Page 2 of 2
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:01 pm
by duckgrad99
[
BSU fans are the worst? Give me an example please. I didn't hear any chatter from their fans or players trash talking the ducks before the game. I find it hard to believe that they are worse than Beaver fans or even fans from schools like Ohio State.[/quote]
Did you go to the game in Boise? After the game most fans were acting like tools. I had one lady tell me "You need to die", I asked her why and all she could say is they just whooped us, I said yeah so again why do I need to Die???[/quote]
Ok wow, that is pretty bad. With that being said, I still won't root for Oregon State when they play Boise St.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:14 pm
by TualatinDuck
When OSeeeeWe plays Boise, I will be the biggest Beaver homer that week I can be! Afterwards I will cleanse my brain with Clorox to erase the memory of said brief fandom!
I have several people around here that always talk mad trash against the Ducks and were riding me non stop leading up to the Boise game and it only got worse after! I was just even semi accosted yesterday about the Boise game. Screw BSU!
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:40 pm
by bmxryder507
duckgrad99 wrote:[
BSU fans are the worst? Give me an example please. I didn't hear any chatter from their fans or players trash talking the ducks before the game. I find it hard to believe that they are worse than Beaver fans or even fans from schools like Ohio State.
Did you go to the game in Boise? After the game most fans were acting like tools. I had one lady tell me "You need to die", I asked her why and all she could say is they just whooped us, I said yeah so again why do I need to Die???[/quote]
Ok wow, that is pretty bad. With that being said, I still won't root for Oregon State when they play Boise St.[/quote]
I wont root for the beev's either but I will root for boise to lose.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:07 pm
by lukeyrid13
I will root for both offenses to look as bad as ours and a 0-0 tie has to go into overtime.....
And I heard a lot of really bad stories about BSU fans including pouring gas on ducks fans, throwing beer, shoving one into the ground when the duck fan hadn't said a word to this person etc. Everyone I have talked to/heard talk about it says they just did not know how to act and then playing the punch after we're lucky there wasn't more violence in the stands
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:15 pm
by gofightingducks
I was at the game and a very large percentage of the fans were douchebags before, during and particularly after the game.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Ok I need to rephrase, I won't be rooting for the beevs to win, I will be rooting for boise to lose. And lose by as much as possible. 100-0 would be about right, with Quizz decking kellen moore in the nuts, cuz he couldn't reach his chin, after the game.

Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 pm
by duck55
gofightingducks wrote:I was at the game and a very large percentage of the fans were douchebags before, during and particularly after the game.
I've been to plenty of games in Eugene & could say the same thing about a number of "Duck" fans. It doesn't take very many to leave that impression even if it isnt true for 98% of us.

I also remember the Fresno fans having the same problem.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:22 pm
by duckgrad99
When I used to go to duck games, I would see several duck fans spit on beaver fans at the civil war game. I think there are some "out of control" fans of just about every team. Maybe not Stanford.

Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:42 pm
by Bigducker
Have any of you guys rooting for Fresno because you dislike Boise's fans ever been to a game in Fresneck? Didn't think so...
You talk about bunch of rowdy totally obnoxious fans, who will challenge you to a fight, spit at you, throw beer at you, ETC. They are the worst fans I've ever encountered in going to over 12 different road games over the years. Even though there are a few bad Boise St fans They are are 1000 times more civil than that pit in Fresno...... No comparison !!! GO BRONCO'S
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:02 am
by freedjr
duckgrad99 wrote:When I used to go to duck games, I would see several duck fans spit on beaver fans at the civil war game. I think there are some "out of control" fans of just about every team. Maybe not Stanford.

Agreed. There are crappy fans everywhere, especially in such a heated game as the Boise one. One of my co-workers was at Boise and he said the fans were pretty awesome, even after the Blount fiasco. Maybe he was just in a good section, but if the situation was reversed, I have a feeling BSU fans would have cause to say the same thing about the Ducks.
The funny thing is I've gone to see the Ducks play the Huskies the last three times they were up in Seattle, and Huskies fans have always been nice to me. That has always been a complete shock.
I think it's mostly personal experience with fans. The only fan I got so mad at I seriously considered tipping him over in a port-o-potty was a Coug fan. I still get fired up at that guy and it was two (three?) years ago.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40 pm
by woundedknees
I once refrained from giving a Fuskie a swirly at Autzen...
Amazing what a little self control can do!