bag man, and compete for playoff spots than be Oregon State loololol

- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
I can tell you that there weren't any bag men when I was in school. The critique was that Bellotti would lie and embellish your role which along with other small level booster actions is common everywhere.
The number of players/parents that go the shady route with a school directly isn't that common.
The number of players/parents that go the shady route with a school directly isn't that common.

-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
Can you embellish on this? What was your role?Duck07 wrote:The critique was that Bellotti would lie and embellish your role
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
I was a roommate with multiple players. One of them was investigated twice by the NCAA. Once for his car and the other because he was recruited by USC during the Reggie Bush scandal. Bellotti just talked up a big role for certain guys but took on a different role once suited up.karlhungis wrote:Can you embellish on this? What was your role?Duck07 wrote:The critique was that Bellotti would lie and embellish your role

-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
You mean he was promising guys a big role on the team? Star player, focus of the offense type of thing? I recently stopped drinking coffee, so I apologize for my brain being slow.Duck07 wrote:I was a roommate with multiple players. One of them was investigated twice by the NCAA. Once for his car and the other because he was recruited by USC during the Reggie Bush scandal. Bellotti just talked up a big role for certain guys but took on a different role once suited up.karlhungis wrote:Can you embellish on this? What was your role?Duck07 wrote:The critique was that Bellotti would lie and embellish your role
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- justducky0
- Senior
- Posts: 2012
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
- Location: The Real World
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
Yeskarlhungis wrote:You mean he was promising guys a big role on the team? Star player, focus of the offense type of thing? I recently stopped drinking coffee, so I apologize for my brain being slow.Duck07 wrote:I was a roommate with multiple players. One of them was investigated twice by the NCAA. Once for his car and the other because he was recruited by USC during the Reggie Bush scandal. Bellotti just talked up a big role for certain guys but took on a different role once suited up.karlhungis wrote:Can you embellish on this? What was your role?Duck07 wrote:The critique was that Bellotti would lie and embellish your role

- justducky0
- Senior
- Posts: 2012
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
- Location: The Real World
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
I am just saying my source was part of the recruiting team post Bellotti era.
Oregon is just as aggressive as the big boy programs.
Oregon is just as aggressive as the big boy programs.

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Top Player in CA Commits to Clemson
What got us on probation was that there was a paper trail. Chip didn't know how this stuff worked and used official school accounts to pay Willie Lyles for outdated information. If Lyles had gotten his cash in a paper bag we wouldn't have gotten any sanctions, but it was done with school accounts subject to records requests.woundedknees wrote:Seems like Oregon qualified as one of those "fringe teams" for a while...JIDuck97 wrote:The NCAA is an operation driven by cash flow. Teams more likely to be investigated include either fringe teams or lower earners.karlhungis wrote:I think it's weird that almost nothing came from that investigation.DuckDuckJuice wrote:I think it’s weird that the NCAA didnt investigate Clemson after the FBI wiretap caught one of the basketball coaches saying that both the football and basketball programs were paying players.
Think of it like a police officer who decides to ticket or not based upon appearances and "ahem" measurables.