Kingsley Suamataia
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Kingsley Suamataia
I didn’t see a thread for him, but he just released a top-7 and it was a bit surprising.
Oregon, USC, Arkansas, Virginia, Utah State, Utah, and BYU.
https://247sports.com/Player/Kingsley-S ... -46048415/
Looks like USC will be our main competition again. Looks like Kingsley is still a long way from committing. Oregon holds all 10 crystal balls.
Oregon, USC, Arkansas, Virginia, Utah State, Utah, and BYU.
https://247sports.com/Player/Kingsley-S ... -46048415/
Looks like USC will be our main competition again. Looks like Kingsley is still a long way from committing. Oregon holds all 10 crystal balls.
-
punizhr02
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
I wouldn't worry too much about Kingsley. His silent commitment is the worst kept secret on the recruiting trail. The kid is just enjoying the process, as this is sometimes the only time the kid will ever get to be treated like royalty across the country. It would be stunning if this kid chose any other school but Oregon. Both his cousins (The Sewells) are playing here, and the Polys are all about family. Oregon is in Chip Kelly era mode up 40 late in the 3rd quarter and are running out the the bench players.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
Update: "In the next couple weeks I will be committing." @KAhyouSuamataia on when fans can expect his commitment.
Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21
Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
well by then it will be about ducks longest without a commit the last few months, so will be great time to get elite recruit like Kingsley.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40565
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
Gotta like it for Oregon. Suamataia is almost a top 50 prospect.GoDucksTroll wrote:Update: "In the next couple weeks I will be committing." @KAhyouSuamataia on when fans can expect his commitment.
Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
All signs point to Oregon. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about it.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
Agreed. Perhaps he wants to create his own legacy (or perceived) and not be compared to Penei. Who knows.
One rumor-- I read on another site that on a IG live stream he was working out with Jackson Light and JL looked at him and said, "It's time" and they both said Go Ducks. Who knows,.
One rumor-- I read on another site that on a IG live stream he was working out with Jackson Light and JL looked at him and said, "It's time" and they both said Go Ducks. Who knows,.
-
punizhr02
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
This would absolutely shock me. If we had any of our prior coaches, I'd be a little worried too. But if there is one thing Cristobal and his staff know how to do, it's how to close on the recruiting trail. I think the only guy this year we couldn't close that was an Oregon lean was Worthy, and he slipped away after we got Franklin. I don't think the coaches can be faulted for that one.StevensTechU wrote:All signs point to Oregon. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about it.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
Kingsley has been posting some pro USC stuff of late, had Juju Smith-Schuster tweet at him after he tagged him in something.
It still looks like Oregon, but this is recruiting and you never know.
It still looks like Oregon, but this is recruiting and you never know.
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
I'm sure Juju can tell him what it's like to spend his college career losing to Oregon.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40565
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
I hope we don't let him get away. Keep the class rolling!
Plus Kingsley is a sick name.
Plus Kingsley is a sick name.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: Kingsley Suamataia
Shuster's SC teams went 1-1 against Oregon, including beating up on the 4-8 Helf team by 25, so I'm not sure that point is relevant. That being said, I would be completely shocked if he went to SC.GrantDuck wrote:I'm sure Juju can tell him what it's like to spend his college career losing to Oregon.