THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- fpsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2862
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 am
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
We need to hire BrYce NcNeal as a recruiter. 
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
chump01284 wrote:Wrong, are you being sarastic? Brown dont want to play against his brother if he pick clemson. Its between Oregon and Miami. Im not to worry abt losing out Boyd, take a chill pill.duckgrad99 wrote:Watch Bryce Brown go to Clemson now. Even Ohio State would have been a better choice for Boyd. What has Clemson done? If Oregon was in another part of the country, they would get a bunch of these guys.
These guys say stuff all the time. Still wouldn't surprise me to see Brown go to Clemson.

- pudgejeff
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5014
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
- GM: Sacramento Kings GM
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
The funny thing is I end up honestly not wishing these kids the best...I cheer against them every time I see one of em play...except the ones Petey tricks like Jordan Campbell...I don't wish for an injury I just love it when they suck...I talked so much s*** to Devin Ross this year after the game.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
fanoftherain
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:35 am
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
Well Atleast he didnt pick the tOSU. If you think we are pissed and sulking, I wonder what there rational is on this one. Looks like we weren't the only ones screwed on this decision. Don't worry we will get someone good next year...I mean if we can make someone like Roper look decent in this offense then Kelly can pretty much put anyone back there with a pulse, so I'm not too worried about it.
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
Here's another thought: maybe your thoughts on our recruiting class should be ignored and lets wait until Feb 4th/5th to see what happens...and then wait a few of years to debate how our class really turns out! Because I have a very good feeling you don't know what your are talking about (recruiting wise/talent evaluation)...Just saying!duckgrad99 wrote:Here is a thought: maybe our recruiting isn't as good as it appears to be.
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
-
twagner
- High School Drop Out
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:53 pm
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
Although I am a little disappointed, I am a bit confused. We are pretty deep at QB....red shirt Thomas and we are good for about 5 years. I am more interested in Brown...I think that would be a bigger get for us. What have we had the last few years.....great running backs, and this really opens up the offense regardless of the system you are in.
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
briarduck wrote:Here's another thought: maybe your thoughts on our recruiting class should be ignored and lets wait until Feb 4th/5th to see what happens...and then wait a few of years to debate how our class really turns out! Because I have a very good feeling you don't know what your are talking about (recruiting wise/talent evaluation)...Just saying!duckgrad99 wrote:Here is a thought: maybe our recruiting isn't as good as it appears to be.
GO DUCKS!!
Sorry, but unless Brown comes, none of the guys left are as good as Boyd. The class might end up very good, but maybe our staff isn't as good at recruiting as many on this board think. It hurts, but that's just the reality of it.

-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4654
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
This is not a big deal guys, it's only one unproven 4 star player. Wish him well and let's move on. We've got more immediate needs than QB this year anyway.
Posting a bunch of bad, bitter stuff about an 18 year old kid just doesn't make a lot of sense guys and it makes Oregon fans look bad as a whole. We're gonna get our share of recruits and stay in the thick of things nationally for years to come.
That being said....
Go Ducks!!!!!
Posting a bunch of bad, bitter stuff about an 18 year old kid just doesn't make a lot of sense guys and it makes Oregon fans look bad as a whole. We're gonna get our share of recruits and stay in the thick of things nationally for years to come.
That being said....
Go Ducks!!!!!
John 3:36
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
To rehash an old statement...duckgrad99 wrote:briarduck wrote:Here's another thought: maybe your thoughts on our recruiting class should be ignored and lets wait until Feb 4th/5th to see what happens...and then wait a few of years to debate how our class really turns out! Because I have a very good feeling you don't know what your are talking about (recruiting wise/talent evaluation)...Just saying!duckgrad99 wrote:Here is a thought: maybe our recruiting isn't as good as it appears to be.
GO DUCKS!!
Sorry, but unless Brown comes, none of the guys left are as good as Boyd. The class might end up very good, but maybe our staff isn't as good at recruiting as many on this board think.
You are not going to win every recruiting battle...and you have to play to reap the rewards...
What if we used that attitude in our recruiting of all the top players we have gone after...guess what we wouldn't have gotten any of them! Seriously look back at past recruiting classes and compare talent year to year we are getting better but its not over night and many of the high end talent would not even have considered us a number of years ago...
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)





Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- jasnwip
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:38 pm
- Location: Redding California
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
Please guys I am as dissapointed as anyone but can we please show some class. I can remember making a lot bigger mistakes at 18 years of age than picking the wrong D1 school to get my education paid for. He may have made the wrong choice but I believe he tried to use the right things to make his decision. It sounds like they are a close knit family and he really struggled with being that far away from home. I think 80% of the kids out there stay pretty close to home when they go to school we just don't pay that close attention because it doesn't bother us like this one did. I say we are about the classiest fans in the country now lets show it. Good look Mr. Boyd.....................Go Ducks!
- fpsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2862
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 am
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
I absolutely agree. Assuming Costa (and the others) can stay healthy this year, DT should be able to redshirt. Tajh wouldn't be playing this year anyway.twagner wrote:Although I am a little disappointed, I am a bit confused. We are pretty deep at QB....red shirt Thomas and we are good for about 5 years. I am more interested in Brown...I think that would be a bigger get for us. What have we had the last few years.....great running backs, and this really opens up the offense regardless of the system you are in.
BB, on the other hand, would see immediate playing time......as we are a little thin @ the RB position IMO.
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
You are not going to win every recruiting battle...and you have to play to reap the rewards...
What if we used that attitude in our recruiting of all the top players we have gone after...guess what we wouldn't have gotten any of them! Seriously look back at past recruiting classes and compare talent year to year we are getting better but its not over night and many of the high end talent would not even have considered us a number of years ago...
GO DUCKS!![/quote]
I agree. I just get tired of a few posters suggesting that our coaches always know what they are doing and are the best recruiters. As we have seen this time around, that's not the case. I think we have to at least get to a BCS time for some of these recruits to be able to ignore the distance factor.
What if we used that attitude in our recruiting of all the top players we have gone after...guess what we wouldn't have gotten any of them! Seriously look back at past recruiting classes and compare talent year to year we are getting better but its not over night and many of the high end talent would not even have considered us a number of years ago...
GO DUCKS!![/quote]
I agree. I just get tired of a few posters suggesting that our coaches always know what they are doing and are the best recruiters. As we have seen this time around, that's not the case. I think we have to at least get to a BCS time for some of these recruits to be able to ignore the distance factor.

-
Greydrake
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am
Re: THE ONE TAJH BOYD THREAD-(official: Boyd to Clemson)
We are fine at qb position, would like to see another bruising runner in the mix though. BTW isn't there a hot qb prospect up in Washington in the 2010 class that has the Ducks on his wish list?