2022 RB Jordan James
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4990
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
The point was not Tua vs. Herbert, but the fact that just because you pick one, doesn't mean the other one isn't also good. Just because Georgia isn't prioritizing James doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't be good for the Ducks.
P.S. Tua would only have played here when Justin was injured. HE made the right call going to Alabama.
P.S. Tua would only have played here when Justin was injured. HE made the right call going to Alabama.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8649
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
Herbert wasn’t perfect, but you give him 1/2 of Alabama’s skill players...dthomas=ddixon wrote:If Herbert had been on those Bama he would have broken college football.
Tua: 5 first round WRs, 2 first round RBs, 2nd round TE.
Herbert: 1 fourth round RB, 1 seventh round WR.
Including OL, Herbert got 1.5 seasons of Sewell. Tua had another three first rounders and a second round pick for a grand total 10 first round picks. Alabama had more first round picks on offense alone than a usual NFL roster.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
Jordan James’ Oakland team went 29-0 over the last two years in Tennessee’s top division. He was the MVP of both state title games.
His team finished ranked 4th in the high school NATIONAL rankings and 10th if private schools are included. They played several other top-50/60 nationally ranked teams.
His coaches comparison for him: Emmitt Smith. He reminds me of CJ Verdell, kind of the deluxe version. Short, fast enough to breakaway but not lightning fast. Can catch the ball very well. Doesn’t dance too much but can find the lane and go for it. Like CJ he won’t be easily brought down by the first guy, but he also looks more capable of shedding a guy trying to drag him down.
His team finished ranked 4th in the high school NATIONAL rankings and 10th if private schools are included. They played several other top-50/60 nationally ranked teams.
His coaches comparison for him: Emmitt Smith. He reminds me of CJ Verdell, kind of the deluxe version. Short, fast enough to breakaway but not lightning fast. Can catch the ball very well. Doesn’t dance too much but can find the lane and go for it. Like CJ he won’t be easily brought down by the first guy, but he also looks more capable of shedding a guy trying to drag him down.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
Paul is down in Athens, GA this weekend instead of in Eugene. With that and Broussard going to MSU, seems James is their only real RB option at this point.

-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
I thought paul was in athens
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
Corrected that now. Plus James is down in Gainesville this weekend so it's anyone's guess how Oregon will fill it's RB room if things don't turn out well.jimmy12 wrote:I thought paul was in athens

-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
Oh good.. thank you.
I thought is read somewhere that james canceled the gainsville trip.
I thought is read somewhere that james canceled the gainsville trip.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
He did so it'll be an UGA/Oregon battle. Really hope the worst-case scenario of him sticking with UGA and Andrew Paul heading to Michigan/Clemson doesn't happen as Oregon would be left scrambling a bit in finding depth/help at RB.jimmy12 wrote:Oh good.. thank you.
I thought is read somewhere that james canceled the gainsville trip.
https://hailfloridahail.com/2021/10/15/ ... -the-year/

