And Hout gets... Drum roll please
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
And Hout gets... Drum roll please
An ice pack...
http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/bsus- ... _fanhouse2
Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail Friday that head coach Chris Petersen won't suspend Hout. Instead, Petersen will spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.
"Learn from what happened"?
What's that mean, "Don't take your helmet off next time!"?
Blount's reaction was over the top, the punishment severe, but that is a huge difference in style of management.
Petersen must be a, "player's coach', like Mike Riley...
http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/bsus- ... _fanhouse2
Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail Friday that head coach Chris Petersen won't suspend Hout. Instead, Petersen will spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.
"Learn from what happened"?
What's that mean, "Don't take your helmet off next time!"?
Blount's reaction was over the top, the punishment severe, but that is a huge difference in style of management.
Petersen must be a, "player's coach', like Mike Riley...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
this is what upsets me most about the whole thing. He initiated physical contact. Talking smack is one thing but when you add in physical contact as well, especially after a game is over and a player isn't looking at you then i say that should get you 2 games. He instigated the whole thing, Blount was way way way out of line but I would be lying if I did not enjoy seeing Hout's face right after he got punched. 
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
The crappy thing in this situation is if Hout would have just left Blount alone, none of this would have happened. It certainly doesn't excuse Blount's actions but I think his actions merit more than just a slap on the wrist.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
you must be talking about the cross eyed, starring off to space look, trying to smile, yet trying to figure out where you are at the same time look..lukeyrid13 wrote:this is what upsets me most about the whole thing. He initiated physical contact. Talking smack is one thing but when you add in physical contact as well, especially after a game is over and a player isn't looking at you then i say that should get you 2 games. He instigated the whole thing, Blount was way way way out of line but I would be lying if I did not enjoy seeing Hout's face right after he got punched.
Ya I must admit I had a bit of a chuckle as well.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
Haha yeah that look made me feel a little better about all the other crap that was last night
-
duckfan96
- Senior
- Posts: 2704
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
HEHE no kiddin the look on his face...I wanted to hear Smokey from Friday in the background...you got knocked the F out...haha What I dont get is the BSU player..Hout I guess it is getting no time off. You can tell that whatever he said was bad by Petersons reaction. I bet they are gettin some heat from people and would not be surprised to see him not play the next week or two.
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
He is going to get one more thing! I will send him my #9 jersey I bought yesterday. First I am going to see if I can get Blount to sign it!woundedknees wrote:An ice pack...
http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/bsus- ... _fanhouse2
Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail Friday that head coach Chris Petersen won't suspend Hout. Instead, Petersen will spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.
"Learn from what happened"?
What's that mean, "Don't take your helmet off next time!"?
Blount's reaction was over the top, the punishment severe, but that is a huge difference in style of management.
Petersen must be a, "player's coach', like Mike Riley...
- MFRDuckFan
- Senior
- Posts: 4829
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
- Location: Medford
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
As I mentioned in another post, as a PR professional, Boise State just missed a huge opportunity. Peterson could have shown the nation that the Broncos are top notch and all he did was reinforce that they should stay in the basement. Their program will never go to the next level due to that mindset. Believe me, this is not over and Peterson is going to take some heat for his lack of leadership.
- gregspechtismyhero
- Freshman
- Posts: 1470
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
- Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
classless.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
(USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
(USA Today Sports)AIM: hockeygoalie923
-
quackaddict
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:15 am
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
petersen is a snake in the grass.
- EncinitasDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
- Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
Sure there are two ways to handle anything. Hout should have kept his mouth shut. But what would you teach your kids to do in Blount's situation? My kids are taught to swallow their pride, say "Yeah that A** whoopin' didn't work out so well did it?" and keep on walking, knowing that there will be another chance to shine.
-
duck55
- Senior
- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Keizer OR
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
Maybe the NCAA commish could take the 2 of them out for a beer> 
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
Thats what they're taught but would they. I am honestly the most calm person ever, a guy sucker punched me playing bball one time then next time down he shoved me into a wall(all because I stole it 3 times in a row) and all I could muster to say was 'come on'. After a game like that though and a guy shoves me and yells in my ear, IDK. I prolly would have tensed up and walked away but at least contemplated shoving him back or something.EncinitasDuck wrote:Sure there are two ways to handle anything. Hout should have kept his mouth shut. But what would you teach your kids to do in Blount's situation? My kids are taught to swallow their pride, say "Yeah that A** whoopin' didn't work out so well did it?" and keep on walking, knowing that there will be another chance to shine.
What Blount did afterwards I would not have done. Inexcusable, unless the fans were throwing the n* word around and threatening him with a chair as he says I can see doing something about that, I wouldn't charge them but I would tell the cop there or something. If you watch the Boise fans had to be held back by a Duck fan cause they were so out of control. It was all just a mess.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8649
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
I'm sorry but if I'm Blount I throw about 30 punches. A cheap taunt like that woulda set me off so bad. Most people I've heard (ESPN college football writers & experts) are criticizing Peterson for not suspending "knocked the F*ck" Hout.

-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: And Hout gets... Drum roll please
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I'm sorry but if I'm Blount I throw about 30 punches. A cheap taunt like that woulda set me off so bad. Most people I've heard (ESPN college football writers & experts) are criticizing Peterson for not suspending "knocked the F*ck" Hout.
That still doesn't make what Blount did right. Plenty of players taunt. You deal with it and walk away.

