Page 4 of 5
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:25 pm
by GrantDuck
There's always one BIG wild drama in recruiting and this year we got it. Unfortunately doesn't look like it will end up in our favor and best of luck to Peyton Bowen.
That said, screw parents who manipulate their children through emotion and guilt.

Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 pm
by Zyme
Apparently now rumors hes headed to Norman, but Peyton Brown's own twitter account still says Oregon, strange.
https://twitter.com/PeytonBowen10
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:00 pm
by pezsez1
Also got to say that I'll never be a fan of parents interfering and forcing their grown children to stay closer to home. I'm well aware that this happens, and this definitely isn't the first time we've seen it affect Oregon recruiting, but it's weird and annoying every time. I couldn't imagine being treated like that as I moved into adulthood, nor could I imagine clipping my son's wings someday, either.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:41 pm
by Alan
pezsez1 wrote:Also got to say that I'll never be a fan of parents interfering and forcing their grown children to stay closer to home. I'm well aware that this happens, and this definitely isn't the first time we've seen it affect Oregon recruiting, but it's weird and annoying every time. I couldn't imagine being treated like that as I moved into adulthood, nor could I imagine clipping my son's wings someday, either.
Helicopter moms and dad’s……
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:43 pm
by chapelhillduck
He officially flipped
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:44 pm
by greenyellow
Family wins once again.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:52 pm
by Zyme
At least its not ND
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:57 pm
by OregonFan4Life
I have a feeling his mom is very similar to Luka Doncic’s mom. It’s pretty obvious his twitter message is BS and probably written by his mom, he doesn’t need to apologize for the hat fake, every recruit does it, and if his heart truly was in Oklahoma the entire time then that hat would’ve been on the table. In the end though with a mom like that a player brings more drama than talent.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:59 pm
by squintsdd
greenyellow wrote:Family wins once again.
My interpretation of all this is that he wanted Oregon, but mom didn't like him being so far away. He didn't want Notre Dame, so they compromised on Oklahoma. I never understood parent interference. I will never stand in the way of my kids choosing the school that they feel is best for them, even if it is OSU or UW.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:01 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
“Just want peace for my family.” Yikes. I’ll actually be rooting for Bowen, seems like a good kid with a hyper controlling mom.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:03 pm
by DmoneyDuck
Hopefully we'll see him in the Portal next offseason. I couldn't imagine a parent not trusting their child's decisions at this age in life. It's time to mature and make your own successes and mistakes.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:08 pm
by UOducksTK1
Hey it happens, and honestly I respect him for wanting to keep peace in the family.
See ya in two years in the portal!
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:10 pm
by Zyme
UOducksTK1 wrote:Hey it happens, and honestly I respect him for wanting to keep peace in the family.
See ya in two years in the portal!
Two? I give it one.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:17 pm
by greenyellow
The statement he put out reads like something his parents made him write. Hoping Oregon can get him in the portal sometime in the future.
Re: QUACK! 5* S Peyton Bowen commits Edit: Flips to OU
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:23 pm
by JIDuck97
greenyellow wrote:The statement he put out reads like something his parents made him write. Hoping Oregon can get him in the portal sometime in the future.
Exactly. This wasn't the kids choice but a family "conversation. "