Page 3 of 3

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:11 pm
by lukeyrid13
duckyoubeavers wrote:James Worthy much hate it in Oregon for some reason..
Haha yeah, I guess he doesn't like the rain.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:16 pm
by OreDucks01284
for the first time I am 3-0 in this sim, wow! two close game. GG

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 am
by dthomas=ddixon
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:3-1. Weird.
Go get Ron Harper from the Suns. He'd fit your team a lot better than Curry imo.
I feel like it's not really worth it at this point. Like it would be better to just try for another decent draft pick, and not trade it away this time.

I have a decent roster if you look at the player ratings but in reality they play like one of the worst rosters in the league. So continuing to invest in and building around players that look good but actually aren't seems like a bad idea.

Or am I just an awful GM and mismanaging the roster? I've tried just about every combination and none seem to make the team play any better.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 am
by FlDuckFan
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:3-1. Weird.
Go get Ron Harper from the Suns. He'd fit your team a lot better than Curry imo.
I feel like it's not really worth it at this point. Like it would be better to just try for another decent draft pick, and not trade it away this time.

I have a decent roster if you look at the player ratings but in reality they play like one of the worst rosters in the league. So continuing to invest in and building around players that look good but actually aren't seems like a bad idea.

Or am I just an awful GM and mismanaging the roster? I've tried just about every combination and none seem to make the team play any better.

You're not the only one, except I traded away my futures.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 am
by dthomas=ddixon
FlDuckFan wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:3-1. Weird.
Go get Ron Harper from the Suns. He'd fit your team a lot better than Curry imo.
I feel like it's not really worth it at this point. Like it would be better to just try for another decent draft pick, and not trade it away this time.

I have a decent roster if you look at the player ratings but in reality they play like one of the worst rosters in the league. So continuing to invest in and building around players that look good but actually aren't seems like a bad idea.

Or am I just an awful GM and mismanaging the roster? I've tried just about every combination and none seem to make the team play any better.

You're not the only one, except I traded away my futures.
Yeah I actually have one of them :?

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 am
by UOducksTK1
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:3-1. Weird.
Go get Ron Harper from the Suns. He'd fit your team a lot better than Curry imo.
I feel like it's not really worth it at this point. Like it would be better to just try for another decent draft pick, and not trade it away this time.

I have a decent roster if you look at the player ratings but in reality they play like one of the worst rosters in the league. So continuing to invest in and building around players that look good but actually aren't seems like a bad idea.

Or am I just an awful GM and mismanaging the roster? I've tried just about every combination and none seem to make the team play any better.
Fact is, Curry was not what you were expecting. You desperately need a #1 scorer, and he's just not cutting it right now. That's killing your team.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am
by pudgejeff
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:3-1. Weird.
Go get Ron Harper from the Suns. He'd fit your team a lot better than Curry imo.
I feel like it's not really worth it at this point. Like it would be better to just try for another decent draft pick, and not trade it away this time.

I have a decent roster if you look at the player ratings but in reality they play like one of the worst rosters in the league. So continuing to invest in and building around players that look good but actually aren't seems like a bad idea.

Or am I just an awful GM and mismanaging the roster? I've tried just about every combination and none seem to make the team play any better.
Fact is, Curry was not what you were expecting. You desperately need a #1 scorer, and he's just not cutting it right now. That's killing your team.
That trade is looking really bad now.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:49 am
by dthomas=ddixon
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:3-1. Weird.
Go get Ron Harper from the Suns. He'd fit your team a lot better than Curry imo.
I feel like it's not really worth it at this point. Like it would be better to just try for another decent draft pick, and not trade it away this time.

I have a decent roster if you look at the player ratings but in reality they play like one of the worst rosters in the league. So continuing to invest in and building around players that look good but actually aren't seems like a bad idea.

Or am I just an awful GM and mismanaging the roster? I've tried just about every combination and none seem to make the team play any better.
Fact is, Curry was not what you were expecting. You desperately need a #1 scorer, and he's just not cutting it right now. That's killing your team.
That trade is looking really bad now.
Yep.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:46 pm
by Bundybastard
Sorry about disappearing, this league kinda got lost with some irl stuff. Ill get active again if I haven't been replaced.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:56 pm
by lukeyrid13
Bundybastard wrote:Sorry about disappearing, this league kinda got lost with some irl stuff. Ill get active again if I haven't been replaced.
Oh you're fine, no worries.

Re: Sim 5 Discussion (Days 26-30)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:18 pm
by UOducksTK1
Bundybastard wrote:Sorry about disappearing, this league kinda got lost with some irl stuff. Ill get active again if I haven't been replaced.
Things are pretty slow-paced here, but PM me if you get caught up with life or whatever or get busy. I can at least keep tabs.