Page 2 of 5

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:18 pm
by greenyellow
That'd suck if his parents pushed him elsewhere.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:23 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Wouldn’t be the first time the parents forced a kid to go somewhere they didn’t want to.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:29 pm
by greenyellow
OregonFan4Life wrote:Wouldn’t be the first time the parents forced a kid to go somewhere they didn’t want to.
I remember it happening a few times for recruits that ended up at USC. Then there have been the very public disagreements on ESPN involving SEC recruits.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:15 pm
by greenyellow

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:52 pm
by pezsez1
How long today does he have to send in papers? Any good sources for updates?

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:54 pm
by droop10
pezsez1 wrote:How long today does he have to send in papers? Any good sources for updates?
They have until the 23rd for the early signing period. If it's not sent in by then, he'd have to wait until Feb. 1st.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 pm
by DmoneyDuck
How worried should we be the NLI has not been sent in? I assume Lanning and Co. are doing some serious parental schmoozing right now.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:56 pm
by squintsdd
DmoneyDuck wrote:How worried should we be the NLI has not been sent in? I assume Lanning and Co. are doing some serious parental schmoozing right now.
I'd be worried. When parents get involved it never usually bodes well when they disapprove off the decision

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:00 am
by alxtw
From the body language in his commitment clip, it seems like his dad was in on it, while his mom was completely left in the dark and caught off guard.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:47 am
by Phalanx
People here acting like parental involvement is a bad thing. If that was my kid, you'd better believe we would be having family powwows all through the process. Of course, I'd probably also be telling him that putting the hat on of the team you gave your commitment to for months only to deke everyone (including mom) and break your commitment for a joke is not a great look. Hopefully, he and his parents can agree on the best situation, and as a fan, I selfishly hope that means coming to Oregon.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:41 am
by droop10
Word is Bowen flipping to Oklahoma, which makes no sense, as apparently he and his parents decided to narrow the decision down to Oregon and ND the night before. How Oklahoma suddenly got back in the picture is weird. Alas, still a great NSD, but a bit of a bummer end to the early period. I would suspect that Bowen switching pretty much eliminates Hicks and there’s a good chance Hicks is going to Oklahoma as well.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:53 am
by bellsduck
Phalanx wrote:People here acting like parental involvement is a bad thing. If that was my kid, you'd better believe we would be having family powwows all through the process. Of course, I'd probably also be telling him that putting the hat on of the team you gave your commitment to for months only to deke everyone (including mom) and break your commitment for a joke is not a great look. Hopefully, he and his parents can agree on the best situation, and as a fan, I selfishly hope that means coming to Oregon.
I'd also be telling my kid to honor a commitment he makes in national TV.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 am
by Alan
For this kid it seems to be about his 25 minutes of fame, ND, then a flip to Oregon with a rude and hurtful move by putting ND hat on first, now a day later Oklahoma is in play, if rumor is true…… no wonder I turned into a “get off my lawn” guy.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:03 am
by OregonFan4Life
At this point I don’t know if I even want Bowen, he seems like he would bring too much drama with him.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:13 am
by chapelhillduck
Fire Dan Lanning for not closing! /s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk