Revision our expectations...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Our regular season record will end up at...

11-1
2
2%
10-2
9
10%
9-3
18
21%
8-4
24
28%
7-5
22
26%
6-6
5
6%
below .500
6
7%
 
Total votes: 86
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Revision our expectations...

Post by Tray Dub »

What do you guys think our regular season record will be, after watching the BSU game and knowing our running back is done for the year?

I say we lose to Cal, USC, Oregon State, and then Stanford, Arizona, ASU, or UCLA. So 7-5. REALLY hoping I'm wrong. I'll support this team with all my heart, but I see us at around 7-5, with 9-3 being the best reasonable outcome and 5-7 being the worst.

Edit: sorry, I'm on a lot of Vicodin after getting my wisdom teeth pulled today :D ... Title should read "Revising our expectations"
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by Greydrake »

From what I saw 7-5 would be a good result foor the team. There is talent, but it might take the season for the O-line to gel into a level of last years potency. In such a case I am hoping for the Beavers to play well enough for a BCS bid on the line so we can crush that dream.

Ducks will be firing on all cylinders by seasons end.
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by Tray Dub »

Bump. I'm curious as to who you guys think we beat, lose to, etc. now that we have a more accurate picture of our team.
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by northbeachsf »

If the O-Line plays like they did last game, Oregon might just finish 8th in the Pac-10 like Phil Steele predicted. Hope they can get it together. I think they will at some point. 7-5 is my guess.
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by huckthefuskies »

Tray Dub wrote:Bump. I'm curious as to who you guys think we beat, lose to, etc. now that we have a more accurate picture of our team.
I don't think the first week of the season is ever enough of a sample or a good enough look at our players to ever make an eval. Players develop and mature too much in the first couple weeks. It is kind of the point of the nonconference/preseason.
I have doubts against Cal, Usc, at least one other if not two pac 10's and nervous about Utah. It is all a guess though. Hate to admit it but even Washington looked pretty good tonight and Lsu's defense has a ton of talent.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by duckgrad99 »

Oregon went 9-3 in the regular season last year, and that could have easily been 6-6 after escaping with some wins. I don't think the team is as good this time around regardless of the Boise St game. We lost so much talent on both sides of the ball. I'm always bad with predictions though and often a jinx, so I will leave it at that.
Image
User avatar
Canard
One Star Recruit
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by Canard »

I voted 7-5. We will finish eighth or worse if we don't find some decent O-line, get the play calling a lot more inspired, and some decent QB execution.

I expect those things all to improve.

We have no accurate picture of the squad until we see the entirety of the next three home games. Young teams do better at home than on the road. So do inexperienced HCs. :mrgreen:
Image
SEC "Football" —Must See TV according to ESPN
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by karlhungis »

We had better show some VAST improvement this week. If we come out looking as inept as we did on Thursday, I don't think we break .500. We could easily lose to everyone else on our schedule except for WSU and possibly UW.

I still haven't heard Chip explain the terrible performance yet. It is hard to believe he was so happy with the teams progress only to see them come out the way that they did. I am curious what his take on it is and how he plans on rectifying it.

But based on Thursdays game, I put us down for being under .500
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I put 7-5 although honestly I just do not know who we will beat other than WSU. Purdue looked pretty good so this one is iffy... heck even UW looked good against LSU and thats downright scary to think we will sink that low. I cant say who we will beat because I just do not know. I will still pick us to beat Purdue since it is here and since is a night game.
duckfbfan15
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by duckfbfan15 »

From what i saw. We are good enough on Defense and special teams to win almost every game.. The Offensive line is either going to man up and we will start rolling again or they are gonna sink this season real fast
Image

GO HARD, GO OREGON, GO DUCKS!
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

9-3. One game doesn't determine a season. Especially opening game on the road at the #14 team in the nation. It's really funny how easily fans are swayed. If we had opened at home against a team like Portland State, we would have won in a huge blowout & the expectations for this team would still be sky high.

I have lowered my expectations a bit for the season but only because we just lost arguably our best player for the year. If the O line improves (which I think they will) we will be fine. Now go home bandwagoners, we didn't want you anyways.
Image
ducksrock
Senior
Posts: 2729
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 am

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by ducksrock »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:9-3. One game doesn't determine a season. Especially opening game on the road at the #14 team in the nation. It's really funny how easily fans are swayed. If we had opened at home against a team like Portland State, we would have won in a huge blowout & the expectations for this team would still be sky high.

I have lowered my expectations a bit for the season but only because we just lost arguably our best player for the year. If the O line improves (which I think they will) we will be fine. Now go home bandwagoners, we didn't want you anyways.
We havent lost our best player...We have gained a NEW BEST PLAYER.....Just need to figure out who that team member is gonna be...Hey, Its a Glass Half Full Mentality...GOOOOO DUCKS....
User avatar
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

9-3. The Rodents got embarrassed by Penn State last year, and look what they did. Not comparing PSU to BSU, but still, don't jump ship. This is the same reaction that arose during the Stanford game when Masoli got booed. (which is BS) I still have high hopes for this team, we can still do something special.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
Legions
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by Legions »

Rose Bowl baby!

I think if our O-line can show some marked improvement against Purdue a 3 loss season is entirely do-able.
SuperDuck
Senior
Posts: 4652
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Revision our expectations...

Post by SuperDuck »

The advantage of playing such a tough OOC schedule is that the young guys will be battle tested by the time we get into conference play.

Even if we lose to Cal we'll still get WSU at home the following week with a great chance of being 1-1 in Pac-10 play when we visit UCLA.

I wouldn't want to play us in the second half of the season. By then these young guys should be on the same page and our skill players will be tearing it up!

I'm thinking 8-4 and either Emerald or Las Vegas Bowl.
John 3:36
Post Reply