How are we going to finish up?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: How are we going to finish up?
Sounds like Rushing is starting to have second thoughts. Which isn’t at all surprising.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: How are we going to finish up?
He thinking that he'd like to come and redshirt behind Tuioti, Matayo, and Blake Purchase at Oregon?dthomas=ddixon wrote:Sounds like Rushing is starting to have second thoughts. Which isn’t at all surprising.
- Quietduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 621
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Re: How are we going to finish up?
If he is a good as his rating he should be confident enough to believe he can get playing time no matter who is in front of him.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: How are we going to finish up?
Pete Carroll at his peak would get those guys to come in on the basis that you're the best and in our locker room, you'll be competing against the best to help make you even better. If we get him, I think its likely that Dan is using that "internal competition" as a recruiting tool.StevensTechU wrote:He thinking that he'd like to come and redshirt behind Tuioti, Matayo, and Blake Purchase at Oregon?dthomas=ddixon wrote:Sounds like Rushing is starting to have second thoughts. Which isn’t at all surprising.

-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: How are we going to finish up?
He’s seeing a team that gets after the QB and rotates like crazy. And those true freshman playing so much on a veteran front is just proof that if you’re good enough you’ll play.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: How are we going to finish up?
I kid, guys. I kid.
Largely, I'm pointing out that with or without Rushing, our edges are in as good a spot as they've been in a while.
The more the merrier, obviously.
Largely, I'm pointing out that with or without Rushing, our edges are in as good a spot as they've been in a while.
The more the merrier, obviously.
- Quietduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 621
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Re: How are we going to finish up?
As much as I love edge rushers I wish we had the same wealth of bodies for the interior. Some 5 stars at DT would make our rush crazy.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: How are we going to finish up?
T. Green is going to be mean and we just brought in over a half-ton of DTs last class so I'd say that wealth is already there, they're just overshadowed by the upper-classman ahead of them. The 2 lightest DL are each 290 and the only ones listed under 300.Quietduck wrote:As much as I love edge rushers I wish we had the same wealth of bodies for the interior. Some 5 stars at DT would make our rush crazy.
We also don't ask them to 1-gap so it naturally takes more time for them to develop that strength and play-style but the DL is in good hands with DL.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: How are we going to finish up?
I feel pretty good that at least 2-3 of Ben Roberts, Terrance Green, A'mauri Washington, Johnny Bowens, an My'Keil Gardner will be ready to replace Casey Rogers, Popo, and Taki. If the Ducks land Jericho Johnson, who visited for the Colorado game, I think they're the envy of all west coast programs and ready to compete nationally. I think uw still is the favorite to land him, but we'll see.
This thread doesn't talk transfers really, but I don't see our 2024 quarterback on the current roster. I'm proud that Ty is making strides, but he isn't the guy, and Novosad probably isn't either. The two freshmen coming in aren't phenoms and so I think a transfer is the only real option. It'll be a tough market with Alabama and others potentially looking for a QB, as well. I'd hate to fall flat in our first Big Ten season, and the roster is really darn good outside of QB.
This thread doesn't talk transfers really, but I don't see our 2024 quarterback on the current roster. I'm proud that Ty is making strides, but he isn't the guy, and Novosad probably isn't either. The two freshmen coming in aren't phenoms and so I think a transfer is the only real option. It'll be a tough market with Alabama and others potentially looking for a QB, as well. I'd hate to fall flat in our first Big Ten season, and the roster is really darn good outside of QB.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: How are we going to finish up?
One word: Dante MooreStevensTechU wrote:This thread doesn't talk transfers really, but I don't see our 2024 quarterback on the current roster. I'm proud that Ty is making strides, but he isn't the guy, and Novosad probably isn't either. The two freshmen coming in aren't phenoms and so I think a transfer is the only real option. It'll be a tough market with Alabama and others potentially looking for a QB, as well. I'd hate to fall flat in our first Big Ten season, and the roster is really darn good outside of QB.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15145
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: How are we going to finish up?
Any chance we land Aydin Breland? If we land him along with Kobe Black and flip Elijah Rushing defense will have a very bright future, and while I’m at it I’m going to dream that we also flip Justin Williams from Georgia.

-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: How are we going to finish up?
FIFY... BRING THE HEAT!Duck07 wrote:Pete Carroll at his peak would get those guys to come in on the basis that you're the best and in our locker room, you'll be competing against the best to help make you even better. If we get him, I think its likely that Dan is using that "internal combustion" as a recruiting tool.StevensTechU wrote:He thinking that he'd like to come and redshirt behind Tuioti, Matayo, and Blake Purchase at Oregon?dthomas=ddixon wrote:Sounds like Rushing is starting to have second thoughts. Which isn’t at all surprising.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
justin_f
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm
Re: How are we going to finish up?
Is that possible now he is starting at ucla?dthomas=ddixon wrote:One word: Dante MooreStevensTechU wrote:This thread doesn't talk transfers really, but I don't see our 2024 quarterback on the current roster. I'm proud that Ty is making strides, but he isn't the guy, and Novosad probably isn't either. The two freshmen coming in aren't phenoms and so I think a transfer is the only real option. It'll be a tough market with Alabama and others potentially looking for a QB, as well. I'd hate to fall flat in our first Big Ten season, and the roster is really darn good outside of QB.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: How are we going to finish up?
I was kidding, I think that ship has sailed. But nothing would surprise me. His OL can barely protect him now and it’s only going to get worse in the B1G.justin_f wrote:Is that possible now he is starting at ucla?dthomas=ddixon wrote:One word: Dante MooreStevensTechU wrote:This thread doesn't talk transfers really, but I don't see our 2024 quarterback on the current roster. I'm proud that Ty is making strides, but he isn't the guy, and Novosad probably isn't either. The two freshmen coming in aren't phenoms and so I think a transfer is the only real option. It'll be a tough market with Alabama and others potentially looking for a QB, as well. I'd hate to fall flat in our first Big Ten season, and the roster is really darn good outside of QB.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4651
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: How are we going to finish up?
You never know. The Ducks weren't Big-10 bound when he jumped to UCLA and now they are. He could still be close to family and friends a few times per year while playing for a team with national championship aspirations.dthomas=ddixon wrote:I was kidding, I think that ship has sailed. But nothing would surprise me. His OL can barely protect him now and it’s only going to get worse in the B1G.justin_f wrote:Is that possible now he is starting at ucla?dthomas=ddixon wrote:One word: Dante MooreStevensTechU wrote:This thread doesn't talk transfers really, but I don't see our 2024 quarterback on the current roster. I'm proud that Ty is making strides, but he isn't the guy, and Novosad probably isn't either. The two freshmen coming in aren't phenoms and so I think a transfer is the only real option. It'll be a tough market with Alabama and others potentially looking for a QB, as well. I'd hate to fall flat in our first Big Ten season, and the roster is really darn good outside of QB.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
They'll bring in someone for sure, though.
John 3:36