You pretty much just echoed my thoughts and opinions. Hey if you are in section 21, you should come sit up near the front. Because if the first 10 rows or so are standing, the people behind you can't complain.Oregonian wrote:Wow, lots of section 21ers here.
I think a big issue is that a lot of the former GA tickets were opted into being Child/Senior tickets... meaning you get exactly that. Me and my girlfriend were smack dab in the middle of Section 21, and as a former GA holder I used to stand all game every game, and it was the norm... now I've got 6 older people behind me that are obviously sitting most of the game, so I don't want to be disrespectful and stand the entire game in front of them.
A big part of the GA re-order was that it took the tenacity out of that entire crowd... You were in the lower levels because you got there earlier and everybody was excited for the game. Now it's just your ticket like anywhere else.
Hell, I had a woman and her husband who were seated next to me, come into the game late, leave at halftime, and never comeback, yet she was sooooo opinionated on what we should do and how Masoli was playing. To me, it's like, why even buy a ticket? Hell, I'm at my seat an hour before the game starts just so I can watch the warm-ups, take in the atmosphere. And GA was the epitome of that type of fan.
Now it's just people who were cheapskates on their ticket. Period.
Emotion... crowd?
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40581
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Emotion... crowd?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
Oregonian
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 931
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 am
Re: Emotion... crowd?
I'm in row 16... not sure if I want to tip-toe the line of stealing seats!UOducksTK1 wrote:You pretty much just echoed my thoughts and opinions. Hey if you are in section 21, you should come sit up near the front. Because if the first 10 rows or so are standing, the people behind you can't complain.Oregonian wrote:Wow, lots of section 21ers here.
I think a big issue is that a lot of the former GA tickets were opted into being Child/Senior tickets... meaning you get exactly that. Me and my girlfriend were smack dab in the middle of Section 21, and as a former GA holder I used to stand all game every game, and it was the norm... now I've got 6 older people behind me that are obviously sitting most of the game, so I don't want to be disrespectful and stand the entire game in front of them.
A big part of the GA re-order was that it took the tenacity out of that entire crowd... You were in the lower levels because you got there earlier and everybody was excited for the game. Now it's just your ticket like anywhere else.
Hell, I had a woman and her husband who were seated next to me, come into the game late, leave at halftime, and never comeback, yet she was sooooo opinionated on what we should do and how Masoli was playing. To me, it's like, why even buy a ticket? Hell, I'm at my seat an hour before the game starts just so I can watch the warm-ups, take in the atmosphere. And GA was the epitome of that type of fan.
Now it's just people who were cheapskates on their ticket. Period.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40581
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Emotion... crowd?
I'm 6 rows in front of you. Well maybe switch with someone in front of you then? haha, man anything so I can stand and get into the game...Oregonian wrote:I'm in row 16... not sure if I want to tip-toe the line of stealing seats!UOducksTK1 wrote:You pretty much just echoed my thoughts and opinions. Hey if you are in section 21, you should come sit up near the front. Because if the first 10 rows or so are standing, the people behind you can't complain.Oregonian wrote:Wow, lots of section 21ers here.
I think a big issue is that a lot of the former GA tickets were opted into being Child/Senior tickets... meaning you get exactly that. Me and my girlfriend were smack dab in the middle of Section 21, and as a former GA holder I used to stand all game every game, and it was the norm... now I've got 6 older people behind me that are obviously sitting most of the game, so I don't want to be disrespectful and stand the entire game in front of them.
A big part of the GA re-order was that it took the tenacity out of that entire crowd... You were in the lower levels because you got there earlier and everybody was excited for the game. Now it's just your ticket like anywhere else.
Hell, I had a woman and her husband who were seated next to me, come into the game late, leave at halftime, and never comeback, yet she was sooooo opinionated on what we should do and how Masoli was playing. To me, it's like, why even buy a ticket? Hell, I'm at my seat an hour before the game starts just so I can watch the warm-ups, take in the atmosphere. And GA was the epitome of that type of fan.
Now it's just people who were cheapskates on their ticket. Period.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- MerDuck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 983
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 pm
Re: Emotion... crowd?
exactly!Oregonian wrote:Wow, lots of section 21ers here.
I think a big issue is that a lot of the former GA tickets were opted into being Child/Senior tickets... meaning you get exactly that. Me and my girlfriend were smack dab in the middle of Section 21, and as a former GA holder I used to stand all game every game, and it was the norm... now I've got 6 older people behind me that are obviously sitting most of the game, so I don't want to be disrespectful and stand the entire game in front of them.
A big part of the GA re-order was that it took the tenacity out of that entire crowd... You were in the lower levels because you got there earlier and everybody was excited for the game. Now it's just your ticket like anywhere else.
Hell, I had a woman and her husband who were seated next to me, come into the game late, leave at halftime, and never comeback, yet she was sooooo opinionated on what we should do and how Masoli was playing. To me, it's like, why even buy a ticket? Hell, I'm at my seat an hour before the game starts just so I can watch the warm-ups, take in the atmosphere. And GA was the epitome of that type of fan.
Now it's just people who were cheapskates on their ticket. Period.
