Guesses on how this class ends?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Guesses on how this class ends?
I think there will be a surprise or two.
My guess:
Ika
Flowe
Moko
(1) Surprise
open spot
My guess:
Ika
Flowe
Moko
(1) Surprise
open spot
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
JTT 50/50
Ika
Flowe
A DB
Interesting development: top-50 LB and LSU commit Raesjon Davis may still be in play.
Ika
Flowe
A DB
Interesting development: top-50 LB and LSU commit Raesjon Davis may still be in play.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Well that's interesting.... I hadn't heard that yet.GoDucksTroll wrote:JTT 50/50
Ika
Flowe
A DB
Interesting development: top-50 LB and LSU commit Raesjon Davis may still be in play.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
I’ve seen it’s a USC or Ohio State battle for him.GoDucksTroll wrote:JTT 50/50
Ika
Flowe
A DB
Interesting development: top-50 LB and LSU commit Raesjon Davis may still be in play.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Updates:
* Jadarrius Perkins trending back to Oregon.
* Ceyair Wright announcing on Saturday. Looks like it’s USC. Slight chance for Notre Dame.
* Raesjon Davis to USC seems like a done deal. I think Mario did reach out, but it was USC or Ohio State.
* Korey Foreman allegedly signed with USC already.
Not the most encouraging news, with how strong USC is closing.
It seems as if I like Perkins more than some. We need another CB, and if at worst he is Haki Woods that’s a solid contributor worthy of one of the few spots we have. JuCo guys are a mixed bag, but if they suck they’re not here for long.
The remaining possibilities are JTT, top JuCo OL Jordan Moko, and RB Byron Cardwell.
JTT - obviously the biggest prize and the least likely - if they can pull this off then the hype will be through the roof.
Moko - starting three JuCo OL this year, so Cristobal and Mirabal like them. We just signed four offensive linemen, and assuming Moore comes back for his 17th year are expecting every starter and backup to return. After just signing 5 the previous year (6 if Jaylen Smith sticks there) and having a mission guy come back early. If we need more OL I understand. It just seems excessive to add 10-11 HS recruits and 2 JuCo in two years when for DBs you’ve added only 7 HS, 1 JuCo and 1 grad transfer and you use 5 at a time of each.
Cardwell - supposedly Oregon is trending up here, and I’d love to have a great running back after three years of CJ being the greatest every fourth game, and either playing bad or getting hurt the other 3/4 of the time. Not sold on Cardwell, but I also don’t see any better options.
* Jadarrius Perkins trending back to Oregon.
* Ceyair Wright announcing on Saturday. Looks like it’s USC. Slight chance for Notre Dame.
* Raesjon Davis to USC seems like a done deal. I think Mario did reach out, but it was USC or Ohio State.
* Korey Foreman allegedly signed with USC already.
Not the most encouraging news, with how strong USC is closing.
It seems as if I like Perkins more than some. We need another CB, and if at worst he is Haki Woods that’s a solid contributor worthy of one of the few spots we have. JuCo guys are a mixed bag, but if they suck they’re not here for long.
The remaining possibilities are JTT, top JuCo OL Jordan Moko, and RB Byron Cardwell.
JTT - obviously the biggest prize and the least likely - if they can pull this off then the hype will be through the roof.
Moko - starting three JuCo OL this year, so Cristobal and Mirabal like them. We just signed four offensive linemen, and assuming Moore comes back for his 17th year are expecting every starter and backup to return. After just signing 5 the previous year (6 if Jaylen Smith sticks there) and having a mission guy come back early. If we need more OL I understand. It just seems excessive to add 10-11 HS recruits and 2 JuCo in two years when for DBs you’ve added only 7 HS, 1 JuCo and 1 grad transfer and you use 5 at a time of each.
Cardwell - supposedly Oregon is trending up here, and I’d love to have a great running back after three years of CJ being the greatest every fourth game, and either playing bad or getting hurt the other 3/4 of the time. Not sold on Cardwell, but I also don’t see any better options.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Damn, Dontae is killing it for USC.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Cardwell isn't as good as his rating, but he's solid. More talent tban a Habibi-Likio, not enough to be an all conference back.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Perkins
JTT maybe
Jordon Moko
and then probably 1-2 spot for the portal.
Not an amazing finish, but an amazing haul overall.
JTT maybe
Jordon Moko
and then probably 1-2 spot for the portal.
