Page 7 of 25

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:59 pm
by OregonFan4Life
I think Moore will be really good but honestly is winning the Elite 11 that big of a deal? I feel like the Elite 11 doesn’t have the best track record with QB’s in college and pros.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:44 pm
by Duck07
OregonFan4Life wrote:I think Moore will be really good but honestly is winning the Elite 11 that big of a deal? I feel like the Elite 11 doesn’t have the best track record with QB’s in college and pros.
MVPs by year

2021 - Cade Clubnik (unknown)
2020 - Caleb Williams
2019 -CJ Stroud
2018 - Spencer Rattler
2017 - Justin Fields
2016 - Tua Tagavailoa
2015 - Shea Patterson (miss)
2014 - Blake Barnett (miss)
2013 - Sean White (miss)
2012 - Asiantii Woulard (miss)
2011 - Jameis Winston

Oregon Elite 11 QBs: Kellen Clemens, Dennis Dixon, Travis Jonsen, Tyler Shough, Bo Nix, Ty Thompson, Dante Moore (MVP)

In a given class, half of the Elite QBs or so are guys who at least make it to the NFL and the recent list of MVPs should make anyone giddy about Moore's chances.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:14 am
by OregonFan4Life
Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I think Moore will be really good but honestly is winning the Elite 11 that big of a deal? I feel like the Elite 11 doesn’t have the best track record with QB’s in college and pros.
MVPs by year

2021 - Cade Clubnik (unknown)
2020 - Caleb Williams
2019 -CJ Stroud
2018 - Spencer Rattler
2017 - Justin Fields
2016 - Tua Tagavailoa
2015 - Shea Patterson (miss)
2014 - Blake Barnett (miss)
2013 - Sean White (miss)
2012 - Asiantii Woulard (miss)
2011 - Jameis Winston

Oregon Elite 11 QBs: Kellen Clemens, Dennis Dixon, Travis Jonsen, Tyler Shough, Bo Nix, Ty Thompson, Dante Moore (MVP)

In a given class, half of the Elite QBs or so are guys who at least make it to the NFL and the recent list of MVPs should make anyone giddy about Moore's chances.
Thanks for the info, I haven’t kept up with it in quite a while, looks like I was speaking as if it was still 2015.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:35 pm
by StevensTechU
Duck07 wrote:
Oregon Elite 11 QBs: Kellen Clemens, Dennis Dixon, Travis Jonsen, Tyler Shough, Bo Nix, Ty Thompson, Dante Moore (MVP)
+ Morgan Mahalak

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:55 pm
by Duck07
StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Oregon Elite 11 QBs: Kellen Clemens, Dennis Dixon, Travis Jonsen, Tyler Shough, Bo Nix, Ty Thompson, Dante Moore (MVP)
+ Morgan Mahalak
Now that you bring it up I remember that. I was going off Wikipedia which didn't have him in the 2013 group but its an interesting look back in time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_11

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:46 am
by greenyellow
Moore is now the #2 overall player on 247Sports' updated player rankings.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:05 pm
by UOducksTK1
#2 recruit, wow.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:35 pm
by SuperDuck
Sorry to see USC with 2 guys on that list.

Oh, well. If you can't beat 'em, BEAT 'EM!!! :-)

Go DUCKS!!!

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:52 pm
by Duck07
SuperDuck wrote:Sorry to see USC with 2 guys on that list.

Oh, well. If you can't beat 'em, BEAT 'EM!!! :-)

Go DUCKS!!!
Don't worry, we'll have 2 from that list as well!

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:24 pm
by OregonFan4Life
SuperDuck wrote:Sorry to see USC with 2 guys on that list.

Oh, well. If you can't beat 'em, BEAT 'EM!!! :-)

Go DUCKS!!!
We got Matayo no worries.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:02 pm
by droop10
You guys are a lot more confident in Matayo than I am. I think he's an SC lean at the moment. I could be wrong, and the Ducks are certainly in the top 2, but just my gut feeling off updates that I've read.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:51 pm
by OregonFan4Life
droop10 wrote:You guys are a lot more confident in Matayo than I am. I think he's an SC lean at the moment. I could be wrong, and the Ducks are certainly in the top 2, but just my gut feeling off updates that I've read.
Media loves USC, they’re supposed to win the PAC-12 every year. I’ve been confident since his Fr year he was gonna be a star at Oregon, I’ve been far more confident in him than I ever was in DJ. I’m sure he’s considering USC and they have a chance but he’s been an Oregon fan, his dad loves Oregon, and Oregon has a far superior defensive coaching staff compared to USC. He’s a smart kid in a smart family, I’m confident he’ll be a duck.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:27 pm
by droop10
OregonFan4Life wrote:
droop10 wrote:You guys are a lot more confident in Matayo than I am. I think he's an SC lean at the moment. I could be wrong, and the Ducks are certainly in the top 2, but just my gut feeling off updates that I've read.
Media loves USC, they’re supposed to win the PAC-12 every year. I’ve been confident since his Fr year he was gonna be a star at Oregon, I’ve been far more confident in him than I ever was in DJ. I’m sure he’s considering USC and they have a chance but he’s been an Oregon fan, his dad loves Oregon, and Oregon has a far superior defensive coaching staff compared to USC. He’s a smart kid in a smart family, I’m confident he’ll be a duck.
We’ll see. I hope I’m wrong, but his interest in having a music career lead me to believe he’ll lean more to the LA lifestyle.

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:22 am
by bellsduck
OregonFan4Life wrote:I think Moore will be really good but honestly is winning the Elite 11 that big of a deal? I feel like the Elite 11 doesn’t have the best track record with QB’s in college and pros.
I don't think Moore won the Elite 11.
He was the SI MVP of the Elite 11. The coaches pick and official MVP was Jackson Arnold

Re: 5 star QB Dante Moore trending to UO? Edit: QUAAAAACK!

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:26 am
by alxtw
OregonFan4Life wrote:
droop10 wrote:You guys are a lot more confident in Matayo than I am. I think he's an SC lean at the moment. I could be wrong, and the Ducks are certainly in the top 2, but just my gut feeling off updates that I've read.
Media loves USC, they’re supposed to win the PAC-12 every year. I’ve been confident since his Fr year he was gonna be a star at Oregon, I’ve been far more confident in him than I ever was in DJ. I’m sure he’s considering USC and they have a chance but he’s been an Oregon fan, his dad loves Oregon, and Oregon has a far superior defensive coaching staff compared to USC. He’s a smart kid in a smart family, I’m confident he’ll be a duck.
And a perennial pre-season top 10 team, even during the Clay era

I'm already starting to miss Clay at USC...hahaha