Page 1 of 2

How did you like your draft?

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:24 pm
by UOducksTK1
I'd give myself a B-. I missed out on the top two prospects, but still ended up with Hammonds and Davis. Also Babic was a decent looking 2nd round choice.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:49 pm
by Phenom
I like mine, but I drafted them so I would like them. lol

- Ceballos doesn't really cover a need, but he was the BPA and he's versatile.
- Kimble fits a need and has solid stats and good potential. I hope he can live up to that potential
- Kessler was BPA and gives me depth at the PF position. Not sure if he's right for the offense I am running, but I might adjust that...I think he was a steal.
- Wright has very good stats for a mid second round pick and good potential. The F+ handles scare me a bit.
- Foster was good value and provides some depth.
- Rusconi has decent stats and A potential so I figured he was worth a late round flyer. Might cut him, but I see some comparisons to another rookie from last year who's a solid role player so we'll see.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:36 pm
by Zyme
B- overall
16: A+ Hill was a perfect fit, I was ecstatic he was still there. fills a huge hole for me in rebounding, didn't need another scorer. should play a big part in this team's future. Hoping he goes 12/10 for a decade
26: C- Scheffler, I like him and in a bubble he would be a B to B- given a developmental post late in the 1st. However, he's a developmental pick and I gave up a solid prospect with an A- defense and two future picks to get him. I wasn't that high on Caldwell's %, hence moving them but the future 1st that was tied to a option to trade (76ers) and my 2nd is a stiff price to pay. If he pans out then this could be the turning point, otherwise, I'll be back to square one and needing to find a C to hold the post.

If I only had gotten Hill, need wise this would have been an A+ draft, one pick, one huge need filled. With Scheff, and what he cost, this becomes much more murky. Still like the value I got overall even not being in the lottery, hence a solid if unspectacular B-

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:58 pm
by DrBradBuss
Can I give myself an "A"?
Had to give up Hammonds, but got a future All-Star hopefully in Coleman. That in and of itself was solid, but able to add a top SF (Liberty) at a position of need and 2 C's. While neither probably will be a star, they will hopefully give me future years of depth and solid contributions at that position.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 am
by FlDuckFan
B-
Traded away my first round, was relatively high anyway.
Picked up 3 second rounders.

Tony Smith SG , His attributes look to be solid for a second round guy maybe give him some minutes in the preseason see what happens.

Jerrod Mustaf PF , could become something maybe the A potential means around a B- in actuality .

Ed Sanford SF, Last pick of the draft Mr. Irrelevant if you must. Also the Oldest man in the draft at the tender age of 35 now the oldest man on my team Who said dreams don't come true. I only picked him because it'd be funny.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:17 am
by pudgejeff
I'm really not sure about my draft. Hoping DS3 is this years Glenn Rice, if so then I'd give myself an A no matter how Kenny Williams turns out. I just worry they could both be busts so I'd probably say somewhere around a b or b-

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:20 am
by UOducksTK1
Phenom wrote:I like mine, but I drafted them so I would like them. lol

- Ceballos doesn't really cover a need, but he was the BPA and he's versatile.
- Kimble fits a need and has solid stats and good potential. I hope he can live up to that potential
- Kessler was BPA and gives me depth at the PF position. Not sure if he's right for the offense I am running, but I might adjust that...I think he was a steal.
- Wright has very good stats for a mid second round pick and good potential. The F+ handles scare me a bit.
- Foster was good value and provides some depth.
- Rusconi has decent stats and A potential so I figured he was worth a late round flyer. Might cut him, but I see some comparisons to another rookie from last year who's a solid role player so we'll see.
I actually really liked your draft. Very wise going with BPA where your pick was, and with talent slowly dropping off at the Ceballos pick.

The rest was strong.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:55 am
by dthomas=ddixon
I was worried that I wouldn't get anything of value at the 14th pick so I was pretty happy to get Bimbo Coles. I have a solid starting 5 and wasn't expecting to get an immediate starter, especially in this draft. Coles is really solid and gives me an inside scorer at PG as well as another good ball handler. Hopefully he can take over for Stockton in a few years.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:31 am
by eddy_zamora
GP and Tate George make for a good 1-2 combo. I think I got pretty solid value out of #2 and #8

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 am
by pudgejeff
eddy_zamora wrote:GP and Tate George make for a good 1-2 combo. I think I got pretty solid value out of #2 and #8
Gotta love winning the lottery.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:37 am
by eddy_zamora
pudgejeff wrote:
eddy_zamora wrote:GP and Tate George make for a good 1-2 combo. I think I got pretty solid value out of #2 and #8
Gotta love winning the lottery.
Gotta love Gary Payton falling, and the Kings pick turning into gold.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 am
by Zyme
eddy_zamora wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
eddy_zamora wrote:GP and Tate George make for a good 1-2 combo. I think I got pretty solid value out of #2 and #8
Gotta love winning the lottery.
Gotta love Gary Payton falling, and the Kings pick turning into gold.
Getting either Divac or Payton was a steal for such a huge jump. Payton was just Icing.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:14 pm
by Zyme
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:I like mine, but I drafted them so I would like them. lol

- Ceballos doesn't really cover a need, but he was the BPA and he's versatile.
- Kimble fits a need and has solid stats and good potential. I hope he can live up to that potential
- Kessler was BPA and gives me depth at the PF position. Not sure if he's right for the offense I am running, but I might adjust that...I think he was a steal.
- Wright has very good stats for a mid second round pick and good potential. The F+ handles scare me a bit.
- Foster was good value and provides some depth.
- Rusconi has decent stats and A potential so I figured he was worth a late round flyer. Might cut him, but I see some comparisons to another rookie from last year who's a solid role player so we'll see.
I actually really liked your draft. Very wise going with BPA where your pick was, and with talent slowly dropping off at the Ceballos pick.

The rest was strong.
Loved the Ceballos and Kessler picks. I'm a huge BPA guy and I was pissed I couldn't trade up to get Cedric when he started to fall.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm
by Zyme
UOducksTK1 wrote:I'd give myself a B-. I missed out on the top two prospects, but still ended up with Hammonds and Davis. Also Babic was a decent looking 2nd round choice.
Crazy depth in the early 2nd.

Re: How did you like your draft?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm
by pudgejeff
Zyme wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:I like mine, but I drafted them so I would like them. lol

- Ceballos doesn't really cover a need, but he was the BPA and he's versatile.
- Kimble fits a need and has solid stats and good potential. I hope he can live up to that potential
- Kessler was BPA and gives me depth at the PF position. Not sure if he's right for the offense I am running, but I might adjust that...I think he was a steal.
- Wright has very good stats for a mid second round pick and good potential. The F+ handles scare me a bit.
- Foster was good value and provides some depth.
- Rusconi has decent stats and A potential so I figured he was worth a late round flyer. Might cut him, but I see some comparisons to another rookie from last year who's a solid role player so we'll see.
I actually really liked your draft. Very wise going with BPA where your pick was, and with talent slowly dropping off at the Ceballos pick.

The rest was strong.
Loved the Ceballos and Kessler picks. I'm a huge BPA guy and I was pissed I couldn't trade up to get Cedric when he started to fall.
Apparently I missed on the Ceballos pick, I haven't really figured out a way to tell BPA in the drafts other than the first 2 or 3 guys.