Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
canaduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Now I'm not going to lose faith, the sky hasn't fallen... yet, but the worst part would be that our best case scenario is far worse.... only a Pac-10 title with Boise fans trying to claim they would be the Pac-10 Champs.
- DmoneyDuck
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
- Contact:
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
We looked so bad out there tonight. We didn't look for Ed or Holland at all. I thought LMJ was going to get more touches? I could tell after the 1st 2 carries LGB didn't have it tonight and looked really bad.
I give credit to the D. They kept us in it for a little while and had to log in so many minutes. But why were we always out of position and moving pre-snap out of confusion? Nicky MUST GO NOW..I would love to have the optimism that we will finish strong like the Beavs, but from past experiences we are a team that folds under adversity..hope I'm wrong.
Let's see how they finish the OOC games and then we can talk about major overhauls,etc.
I give credit to the D. They kept us in it for a little while and had to log in so many minutes. But why were we always out of position and moving pre-snap out of confusion? Nicky MUST GO NOW..I would love to have the optimism that we will finish strong like the Beavs, but from past experiences we are a team that folds under adversity..hope I'm wrong.
Let's see how they finish the OOC games and then we can talk about major overhauls,etc.
-
GrandpaDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3306
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I'm almost certain the play calling was Kelly. If he wants to call plays, go up in the booth next to your Qb coach and let Greatwood (Assistant Head Coach under Bellotti) mange the sideline.
Hopefully this was just a lesson for Chip that he can't do everything.
The O-Line couldn't block crap.
The defense did an admirable job against an outstanding team, in a tough environment, with horrid support from the offense.
Jackson Rice MVP
Hopefully this was just a lesson for Chip that he can't do everything.
The O-Line couldn't block crap.
The defense did an admirable job against an outstanding team, in a tough environment, with horrid support from the offense.
Jackson Rice MVP
-
Autzenoise
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1196
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 pm
- Location: Pendleton
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Amen to Rice...I am glad he acme out that strong. Been a while since I have been that happy with our punting 
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
-
polyduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 pm
- Location: Vancouver. WA
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
it's gonna be a L O N G day @ the office tomorrow...think i should call in sick! gotta listen to all the BS from all the BARK RAT fans in my office......ughhhh!
And yes.....LGB's gotta go!
GO VIKINGS!
And yes.....LGB's gotta go!
GO VIKINGS!
- OreDucks01284
- Senior
- Posts: 3635
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Salem, Oregon
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
jeez, Kelly need to go back to play calling. Helfich should not be call plays in his first year.

- OreDucks01284
- Senior
- Posts: 3635
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Salem, Oregon
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
i honestly think we should have played against cupcake team first to get our D/O straight out and get the vibe ready by 2nd game, Especially set up a home game first.

-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
chump01284 wrote:i honestly think we should have played against cupcake team first to get our D/O straight out and get the vibe ready by 2nd game
I agree.

- OreDucks01284
- Senior
- Posts: 3635
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Salem, Oregon
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
duckgrad99 wrote:chump01284 wrote:i honestly think we should have played against cupcake team first to get our D/O straight out and get the vibe ready by 2nd game
I agree.
Yea, glad you agree. I dont see why we didnt do that. I would rather to play against Utah state first and smash them, Work on our mistake, and get ready for boise state for 2nd game or 3rd. i cant blame Ducks for wanting Revenge in their first game, I was wanting revenge too, but kinda wish we played cupcake team first.

-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I'm not sure, tbased on what we witnessed tonight, that Oregon could have handled Utah State.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
OregonMAX
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:06 am
- Location: Bellevue, WA
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Utah State didn't play too horribly bad against the Utes. Made it interesting for a little while.
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
-
gofightingducks
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5533
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
The play calling was terrible. Blount was crap and even Masoli looked terrible. What was up with the same pass play over and over again and Masoli never running the ball? So much for the great hands of the WR's this year and Masoli's improved throwing ability. It is going to be a LOOOOOOng season if the offense continues like this. About the only team the Ducks would be lucky to beat is Washington State.
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I was asking myself this question after the game last night and this morning. Do you think Boise St is really good, or were we that bad? Boise St may finish undeafted this season, but I don't think they are that great. The home field obviously had something to do with their success. Not taking away from their win because they smacked Oregon, but I just don't think they are a top 10 team.

-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I was hoping to wake up this morning and have it all be a terrible nightmare... guess not. What happened on the field last night was BRUTAL BRUTAL BRUTAL... but what happened after the game was even worse. Ive never been embarrassed to be a duck fan... until last night. Kick Blount off the team.
I still cant believe what happened last night.... total shock.
For Sale: One never worn Blount tee-shirt, size Large

I still cant believe what happened last night.... total shock.
For Sale: One never worn Blount tee-shirt, size Large


"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39223
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I think that BSU is a decent team but nothing last night suggested they were a top-10 team, maybe only top-20.duckgrad99 wrote:I was asking myself this question after the game last night and this morning. Do you think Boise St is really good, or were we that bad? Boise St may finish undeafted this season, but I don't think they are that great. The home field obviously had something to do with their success. Not taking away from their win because they smacked Oregon, but I just don't think they are a top 10 team.
