5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by northbeachsf »

QuackininBama wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Losing Moore still hurts but getting Nix for another year isn't a bad thing. They just have to make sure they get another QB down the road.
We lost him? I didn't see anything official yet?
Witfong said it is a done deal and that dude is almost never wrong. It would be shocking if he still came.
That being said, if Card comes, we will be better off anyways.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by HomeSickDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Losing Moore still hurts but getting Nix for another year isn't a bad thing. They just have to make sure they get another QB down the road.
We lost him? I didn't see anything official yet?
Witfong said it is a done deal and that dude is almost never wrong. It would be shocking if he still came.
That being said, if Card comes, we will be better off anyways.
I doubt card would come now that Bo is coming back. I’d love to be wrong though.
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by squintsdd »

How many years does card have? I'm curious if he'd step into a backup role if he was pretty much guaranteed to start the following season
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by HomeSickDuck »

squintsdd wrote:How many years does card have? I'm curious if he'd step into a backup role if he was pretty much guaranteed to start the following season
I think I read two, but I’m not sure if he has a red year shirt available or not.
snapt
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 588
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: Behind the potato curtain

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by snapt »

Wishful thinking, I’d be tickled to see Ty put it all together after another season of Bo and ball for his last few years.
BOOF it!
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by northbeachsf »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
squintsdd wrote:How many years does card have? I'm curious if he'd step into a backup role if he was pretty much guaranteed to start the following season
I think I read two, but I’m not sure if he has a red year shirt available or not.
Yes. He has 3 to play 2. He could redshirt next year and start for 2 years after that. Ideal situation.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by HomeSickDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
squintsdd wrote:How many years does card have? I'm curious if he'd step into a backup role if he was pretty much guaranteed to start the following season
I think I read two, but I’m not sure if he has a red year shirt available or not.
Yes. He has 3 to play 2. He could redshirt next year and start for 2 years after that. Ideal situation.
Ideal for us, but is he willing to do so, or would he rather step in to a starting spot somewhere else.
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8651
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

https://mikefarrellsports.com/recruitin ... moore-saga

“Moore visited UCLA and loved it and they had quite the NIL offer to show him, one much bigger and better than Oregon I’m told. Moore got to know his new OC a bit and Nix just announced he’s coming back and all these things now lead to a flip to the Bruins. I was told as of Thursday evening it was 50/50 whether Moore would flip to UCLA with the Bruins the winner if forced to make a pick that day. Now, with Nix coming back I’ve been told it’s 80/20 for UCLA. Moore wants to play immediately and UCLA is treating him as a first round pick so to speak — figuratively and monetarily — and we all know first round QBs play early barring a surprise here and there.”
Image
lmduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:22 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:https://mikefarrellsports.com/recruitin ... moore-saga

“Moore visited UCLA and loved it and they had quite the NIL offer to show him, one much bigger and better than Oregon I’m told. Moore got to know his new OC a bit and Nix just announced he’s coming back and all these things now lead to a flip to the Bruins. I was told as of Thursday evening it was 50/50 whether Moore would flip to UCLA with the Bruins the winner if forced to make a pick that day. Now, with Nix coming back I’ve been told it’s 80/20 for UCLA. Moore wants to play immediately and UCLA is treating him as a first round pick so to speak — figuratively and monetarily — and we all know first round QBs play early barring a surprise here and there.”
Interesting that Farrell makes absolutely no mention of that pesky little detail of the kid from Kent state who committed to UCLA. Guessing he did not committ cuz he was told Dante's our starter and you'll be great on the sidelines on the headset helping Dante learn the system.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by greenyellow »

Interesting Tweet from the mother of 2023 commit Tyler Turner.
Image
pdxduck2013
Freshman
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by pdxduck2013 »

lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:https://mikefarrellsports.com/recruitin ... moore-saga

“Moore visited UCLA and loved it and they had quite the NIL offer to show him, one much bigger and better than Oregon I’m told. Moore got to know his new OC a bit and Nix just announced he’s coming back and all these things now lead to a flip to the Bruins. I was told as of Thursday evening it was 50/50 whether Moore would flip to UCLA with the Bruins the winner if forced to make a pick that day. Now, with Nix coming back I’ve been told it’s 80/20 for UCLA. Moore wants to play immediately and UCLA is treating him as a first round pick so to speak — figuratively and monetarily — and we all know first round QBs play early barring a surprise here and there.”
Interesting that Farrell makes absolutely no mention of that pesky little detail of the kid from Kent state who committed to UCLA. Guessing he did not committ cuz he was told Dante's our starter and you'll be great on the sidelines on the headset helping Dante learn the system.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't they also just host DJ U for a visit too? Sure seems like they're recruiting all of these transfer QB's just to be Moore's backups next season...
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by squintsdd »

Like I said before, I'm not buying any of it. Moore might be entertaining the idea, but there hasn't been any word from anyone that actually knows him saying he'll flip. Every story you see is "rumor is this... rumor is that..." but there's been no tangible word to actually go off of. I very well could be wrong, but I think he's just creating some buildup for signing day.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:22 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by lmduck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:
lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:https://mikefarrellsports.com/recruitin ... moore-saga

“Moore visited UCLA and loved it and they had quite the NIL offer to show him, one much bigger and better than Oregon I’m told. Moore got to know his new OC a bit and Nix just announced he’s coming back and all these things now lead to a flip to the Bruins. I was told as of Thursday evening it was 50/50 whether Moore would flip to UCLA with the Bruins the winner if forced to make a pick that day. Now, with Nix coming back I’ve been told it’s 80/20 for UCLA. Moore wants to play immediately and UCLA is treating him as a first round pick so to speak — figuratively and monetarily — and we all know first round QBs play early barring a surprise here and there.”
Interesting that Farrell makes absolutely no mention of that pesky little detail of the kid from Kent state who committed to UCLA. Guessing he did not committ cuz he was told Dante's our starter and you'll be great on the sidelines on the headset helping Dante learn the system.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't they also just host DJ U for a visit too? Sure seems like they're recruiting all of these transfer QB's just to be Moore's backups next season...
They did host him and based on some of the chatter on the UCLA boards the coaching staff (UCLA) decided they were not going to pursue him
any further. Again this is what is being said on the message boards so take it FWIW.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by Duck07 »

I still think there a lot of reasons for Dante to pick Oregon unless he's getting some absurd NIL deal, at which point, get paid kid.

As we saw with Bo this year and have all seen in the past, having a quality QB2 who can step in and keep the offense running is a big need for a team with CFP goals. As a true FR QB, it's also not a bad spot to find yourself in where you're backing up a Top 10 QB for a Top 10 team with the group of Pass-catchers and OL we've got.

Who is going to be your Safety outlet to throw to and who is the bell-cow RB your FR season at UCLA? I know I've got my green lenses on but it seems pretty obvious which Offense has more talent on the Depth Chart to surround yourself with.
Image
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Post by Tray Dub »

It's over, he officially flipped. My head says best wishes, my heart says let's light him up when he comes to Autzen. and I'll take the trade for another season of Nix ten times outta ten.
Post Reply