Page 1 of 1

PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 pm
by woundedknees
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0 ... -involved/

“There’s a reason I’m here — the conference is looking for a new way of thinking,” Scott said Saturday while attending U.S.C.’s 56-3 rout of San Jose State.

But Scott was equally adamant Saturday that there should be sanctions for Hout, who prior to being punched had tapped Blount on the shoulder pads and taunted him. When Boise State Coach Chris Petersen announced Friday that the discipline would be handled internally, Scott called Western Athletic Conference Commissioner Karl Benson to ask him to get involved.

“It takes two to tango,” Scott said. “I was concerned about what I heard the Boise State coach say about how it was going to be handled. I’ll just leave it at that. I’m not going to second-guess anything that that conference decides to do.”

I like this guy over Hansen, already!

Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:57 pm
by wiseforexinvestor
woundedknees wrote:http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0 ... -involved/

“There’s a reason I’m here — the conference is looking for a new way of thinking,” Scott said Saturday while attending U.S.C.’s 56-3 rout of San Jose State.

But Scott was equally adamant Saturday that there should be sanctions for Hout, who prior to being punched had tapped Blount on the shoulder pads and taunted him. When Boise State Coach Chris Petersen announced Friday that the discipline would be handled internally, Scott called Western Athletic Conference Commissioner Karl Benson to ask him to get involved.

“It takes two to tango,” Scott said. “I was concerned about what I heard the Boise State coach say about how it was going to be handled. I’ll just leave it at that. I’m not going to second-guess anything that that conference decides to do.”

I like this guy over Hansen, already!
I second that...and if the WAC doesn't man up then BRING BLOUNT BACK!

Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:03 pm
by Greydrake
there is no suspension per SI. Now the we'll see if Scott has enough pull to get a response from the WAC commish.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html

Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:16 pm
by hjpop
Greydrake wrote:there is no suspension per SI. Now the we'll see if Scott has enough pull to get a response from the WAC commish.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
Speaking as a homegrown fan of UH (Born in Hawaii), the WAC won't do a thing other than pay lipservice and smack the guy's hand. You think they want to piss off the one highlight of the conference (BSU)? After BSU, the next best team would be a toss-up between Nevada and Fresno...they'll take the call, reassure them that they'll talk with BSU, and leave it at that.

All that being said, I agree...this Pac-10 Commish is already more involved than the last guy...

Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:21 pm
by woundedknees
Maybe get him a name sewed on his practice jersey... "boca del motor"?

Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:36 am
by buckmarkduck
I'm sure he would get his attention real fast, if he told them Pac-10 teams won't schedule football games with them anymore. But that's not going to happen.
Greydrake wrote:there is no suspension per SI. Now the we'll see if Scott has enough pull to get a response from the WAC commish.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html

Re: PAC 10 commish speaks up:

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:23 pm
by Greydrake
speaking of which...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html

probably budget related but it would have made a nice line...