Page 1 of 1

Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 am
by duckfan96
tick tock....man time is dragging....its almost gametime. GO DUCKS

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:39 am
by akili1133
I know what you mean. I am off work from tuesday- thursday and I have nothing to do besides watch sports center and my DVR of the season preview from Comcast. It's killing me.

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:43 am
by gofightingducks
I am pumped, I won't be able to get any work done today or get any sleep tonight because I am so excited to be leaving in the morning to go to the game! :D

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 am
by freedjr
I had football dreams last night...I'm shaking here at work...and checking C4Q every hour...I think it's safe to say I'm excited!

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:28 am
by NCDucks09
I've read 10,000 Oregon and Oregon/BSU articles for the last 6 months awaiting the start of the 2009 season. I've had countless number of conversations with Duck fans and sports enthusiasts. I've heard all the national media and odds-makers choices and lines for the game. This game is over-hyped and I'm burnt out on the propaganda, it's all just on auto-recycle now. Please, just let it be game time!!!

DUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am
by autzenzoo
Anyone else feel like our passing and rushing numbers will be flip-flopped? Blount will still have an impressive year but our depth and skill at receiver should be a big time deep threat with defenses focusing on the run this year. Just my thoughts...

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:35 am
by uodux1212
CK has said that they recruited JM because of his arm/passing abilities and his legs were a added surprise... I think we'll be much more balanced this season...

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 am
by AJ_U
Leaving in about an hour! Staying at the team hotel tonight, cant freaking wait!

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 am
by Greydrake
autzenzoo wrote:Anyone else feel like our passing and rushing numbers will be flip-flopped? Blount will still have an impressive year but our depth and skill at receiver should be a big time deep threat with defenses focusing on the run this year. Just my thoughts...
Got a feeling teams will focus on controlling the run and wait for Masoli to prove this year he can beat them with the pass.

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 am
by gofightingducks
Greydrake wrote:
autzenzoo wrote:Anyone else feel like our passing and rushing numbers will be flip-flopped? Blount will still have an impressive year but our depth and skill at receiver should be a big time deep threat with defenses focusing on the run this year. Just my thoughts...
Got a feeling teams will focus on controlling the run and wait for Masoli to prove this year he can beat them with the pass.
The last 3 games of the season other teams couldn't stop Masoli from running and they new exactly what was coming the key this season as it was last season is the ability to block downfield with these new WR's and new lineman. I am sure the tandem of Blount and LMJ with a little bit of Crenshaw and Alston with Masoli once in awhile will translate into similar rushing numbers as last year but with the size and talent of the new WR's although young, inexperienced and unproven with Masoli's throwing ability, the Ducks should put up much better numbers in the passing game. The Ducks O is going to put up points whether it is running or passing the big thing the Ducks need is the D to force turnovers and stop the opposing team on 3rd down. The Ducks have the potential to have a very special season! 8-) I can't wait!

Re: Tick tock

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:17 pm
by ducksrock
gofightingducks wrote:
Greydrake wrote:
autzenzoo wrote:Anyone else feel like our passing and rushing numbers will be flip-flopped? Blount will still have an impressive year but our depth and skill at receiver should be a big time deep threat with defenses focusing on the run this year. Just my thoughts...
Got a feeling teams will focus on controlling the run and wait for Masoli to prove this year he can beat them with the pass.
The last 3 games of the season other teams couldn't stop Masoli from running and they new exactly what was coming the key this season as it was last season is the ability to block downfield with these new WR's and new lineman. I am sure the tandem of Blount and LMJ with a little bit of Crenshaw and Alston with Masoli once in awhile will translate into similar rushing numbers as last year but with the size and talent of the new WR's although young, inexperienced and unproven with Masoli's throwing ability, the Ducks should put up much better numbers in the passing game. The Ducks O is going to put up points whether it is running or passing the big thing the Ducks need is the D to force turnovers and stop the opposing team on 3rd down. The Ducks have the potential to have a very special season! 8-) I can't wait!
"A very special season"....."A Very Special Season"....."A VERY SPECIAL SEASON"....No matter how its written, it still looks damn good and very accurate, from my perspective.....GOOOOO DUCKS...