Page 1 of 1
Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:00 pm
by Costa4heisman
Now i had started a poll about who should be our quaterback and everyone said that i was a idiot. and that masoli was the clear choice. wow he really showed that during the bsu game. he tore their secondary apart. ahahhah. yeah right. Im tellin you that costa is the clear choice
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:05 pm
by Tray Dub
You're right, Masoli didn't perform up to expectations. But I'm not jumping off his bandwagon yet. He has shown that he CAN be a great quarterback. I think he should at least have part of the Purdue game to show his ability. If he still can't, I think Costa should get his first show as a Duck.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 pm
by monster
The time to replace Masoli would have been the 3rd quarter against BSU (I was hoping that we would see Costa by that point). A few good passes and we would have been in that game!
But we elected to keep Masoli's confidence high and it turns out that we took a loss in order to do it. So I agree with Tray Dub: might as well start Masoli against Purdue and see what happens. If he struggles though, I hope we don't wait too long to try someone else ... like BSU in 2008.
Costa4heisman, remind me: What made you think Costa would be the better choice?
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:20 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Oh don't worry, you're still the loser.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:21 pm
by Tray Dub
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Oh don't worry, you're still the loser.
Come on dude.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:22 pm
by uodux1212
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Oh don't worry, you're still the loser.
I think you meant "idiot"...
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:15 pm
by duckgrad99
Costa4heisman wrote:Now i had started a poll about who should be our quaterback and everyone said that i was a idiot. and that masoli was the clear choice. wow he really showed that during the bsu game. he tore their secondary apart. ahahhah. yeah right. Im tellin you that costa is the clear choice
I don't recall anyone calling you an idiot. If they did, then that's too bad because everyone has a right to their opinion. Still, Masoli was the clear choice for the Boise St game.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:18 pm
by Tray Dub
duckgrad99 wrote:Costa4heisman wrote:Now i had started a poll about who should be our quaterback and everyone said that i was a idiot. and that masoli was the clear choice. wow he really showed that during the bsu game. he tore their secondary apart. ahahhah. yeah right. Im tellin you that costa is the clear choice
I don't recall anyone calling you an idiot. If they did, then that's too bad because everyone has a right to their opinion. Still, Masoli was the clear choice for the Boise St game.
No doubt.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:48 pm
by OreDucks01284
its only first game of the season, Masoli is still our #1 qb and we have home game coming up this weekend. Im sure Masoli will do better this time.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 am
by chapelhillduck
I think we all need to remember that the most popular player on campus is always the backup QB...
Masoli did one hell of a job over the last couple of games last year and has much more in game experience than Costa, but I have no doubt that Costa would run this offense spectacularly.
One bad game does not mean that one player is better than anyone else
if it becomes two or three in a row, then there is a trend
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:11 am
by Greydrake
It's a new season come Saturday, I have to keep the faith in Masoli however I believe the coaches need to not give him a free pass. If he isn't performing well or inable to make the adjustments Costa should be given a chance. (and I will hold my breth that his knees hold up)
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:34 am
by wlduck
I supported Masoli last year even while he was getting booed. The reason is because of his ability to execute the option read running play, which is essentially 60% of our offense. My concern is that based on Thursday's game, there has been a conscious decision to have him run less- even if the defense commits to stopping the RB on the option. Masoli should have had at least double his 7 carries on Thursday. The safety was great example. I think JM would have picked up 3-4 positive yards before contact had he kept the ball, and if he made the first guy miss he would have had 8-10 minimum. Instead, Blount gets gang tackled in the end zone. Think of last years UCLA game. They totally committed to stopping the RB, and Masoli ran for 170.
Masoli is the best choice for our offense, but we need to stay committed to running ouroffense.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:07 am
by GoDucksIn09
I still support Masoli being the starter. I said before season started that I would support him being a starter win lose or draw. We lost a game last week and you want to blame it all on Masoli. I would put more of the blame on our O line than on Masoli. Did he make some mistakes or bad reads.. yes.. but who amongst ius is perfect. Not me.. and I highly doubt you are. Get a clue guy. One loss does not equal meaning we need to replace our qb when so many other facets of the game that can point at. The O line.. the secondary playing 3 yards off the receivers.. the lack of pressure on their qb and the list goes on.
Re: Who is the loser now?
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am
by duck58
Only bright spot was punter and maybe TJ Ward. BSU had the perfect defense for our game plan and we did not adjust. It will get better.