Page 1 of 1
Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 pm
by gofightingducks
I am watching Jim Rome right now and was watching Sportscenter earlier and Boise State is looking like the bad guys now because they didn't suspend Hout and Oregon and even Blount is looking pretty good because of the swift action.

Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:01 pm
by AJ_U
you beat me to the post, BSU should have suspended him for at least 4 games. like they said on Rome if it was a 2nd stringer he would have been suspended for sure. This is the type of stuff that is going to keep Boise State in the WAC, they do not know how to react to a situation like this.
I've said it before but I'll say it again, If Blount walked away after he threw the punch and left it at that he would be back by the USC game but since he was out of control against his teammates that will keep him on the scout team all year.
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:43 pm
by MFRDuckFan
gofightingducks wrote:I am watching Jim Rome right now and was watching Sportscenter earlier and Boise State is looking like the bad guys now because they didn't suspend Hout and Oregon and even Blount is looking pretty good because of the swift action.

Guess I called it right!!! Go back & look at my post on Friday about this whole thing.......hmmmmmm...... also, here is a Huffington Post article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-ziri ... 79554.html
BRING BLOUNT BACK!!!!!!
Edit - here's what I said....... "For Hout to receive no punishment at all will actually do Boise State more harm than good in the world of public perception. They had an opportunity to bring themselves up a notch in the national view and they didn't do it. They will remain a lower tier school because they act like one. No punishment equals low class and they just missed a huge opportunity. They could have notched their team up in the national picture by not condoning Hout's actions. Stupid move. Never miss an opportunity publicity wise."
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 pm
by Elduderino
MFR, tell me you didn't just link to the Huffington Post
But congrats you did call it!
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 pm
by wiseforexinvestor
MFRDuckFan wrote:gofightingducks wrote:I am watching Jim Rome right now and was watching Sportscenter earlier and Boise State is looking like the bad guys now because they didn't suspend Hout and Oregon and even Blount is looking pretty good because of the swift action.

Guess I called it right!!! Go back & look at my post on Friday about this whole thing.......hmmmmmm...... also, here is a Huffington Post article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-ziri ... 79554.html
BRING BLOUNT BACK!!!!!!
Edit - here's what I said....... "For Hout to receive no punishment at all will actually do Boise State more harm than good in the world of public perception. They had an opportunity to bring themselves up a notch in the national view and they didn't do it. They will remain a lower tier school because they act like one. No punishment equals low class and they just missed a huge opportunity. They could have notched their team up in the national picture by not condoning Hout's actions. Stupid move. Never miss an opportunity publicity wise."
Even though I completely agree with every single word of this post.....watch out you may get a PM from AJ_U for talking about bringing Blount back. We aren't suppose to talk about that anymore apparently

Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 pm
by MFRDuckFan
Elduderino wrote:MFR, tell me you didn't just link to the Huffington Post
But congrats you did call it!
Ha!!! I know, I know.
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 pm
by MFRDuckFan
wiseforexinvestor wrote:MFRDuckFan wrote:gofightingducks wrote:I am watching Jim Rome right now and was watching Sportscenter earlier and Boise State is looking like the bad guys now because they didn't suspend Hout and Oregon and even Blount is looking pretty good because of the swift action.

Guess I called it right!!! Go back & look at my post on Friday about this whole thing.......hmmmmmm...... also, here is a Huffington Post article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-ziri ... 79554.html
BRING BLOUNT BACK!!!!!!
Edit - here's what I said....... "For Hout to receive no punishment at all will actually do Boise State more harm than good in the world of public perception. They had an opportunity to bring themselves up a notch in the national view and they didn't do it. They will remain a lower tier school because they act like one. No punishment equals low class and they just missed a huge opportunity. They could have notched their team up in the national picture by not condoning Hout's actions. Stupid move. Never miss an opportunity publicity wise."
Even though I completely agree with every single word of this post.....watch out you may get a PM from AJ_U for talking about bringing Blount back. We aren't suppose to talk about that anymore apparently

Sorry, couldn't help it! Just had to do it once.
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:02 pm
by wheaton4prez
You were right MFR. I think this issue is going to get worse for both teams, ironically for the opposite reasons.
BSU isn't going to escape the story all year. Even if they do make a BCS game, it's going to be brought up. It's going to be brought up every time they get a late hit call, horse collar, pass interference, etc. And it's their fault for not taking a better stand on those issues in the past and now the Hout issue. No accountability at BSU.
For Oregon, people all over the nation are disagreeing publicly about the harshness of the suspension:
http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/inde ... too-harsh/
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespo ... -it-means/
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_13284729
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 19JHL3.DTL
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=984787
With Blount remaining with the team, it's going to be a reminder all season. Pundits are going to bring it up win or lose.
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:20 pm
by uodux1212
BSU wont get a quality team to play at their place ever again... what team will want to go play there?!? Stuck in the WAC forever... wouldnt be surprised to see OOC teams back out of their commitment to play them (osew)...
GO DUCKS!
Re: Jim Rome, ESPN, etc.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:35 pm
by wheaton4prez
I would think it would cause many programs to think twice about it.
Oregon seems like it would have been one of the more likely re-match candidates for another series, much needed by BSU. But, given the late hit fiasco, no accountability for Hout, replay issues, crazy fans not being controlled, etc. I don't see that happening any more.