Just couldn’t wait to get your hot take out there until Wednesday.
Losing a big recruit to UCLA being embarrassing is a hot take? lmao, ok.
You probably shouldn’t follow recruiting if you can’t handle the decision making process of 17-18 year olds.
Making a general statement on a forum isn't really indicative of me not being able to handle something but sure.
Unless I missed it there’s been zero crystal ball/projections of him going to Ucla (yet.) so yes, maybe this isn’t for you if you’re this worked up over something that may or may not happen.
Flips in the final week happen to even the top teams every year and Oregon is actively working on flipping multiple recruits right now. It’s how it works.
greenyellow wrote:Rumors are floating around that Oregon has tentatively scheduled a visit with Hudson Card for either late this weekend or early next week.
That is great news!!! Card would be a huge get. If you can get him, you take him first.
Card can play ball. He had a 70% completion percentage last year and a 6:1 TD to turnover ratio. His QB rating last season was 158. He essentially threw for 1000 yards in 4 games. It’s not like he was throwing all short passes with almost a 9 yard average.
Throw in that he is an explosive athlete and can move. He played WR his sophomore year in HS and was ranked one of the best athletes in 2020 class.
On top of all that, Card has a relationship with Stein and we all saw how well that worked last season.
losing our biggest recruit right before signing day to UCLA of all schools. It's not like georgia or bama swooped in at the last second.
Oregon May land Hicks and flip Proctor and Bowen, I’d easily take those 3 over Moore. Kids will be kids. If Moore really wants to go play at UCLA with a subpar supporting cast and a scheme that doesn’t produce NFL QB’s, then his loss. As for Oregon, you can’t blame Lanning cause like I said, kids will be kids.
I disagree slightly. If we lose Moore to UCLA, some blame should fall on Lanning and Malchow. They should have had a stronger relationship with Moore early on instead of letting Dillingham have control. I don’t understand the UCLA decision from Moore’s standpoint: the transition to the B1G is still a couple of years away, Kelly has no recent track record of producing NFL talent, and there is no infrastructure or supporting cast to compete. UCLA is just an odd choice. Regardless, I think it’s ok to be critical of Lanning here. I’m also not sure what this says about Stein.
Lanning and others were all involved from the very beginning and guess what, the minute Herm was fired Dan knew KD could leave so he was prepared.
Dan's not that dumb to have only had Dillingham recruiting him.
losing our biggest recruit right before signing day to UCLA of all schools. It's not like georgia or bama swooped in at the last second.
Oregon May land Hicks and flip Proctor and Bowen, I’d easily take those 3 over Moore. Kids will be kids. If Moore really wants to go play at UCLA with a subpar supporting cast and a scheme that doesn’t produce NFL QB’s, then his loss. As for Oregon, you can’t blame Lanning cause like I said, kids will be kids.
I disagree slightly. If we lose Moore to UCLA, some blame should fall on Lanning and Malchow. They should have had a stronger relationship with Moore early on instead of letting Dillingham have control. I don’t understand the UCLA decision from Moore’s standpoint: the transition to the B1G is still a couple of years away, Kelly has no recent track record of producing NFL talent, and there is no infrastructure or supporting cast to compete. UCLA is just an odd choice. Regardless, I think it’s ok to be critical of Lanning here. I’m also not sure what this says about Stein.
Lanning and others were all involved from the very beginning and guess what, the minute Herm was fired Dan knew KD could leave so he was prepared.
Dan's not that dumb to have only had Dillingham recruiting him.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll trust your word and hope that was the case. I have no insider knowledge on Moore’s recruitment. Hopefully he can close.
Last edited by lukesquared on Sun Nov 09, 2025 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what are the odds Thompson doesn’t enter the portal after the bowl game? I thought for sure he would transfer. But we’ve hardly heard anything about Oregon taking another prep or portal QB unless we lose out on Moore. Plus, if Nix doesn’t come back and we keep Moore, that’s only two scholarship QB’s. The whole situation seems weird. Almost like Lanning already knows what’s going to happen.
greenyellow wrote:Rumors are floating around that Oregon has tentatively scheduled a visit with Hudson Card for either late this weekend or early next week.
On the Autzen Audibles podcast, they said that Card had been in Eugene on Wednesday and Thursday so Oregon is very much aware of the need for backup plans for Moore and/or Nix.
lukesquared wrote:Wiltfong says Moore to UCLA is a done deal (via ScoopDuck). Oregon’s administration and coaching staff failed miserably on this one if true.
And how exactly did they fail? This comment is really interesting given I highly doubt you know any details of this situation.
We're a RT away from having a pretty damn solid group of starters with a recruiting class to back them up. If Moore doesn't want to be a part of that group than we'll find someone else in the Portal who does. (If Moore does flip Nix's NIL deal probably goes up too)