Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- AJ_U
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 pm
Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Under 4 days until we storm the field at Bronco Stadium, lets get some predictions going!
56-31 Oregon!
GO DUCKS!!!
56-31 Oregon!
GO DUCKS!!!
- DuxMan
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 pm
-
ducksrock
- Senior
- Posts: 2729
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I say the Ducks win...and win big...
-
wiseforexinvestor
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Shetland Pony Beat Down coming to a town near you.
Oregon 38 Boise St. 13
Oregon 38 Boise St. 13
-
monster
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 934
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Is Herbstreit calling this game? I'm going to enjoy his explanations afterward.
Ducks 41, Broncos 31
Ducks 41, Broncos 31
-
ducklydoright
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:19 pm
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I predict a 10-13 point win by us. I think we will start out a bit sloppy due to over excitement and will turn the ball over on either our 1st or 2nd possession. After that we will calm down, start executing the game plan and let our superior athletic ability take over. I think Boise St. fans, a lot of them anyways, will be shocked at how much better we are this year at moving the ball and how much of a difference it makes to actually have a QB in there that can throw the ball more than 5yds.
The key to the game Defensively will be:
1. Stop there run game
2. Stay disciplined on defense and don't get burned by the play-action pass.
3. DL must get pressure on Kellen Moore so that we can allow our LB's to roam the field
Offensively:
1. Establish a run game
2. Get into an offensive rhythm so that Masoli can get settled in and lead the team like we know he can.
The key to the game Defensively will be:
1. Stop there run game
2. Stay disciplined on defense and don't get burned by the play-action pass.
3. DL must get pressure on Kellen Moore so that we can allow our LB's to roam the field
Offensively:
1. Establish a run game
2. Get into an offensive rhythm so that Masoli can get settled in and lead the team like we know he can.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I have to think that BSU will be selling out to stop the run. I think our passing game is going to be critical to our success this year.ducklydoright wrote:I predict a 10-13 point win by us. I think we will start out a bit sloppy due to over excitement and will turn the ball over on either our 1st or 2nd possession. After that we will calm down, start executing the game plan and let our superior athletic ability take over. I think Boise St. fans, a lot of them anyways, will be shocked at how much better we are this year at moving the ball and how much of a difference it makes to actually have a QB in there that can throw the ball more than 5yds.
The key to the game Defensively will be:
1. Stop there run game
2. Stay disciplined on defense and don't get burned by the play-action pass.
3. DL must get pressure on Kellen Moore so that we can allow our LB's to roam the field
Offensively:
1. Establish a run game
2. Get into an offensive rhythm so that Masoli can get settled in and lead the team like we know he can.
Reading what I could find about BSU sounds like they aren't doing anything amazing in their scrimmages so far. It sounds like their line is suspect and they aren't having much success running the ball. I still question our ability to get any pressure on Moore this year though. I just really hope that an entire summer is enough time for our DC to gameplan a way to figure out how to stop that gimmick they call "play action".
I still trust our ability to outscore them but it will be extremely frustrating if they can still burn us with the PA to the tight end all game again.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- KeenanHowry15
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I Iike the Ducks 48-24
The only thing im worried about is turnovers, as long as we keep control of the ball and run our offense, i don't think they can beat us.
The only thing im worried about is turnovers, as long as we keep control of the ball and run our offense, i don't think they can beat us.

-
duck55
- Senior
- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Keizer OR
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
We win 49-24. They score early but we shut them down
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
So, I was trying to see how Boise usually starts their season. I wanted to see if they start hot or struggle. So, I went back to 2002 and found that they usually put up some pretty good numbers in their opener. The problem is that they only scheduled one real opponent in that time span, which they lost. We certainly will be a step up in competition than they have been accustom to in their openers in recent years. Let's see who is more prepared.
2002 Idaho
2003 Idaho St
2004 Idaho
2005 Georgia (13-48 L)
2006 Sac St
2007 Webber St
2008 Idaho St
2002 Idaho
2003 Idaho St
2004 Idaho
2005 Georgia (13-48 L)
2006 Sac St
2007 Webber St
2008 Idaho St
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
I think the game will have plenty of offense in it as the defenses still look suspect and we still have Allow A Lot E as our DC. I have said for a long time though am predicting a Duck win of 48-31. I think we have more balance than they do and given the motivation we have to beat them in their stadium I just do not see them being able to keep up with our offense. I am afraid to put Costa in there as am sure they will go after that leg. I hope I am wrong but given how they played last year against us it worries me. We can not turn the ball over and Masoli will need to contain his emotions and settle down quickly and do business as usual. If he gets settled down quickly and adjust to his enthusiasm it will be a long day for the broncoes. I can hardly wait although I will be working and hopefully can see bits and pieces of game. Gooooooo Ducks.
- cmmadness
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 476
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:32 pm
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Oregon 38
BSU 24
I wouldn't be surprised if the game plays out similar to the Holiday Bowl, about mid 3rd quarter, I think their "D" will break down. I suspect Blount will pick up huge yards in the 4th quarter
BSU 24
I wouldn't be surprised if the game plays out similar to the Holiday Bowl, about mid 3rd quarter, I think their "D" will break down. I suspect Blount will pick up huge yards in the 4th quarter
- NCDucks09
- Senior
- Posts: 2265
- Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Ducks 48, Broncos 24
Ducks improve on D, don't let BSU score more than 3 TD's. Oregon's O racks up the points and yards with a balanced attack, mainly running, but making up yardage in the passing game with huge throws for big plays and scores...
Ducks improve on D, don't let BSU score more than 3 TD's. Oregon's O racks up the points and yards with a balanced attack, mainly running, but making up yardage in the passing game with huge throws for big plays and scores...
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions
Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions
Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
Oregon 27-23. I don't think our offense is quite ready to put up 40+ on a team like BSU, but I think our defense will step up for us.
-
autzenzoo
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 396
- Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:03 am
- Location: Fort Gordon, GA
Re: Oregon vs Boise State official game thread!
34-17 Ducks slam the door in the 3rd quarter.
