If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8673
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Not only are those guys clearly not good enough but the program desperately needs an infusion of outside perspectives to help them realize they haven’t actually solved football. No group thrives when they become insular and end up sniffing their own farts all day.

- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15219
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
The more I dwell on the game today, the more I’m just fascinated. Today was an epic and systematic failure that I was afraid would eventually blow up, but nowhere near to this magnitude. It should honestly be a case study.
I want Nick Saban or some other great coaching mind to do a football version of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey, and it start with Oregon, where he just comes in and studies the system in place and blows it up and provides a much better one.
I just cannot fathom how a full time coaching staff produced the offense that we saw today. Credit to UCLA, but they did nothing sophisticated nor do they even have that good of players, the Purdue offense was successful against them, but today, was just, mind boggling. Today was a coaching failure for the ages on offense, not just for Oregon football, but for college football.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want Nick Saban or some other great coaching mind to do a football version of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey, and it start with Oregon, where he just comes in and studies the system in place and blows it up and provides a much better one.
I just cannot fathom how a full time coaching staff produced the offense that we saw today. Credit to UCLA, but they did nothing sophisticated nor do they even have that good of players, the Purdue offense was successful against them, but today, was just, mind boggling. Today was a coaching failure for the ages on offense, not just for Oregon football, but for college football.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
