Page 24 of 25
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:23 pm
by SuperDuck
Life goes on. We just have to stay the course and find another good QB to bring in.
The sky is definitely NOT falling.
Mods, please remove the "Quack" from the headline of this post since it's no longer relevant.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:45 pm
by karlhungis
I say we let UCLA develop him for a year and just bring him in next year.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:47 pm
by QuackininBama
Actually not that bothered at all. If the kid doesn't have the patience to sit and learn the job and to learn to complete at the next level, then he wouldn't be a good fit here anyway. Good luck to him. Next man up.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:28 pm
by Autzenoise
We have Nix next year. I want us to develop a quarterback but I also don't want to be that school that shows disrespect when a kid changes his mind. Good luck to Moore and I hope he does well for himself. I think he would have done better for himself here, but I may have a different perspective

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:31 pm
by OregonFan4Life
QuackininBama wrote:Actually not that bothered at all. If the kid doesn't have the patience to sit and learn the job and to learn to complete at the next level, then he wouldn't be a good fit here anyway. Good luck to him. Next man up.
I kinda feel the same way, I don’t hate the kid or wish him ill will, just personally see this is a somewhat foolish decision that won’t benefit him long term. I said this before but with NIL deals we’re gonna see recruits fail to consider the long term and make short term minded choices like this that I don’t think will benefit them. He very well may prove me wrong and maybe he just doesn’t like Will Stein, just given everything about UCLA and their University’s lack of investment in the football program as well as the lackluster supporting cast he’ll have, I don’t see how this will help him make it to the NFL.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:50 pm
by squintsdd
OregonFan4Life wrote:QuackininBama wrote:Actually not that bothered at all. If the kid doesn't have the patience to sit and learn the job and to learn to complete at the next level, then he wouldn't be a good fit here anyway. Good luck to him. Next man up.
I kinda feel the same way, I don’t hate the kid or wish him ill will, just personally see this is a somewhat foolish decision that won’t benefit him long term. I said this before but with NIL deals we’re gonna see recruits fail to consider the long term and make short term minded choices like this that I don’t think will benefit them. He very well may prove me wrong and maybe he just doesn’t like Will Stein, just given everything about UCLA and their University’s lack of investment in the football program as well as the lackluster supporting cast he’ll have, I don’t see how this will help him make it to the NFL.
Nfl talent comes from any school. UCLA being in the B1G will give him the competition he needs to be more ready, but if he truly is an nfl talent, then he could go anywhere and still make it without any problem
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:54 pm
by greenyellow
Moore is saying that NIL played no real part in him flipping and that it was the relationship he built with UCLA's staff (plus the loss of his 3-year relationship with Dillingham) and their imminent move to the Big 10 that swayed him.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... regon-ucla
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:17 pm
by buckmarkduck
greenyellow wrote:Moore is saying that NIL played no real part in him flipping and that it was the relationship he built with UCLA's staff (plus the loss of his 3-year relationship with Dillingham) and their imminent move to the Big 10 that swayed him.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... regon-ucla
I don’t believe that to be true at all. Even the UCLA mod said their NIL package was far superior to what UO was offering. He got paid, no shame in admitting it. There is still about a 90% chance this is the most money he makes in his life, might as well take it. Lots of 5* never make it to the NFL, much less get a second contract.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm
by UofO8
greenyellow wrote:Moore is saying that NIL played no real part in him flipping and that it was the relationship he built with UCLA's staff (plus the loss of his 3-year relationship with Dillingham) and their imminent move to the Big 10 that swayed him.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... regon-ucla
The relationship he built over a couple weeks when he took a visit? lol, sure.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:33 pm
by greenyellow
UofO8 wrote:greenyellow wrote:Moore is saying that NIL played no real part in him flipping and that it was the relationship he built with UCLA's staff (plus the loss of his 3-year relationship with Dillingham) and their imminent move to the Big 10 that swayed him.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... regon-ucla
The relationship he built over a couple weeks when he took a visit? lol, sure.
They had recruited him before he committed to Oregon so the relationships at UCLA were still there.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:11 pm
by dd10snoop28
oh no... chip about to dominate.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:01 am
by buckmarkduck
dd10snoop28 wrote:oh no... chip about to dominate.
I don’t see it. Chip will be lucky to win 8 games this year. And if he doesn’t I think he is done at UCLA.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:33 am
by lmduck
buckmarkduck wrote:dd10snoop28 wrote:oh no... chip about to dominate.
I don’t see it. Chip will be lucky to win 8 games this year. And if he doesn’t I think he is done at UCLA.
Totally agree and I would not be surprised to see Chip bolt for an NFL OC job.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:52 am
by alxtw
Move to the B1G...then why not just go to Ohio State or Michigan in the beginning??
NIL and being able to start day1 also definitely played a big part in his decision.
Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: NOOOOOO!!
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:59 am
by StevensTechU
All smoke is that the Ducks are going after Baylor commit Austin Novosad. He runs a potent offense and looks like a good game manager, decent mobility. His arm strength is definitely a tier below most Oregon recruits. Looks like he could be a good guy to have if needed, but not a game changer in my eyes.