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
I don't think I've ever seen someone who is committed to a school set an announcement with finalists just to say they're sticking with the school they publicly already committed to. So I think he's a Duck.greenyellow wrote:He did so it'll be an UGA/Oregon battle. Really hope the worst-case scenario of him sticking with UGA and Andrew Paul heading to Michigan/Clemson doesn't happen as Oregon would be left scrambling a bit in finding depth/help at RB.jimmy12 wrote:Oh good.. thank you.
I thought is read somewhere that james canceled the gainsville trip.
https://hailfloridahail.com/2021/10/15/ ... -the-year/
I think his best comp is Cardwell. Big-er body, slower than we're used to seeing as Duck fans, but good vision and not a lot of wasted movement. I think I'm growing frustrated a little because we haven't signed an All Conference type of back for a number of years now. Hard to blame that on the new staff by any means, though.
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
I would argue that Dye should have been all-conference. He put up better overall numbers than Baylor or Charbonnet. Alas, the Pac-12 coaches in their annual quest to slight Cristobal by voting as few all-conference players as possible, dropped him to honorable mention. If Dye had been the number 1 back all year, I think he would have put up big enough numbers that they wouldn't have been able to keep him off.StevensTechU wrote:I don't think I've ever seen someone who is committed to a school set an announcement with finalists just to say they're sticking with the school they publicly already committed to. So I think he's a Duck.greenyellow wrote:He did so it'll be an UGA/Oregon battle. Really hope the worst-case scenario of him sticking with UGA and Andrew Paul heading to Michigan/Clemson doesn't happen as Oregon would be left scrambling a bit in finding depth/help at RB.jimmy12 wrote:Oh good.. thank you.
I thought is read somewhere that james canceled the gainsville trip.
https://hailfloridahail.com/2021/10/15/ ... -the-year/
I think his best comp is Cardwell. Big-er body, slower than we're used to seeing as Duck fans, but good vision and not a lot of wasted movement. I think I'm growing frustrated a little because we haven't signed an All Conference type of back for a number of years now. Hard to blame that on the new staff by any means, though.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
I don't disagree with you at all on that. Verdell and Dye are both all-conference level guys. Verdell was signed in 2017 and Dye was signed in 2018.
To play devil's advocate against both you and I, though. Would you take Oregon's stable of backs ahead of UCLA's or Utah's? Could you see the standouts at WSU, OSU, and Stanford (Nathaniel Peat, specifically) put up all-conference numbers in Oregon's offense?
To play devil's advocate against both you and I, though. Would you take Oregon's stable of backs ahead of UCLA's or Utah's? Could you see the standouts at WSU, OSU, and Stanford (Nathaniel Peat, specifically) put up all-conference numbers in Oregon's offense?
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
I would take Zach Charbonnet over any back we’ve had since 2018 through now, except for Dye. That one would be close.StevensTechU wrote:I don't disagree with you at all on that. Verdell and Dye are both all-conference level guys. Verdell was signed in 2017 and Dye was signed in 2018.
To play devil's advocate against both you and I, though. Would you take Oregon's stable of backs ahead of UCLA's or Utah's? Could you see the standouts at WSU, OSU, and Stanford (Nathaniel Peat, specifically) put up all-conference numbers in Oregon's offense?
Arizona State had a good back, he transferred to Ohio State to play LB. Ty Jordan, RIP and all, Thomas, and Booker looked very good at Utah and so did Jermar Jefferson and Baylor at Oregon State. But I think Verdell and Dye were as good as any of those could be in the offense Oregon ran. Basically, there hasn’t been a Pac-12 RB (or group) significantly better than Dye or Verdell since? That speaks for how poor the conference has been.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
StevensTechU wrote:I don't think I've ever seen someone who is committed to a school set an announcement with finalists just to say they're sticking with the school they publicly already committed to. So I think he's a Duck.greenyellow wrote:He did so it'll be an UGA/Oregon battle. Really hope the worst-case scenario of him sticking with UGA and Andrew Paul heading to Michigan/Clemson doesn't happen as Oregon would be left scrambling a bit in finding depth/help at RB.jimmy12 wrote:Oh good.. thank you.
I thought is read somewhere that james canceled the gainsville trip.
https://hailfloridahail.com/2021/10/15/ ... -the-year/
I think his best comp is Cardwell. Big-er body, slower than we're used to seeing as Duck fans, but good vision and not a lot of wasted movement. I think I'm growing frustrated a little because we haven't signed an All Conference type of back for a number of years now. Hard to blame that on the new staff by any means, though.
Slower compared to who though? Verdell wasn’t a burner and Royce was/is slow out of the blocks and that’s what has kept him from doing much in the nfl.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: 2022 RB Jordan James
Verdell is quite fast. Probably 4.45-4.55 neighborhood. Only time I can recall him being caught from behind was the Ohio State DB, who barely caught him and is himself probably quite fast. I can't remember any others. James clocked a 4.69. Funny enough, in looking up those numbers, apparently both cleaned 245 at the same age.
On Royce, his biggest problem is that his vision sucks. Guy ran a 4.54 at the combine. It was always so interesting seeing Kani Benoit come in to give Royce a breather and show clearly better vision.
On Royce, his biggest problem is that his vision sucks. Guy ran a 4.54 at the combine. It was always so interesting seeing Kani Benoit come in to give Royce a breather and show clearly better vision.
