Blount Speaks

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Blount Speaks

Post by Mops »

User avatar
OreDucks01284
Senior
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by OreDucks01284 »

i am deaf, can u summary for me?
Image
Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by Mops »

Says hes truly sorry and apologizing for what he did as he shouldn't have acted the way he did. Stated he will control his temper and never get angry again.

IMO he's pleading to stay on the team.
User avatar
OreDucks01284
Senior
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Mops wrote:Says hes truly sorry and apologizing for what he did as he shouldn't have acted the way he did. Stated he will control his temper and never get angry again.

IMO he's pleading to stay on the team.
who decide to see if Blount can stay or not? Mike or Chip?
Image
Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by Mops »

Ultimately, the President of the school.
User avatar
OreDucks01284
Senior
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by OreDucks01284 »

yikes, not good.
Image
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by woundedknees »

He even shoved and poked at the other players on his own team, as well as the cops escorting him off the field.

One word... Unacceptable.

How incredibly disappointing.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
goducks
Freshman
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:21 pm
Location: Bend, Oregon

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by goducks »

IMO that was too little, too late from Blount. He has to held responsible for his actions and this is not only his reputation, but that of the entire Oregon program on the line here. Should be interesting to see the university's stand on this.
Image

Notice the plane that we flew on?
snapt
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 588
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: Behind the potato curtain

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by snapt »

As big of Blount fan as I was, I think the uni needs to come down hard. It may hurt now but if nothing else it might prove to the parents of recruits that the program is under control.
BOOF it!
monster
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 934
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by monster »

You make a decision based upon his actions - not based on how the university will look one way or another, or what some recruit might think. Fair is fair. (I am aware this means he may get chucked, but I doubt it ...)
akili1133
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by akili1133 »

I really think he deserves the boot. He disgraced the university tonight. You just can't do those kind of things and get away with it. He has played his last down. If he plays again I can't root for him. It was a disgusting act. My 8-year old nephew told me tonight he would never wear his jersey again. I just bought it for him two days ago. Blount was his favorite player. It was a sad day to be a duck, regardless of what the score was.
J-Boy
One Star Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by J-Boy »

I really think we as a society in general, and on this board especially, need to wait until all the facts are in. I initially thought the worst based on ESPN coverage of the game, but have since learned that it was several separate incidents, all involving a young man (LGB) strung together to make it seem worse than it was. As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still hearing arguments for the prosecution, and the defense still needs to speak
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by greenyellow »

J-Boy wrote:I really think we as a society in general, and on this board especially, need to wait until all the facts are in. I initially thought the worst based on ESPN coverage of the game, but have since learned that it was several separate incidents, all involving a young man (LGB) strung together to make it seem worse than it was. As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still hearing arguments for the prosecution, and the defense still needs to speak
I still think there is more to the fight than just Blount walking up to the player and punching him and then going batsh*t crazy after the fans in the stands that required the coaches to restrain him. While it doesn't make him look good, there is more to this incident that what has come out. I still swear I can make out the fan saying something really stupid and racial at Blount. The BSU player should also have known better not to taunt someone and bump him after a game like this. I also think that some other things happened during the game to make Blount explode in the way that he did.
Image
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by Phenom »

Ugh...part of me feels sorry for him. He might've lost EVERYTHING he's worked his entire life for with his actions tonight. He does sound remorseful, but he's made us look horrible. Imagine how big of a hit recruiting will take...
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Blount Speaks

Post by greenyellow »

I also do kind of feel sorry for him now since one incident could ruin his entire life, but he needs to take responsibility for his actions and take whatever punishment is handed down. That would go a long way to redeeming himself in a lot of people's eyes.
Image
Post Reply