Page 1 of 3

Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:43 am
by Tray Dub
Blount's punishment should be...

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:50 am
by NCDucks09
Blount will most likely be suspended 3 games. I actually think the team will be better without him as a starter. LMJ played better than Blount and hits the holes faster. Blount runs sideways and backwards trying to get up to speed, but takes to long to get there, especially when you offensive line sucks.

P.S. In Chip We Bust

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:52 am
by alabamaduck
I say kick him off the team, but punching the BSU player isn't the part I have an issue with...it's shoving Embry, shoving coaches, going after a fan (regardless of what was said to him) and getting into it with stadium security. The guy completely lost it and made himself and the university look horrible in the process.

My opinion might be different if this were the first issue he's had, but I've got to think that between the off-season suspension, getting kicked out of practice, etc. that this was strike three

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 am
by Tray Dub
Feel free to post your reasoning for voting for whatever you voted for.

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:14 am
by sepdxsnwbrdr
2 games. C'mon...who here hasn't wanted to punch a fat ginger kid every once in a while?

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:15 am
by NCDucks09
sepdxsnwbrdr wrote:2 games. C'mon...who here hasn't wanted to punch a fat ginger kid every once in a while?
I was that fat ginger kid... bring it on! ;) Lol...

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:36 am
by gofightingducks
That guy really did have it coming!!! ;) But Blount should have waited and found him afterwards when there were no TV camera's around!! :lol:

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:45 am
by Duckxing
alabamaduck wrote:I say kick him off the team, but punching the BSU player isn't the part I have an issue with...it's shoving Embry, shoving coaches, going after a fan (regardless of what was said to him) and getting into it with stadium security. The guy completely lost it and made himself and the university look horrible in the process.

My opinion might be different if this were the first issue he's had, but I've got to think that between the off-season suspension, getting kicked out of practice, etc. that this was strike three
This. That BSU player is a Douche Bag and deserved what he got. And if was Blounts first strike I could see a 3 or 4 game suspension but with this being his third or fourth strike send him on his way.

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 am
by NCDucks09
I think we all agree that the BSU player incites and provoked the action.

But Blount is an emotional child who just threw a tantrum on National TV.

He's destroyed his college career and just lost a potential chance at millions in the NFL...

Maybe there's a career for him in the UFC... That or collecting garbage on Fridays...

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 am
by Mops
I would say 9 games. Give him 2 games if you keep him,which I dont think is true.

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 am
by SuperDuck
Keep him in school and change his name to "Nueve" or "He Hate Me".

:lol:

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:13 am
by hjpop
I'm one of those lurkers to this site (great job, btw!) but last night just pissed me off. I've been a fan since 1998 and never had seen such a pathetic display. I even suffered through the Hawaii 0-13 season but the players never got as unhinged as Blount did. Some alums and boosters who watched the game with me want to pull their money already. I just think Kelly needs to establish control and if he can't, Bellotti needs to step in and show the country what Oregon stands for. Blount should be done.

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 am
by cordy02c
sounds like the pac-10 will make the descion(sp) on blount's fate

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:02 am
by freedjr
sepdxsnwbrdr wrote:2 games. C'mon...who here hasn't wanted to punch a fat ginger kid every once in a while?
That is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile!

I say 6 games, with a "you say boo to a coach and it's sayonara." That's a pretty serious penalty by NCAA standards, and puts him on notice.

Geez, the funny thing is the penalty would probably be less if he just took money from a booster!

Re: Let's put this to a vote...

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:15 am
by buckmarkduck
If he hadn't gone all Ron Artest after the punch, I would say 2-3 games. But the way he acted after the punch I will be ok with whatever punishment he gets, including if he's kicked off the team. Really the punch didn't bother me a ton, yes it was stupid and should not of happened, but fighting with your own team mates and having to have the cops pull you off the field is just stupid. But I also think the BSU player should be suspended for 2 games for inciting the whole thing. Really both players where way out of line and should both be held responsible.