Not an amazing finish, but an amazing haul overall.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Not exactly selling me on Cardwell by saying he’s got more talent than Habibi-Likio. I would hope so.StevensTechU wrote:Cardwell isn't as good as his rating, but he's solid. More talent tban a Habibi-Likio, not enough to be an all conference back.
I’ve been called a hater for saying Cyrus has no business touching the ball outside of the red zone. Even on three or less to go he’s not very good at converting unless it’s goal to go.
Running backs are too hard to evaluate, especially from highlights. Only the Najee Harris/Leonard Fournette/JStew rare talent and size guys are likely to pan out, the rest are kind of a crapshoot. Cardwell looks like he runs stiff. But don’t listen to me, just weeks before his great game I was wondering if Dollars would be a bust based on him losing the starting job at Mater Dei, ranking drop, and a two year old 40 time. Now he has a great game and today Moorhead is saying how fast he is.
I wonder if we’ll ever see Jayvaun Wilson. The only mention of him from Rob other than acknowledging his existence was for looking good in a blocking drill.
I miss Gary Campbell. Especially after seeing Bijan Robinson, an Arizona kid, get 180 on 10 carries last night for Texas. That’s the kind of back I used to feel confident in getting with Campbell.
Fun or not fun stories:
Travis Etienne was going to commit to Oregon in 2016. He had been talking with Coach Cam and de-committed from Texas A&M. Came to visit Oregon a month later, got to see that horrific 2016 team against Washington. But loved it, had an announcement planned and everything. I made him a top-3 edit. It was going to be Oregon. Then we fired the staff.
Chuba Hubbard could have been a Duck, same year as Etienne. Then someone from the Oregon staff asked him how he feels about playing DB instead of offense.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
I must be in the minority, because I think cardwell looks great on film.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
GDT- This is all personal opinion, but I would actually say that RB is one of the easiest positions to project, especially if you can get their 40 or 100m times. I've been pleasantly surprised by how productive Travis Dye has been, but otherwise our depth chart of backs has seemed entirely forecast-able based on their high school performance.
I'm of the mind that being a (the) major football program on the west coast means you should never hurt for QBs, RBs, DBs, or WRs because of the abundance of talent at those spots across the western states. Big boys are a different issue. But Oregon's RB roster being what it is is just a lack of skill identifying and recruiting talent by Mastro. He recruits like he's still at WSU and needs to find hidden gems.
I'm of the mind that being a (the) major football program on the west coast means you should never hurt for QBs, RBs, DBs, or WRs because of the abundance of talent at those spots across the western states. Big boys are a different issue. But Oregon's RB roster being what it is is just a lack of skill identifying and recruiting talent by Mastro. He recruits like he's still at WSU and needs to find hidden gems.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
I had always thought the same about RB evaluation, but I’ve changed my mind on that. I looked for but couldn’t find the analysis that changed my mind. Someone looked through six or seven years of of top-100 recruits and graded them pass/fail. RBs had one of the higher bust rates. I just looked through a few years of top-15 position RB recruits and the bust rate isn’t great.StevensTechU wrote:GDT- This is all personal opinion, but I would actually say that RB is one of the easiest positions to project, especially if you can get their 40 or 100m times. I've been pleasantly surprised by how productive Travis Dye has been, but otherwise our depth chart of backs has seemed entirely forecast-able based on their high school performance.
I'm of the mind that being a (the) major football program on the west coast means you should never hurt for QBs, RBs, DBs, or WRs because of the abundance of talent at those spots across the western states. Big boys are a different issue. But Oregon's RB roster being what it is is just a lack of skill identifying and recruiting talent by Mastro. He recruits like he's still at WSU and needs to find hidden gems.
I completely agree that considering Oregon’s standing as the king of the West they should be filling up the roster at positions the West Coast produces in abundance.
The problem is that the Pac-12 states have had a running back shortage. There have been very few 5 and 4-stars lately. Looking at RB rankings in the composite, not APB:
2018: None
2019: Zach Charbonnet (Michigan), Austin Jones (Stanford), Cam Davis (Washington)
2020: Bijan Robinson 5-star (Texas), Kendall Milton (UGA)
2021: Byron Cardwell
Other than Bijan Robinson and Kendall Milton there hasn’t been much. In 2018 Jamal Elliott would have been the top ranked back in the Pac footprint. In 2020 Trey Benson would have been number three.
2022 has two 5-stars and two 4-stars, including our former commit Jaydn Ott.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Wright to USC. Just announced.
-
pdxduck2013
- Freshman
- Posts: 1431
- Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 pm
Re: Guesses on how this class ends?
Foreman to USC as well.
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15149
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
