STU-- Question for you
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
STU-- Question for you
It looks like the Ducks will finish with:
Cardwell, Avante Dickerson. (maybe Moko and unlikely JTT, Henry To'oTo'o).
If where is 1-2 spots left, is there a position that you feel the Ducks should target to reinforce the new defensive scheme ideally run by Tim Deruyter???
PS-- Avante Dickerson looks like an absolute dude.
Cardwell, Avante Dickerson. (maybe Moko and unlikely JTT, Henry To'oTo'o).
If where is 1-2 spots left, is there a position that you feel the Ducks should target to reinforce the new defensive scheme ideally run by Tim Deruyter???
PS-- Avante Dickerson looks like an absolute dude.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: STU-- Question for you
We need corners and we need to upgrade the talent at safety. Besides those two, we have pretty good talent and depth at most every other position. Transfers or additional recruits would have to be guys who are surefire NFL players.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: STU-- Question for you
StevensTechU wrote:We need corners and we need to upgrade the talent at safety. Besides those two, we have pretty good talent and depth at most every other position. Transfers or additional recruits would have to be guys who are surefire NFL players.
Hearing Avante may not be a must take. That doesn't sound right.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: STU-- Question for you
I said this in the other thread, but that could be JHop's way of signaling that Dickerson is leaning elsewhere. He definitely uses the "we didn't want him anyway" every so often when Oregon coaches miss on a recruit. Unless there is another cornerback about to commit, I don't see any way Dickerson isn't a must take. We're having wide receivers switch to the position due to lack of depth for crying out loud.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: STU-- Question for you
I absolutely agree . The minnesota insider said he would be "gobsmacked" if Avante didnt sign with Oregon.
Moko may be out.
Too'to may be in
Moko may be out.
Too'to may be in
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: STU-- Question for you
Too'to is an absolute must take.
If we truly switch to a 3-4, 4-3 and move away from nickel base, then safety isn't as pressing of a need. Either way, I think we need another body in the secondary. I'd much prefer we take a CB than OL like Moko.
If we truly switch to a 3-4, 4-3 and move away from nickel base, then safety isn't as pressing of a need. Either way, I think we need another body in the secondary. I'd much prefer we take a CB than OL like Moko.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: STU-- Question for you
I want to reiterate that in the Pac-12, the secondary is the most important defensive unit. That awful school in Seattle has maintained the best defense in the conference for years on the back of its secondary, and Cal has become a defensive stalwart of late because of the talent in their secondary. You can't just throw a couple bodies back there and call it good. Further, you can't just throw less agile safeties in at corner and call it good; you'd be much better off having corners play both corner and safety.
Oregon is desperate for corners.
Oregon is desperate for corners.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: STU-- Question for you
Are we in it for Henry? He would be a monster pick up. Easy decision to take him over Moko. Looks like Dickerson might be coming, we got a CB for him. Was hoping to grab one out of the portal who is immediately ready, but he’s a good pickup.jimmy12 wrote:I absolutely agree . The minnesota insider said he would be "gobsmacked" if Avante didnt sign with Oregon.
Moko may be out.
Too'to may be in
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: STU-- Question for you
I am hearing big fish:
Elias ricks (real)
Henry too’to (very real)
And either avante or raejon davis (very real)
Elias ricks (real)
Henry too’to (very real)
And either avante or raejon davis (very real)
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: STU-- Question for you
Any of those two would be awesome. Dickerson got two CB’s to Oregon today, one by Wiltfong. I’d obviously prefer Ricks over Avante, but either is is good and it sounds like Ricks is going to Ohio State. I haven’t heard anything about Davis or Henry, but Bama seems to want Henry so that’ll be a challengejimmy12 wrote:I am hearing big fish:
Elias ricks (real)
Henry too’to (very real)
And either avante or raejon davis (very real)
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4985
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: STU-- Question for you
Is it due to lack of depth, or to a glut at receiver with several more on the way?StevensTechU wrote:I said this in the other thread, but that could be JHop's way of signaling that Dickerson is leaning elsewhere. He definitely uses the "we didn't want him anyway" every so often when Oregon coaches miss on a recruit. Unless there is another cornerback about to commit, I don't see any way Dickerson isn't a must take. We're having wide receivers switch to the position due to lack of depth for crying out loud.
I am totally on board with getting Dickerson, but do we not like the guys already signed in this class, Davies and Barkins? What about Manning and Greenfield? Are they busts already, or do they fit better at safety? Is the issue that Oregon needs corners, are that the coaches are missing on the ones they got?
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: STU-- Question for you
This is the way I see and understand it. They have Wright, James and Manning on roster for CB. Greenfield is a safety, with not a lot of youth/talent there. Davies looks like a stud, but he may not contribute right away and Barkins is an unknown. They need talent and depth at both positions.Phalanx wrote:Is it due to lack of depth, or to a glut at receiver with several more on the way?StevensTechU wrote:I said this in the other thread, but that could be JHop's way of signaling that Dickerson is leaning elsewhere. He definitely uses the "we didn't want him anyway" every so often when Oregon coaches miss on a recruit. Unless there is another cornerback about to commit, I don't see any way Dickerson isn't a must take. We're having wide receivers switch to the position due to lack of depth for crying out loud.
I am totally on board with getting Dickerson, but do we not like the guys already signed in this class, Davies and Barkins? What about Manning and Greenfield? Are they busts already, or do they fit better at safety? Is the issue that Oregon needs corners, are that the coaches are missing on the ones they got?