Page 1 of 1

okay back to football now

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 am
by echo31
Summer practices have started, and Rob Moseley had this to say http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/inde ... -football/
In a new twist this summer, they went 11-on-11 in some situations Monday, rather than the traditional 7-on-7 without linemen.

The linemen don’t make much contact, but it’s better than sitting out entirely.

“The O line and the D line kind of get their pass drops and pass rush,” quarterback Nate Costa said. “It’s good for the quarterbacks — you get a little movement in the pocket — and (the linemen) get to work the first two steps (after the snap). That’s something we’ve been doing so far that hopefully we continue to do.”
This is definitely a good thing since we need our O-Line and D-Line to get as much practice time as possible.

Re: okay back to football now

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 am
by chapelhillduck
most important line of the article "Chip Kelly said he doesn’t expect any academic casualties from the incoming recruiting class, of which all but six have already enrolled."

Re: okay back to football now

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 pm
by UOducksTK1
chapelhillduck wrote:most important line of the article "Chip Kelly said he doesn’t expect any academic casualties from the incoming recruiting class, of which all but six have already enrolled."
Good eyes, chapelhill, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wake me up when September starts.