Page 1 of 2
Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:20 pm
by desertduck
Watched Fresno play Wisconsin and nearly beat them. Tough overtime loss after leading the
whole game. BS need to be taken care of. Go Bulldogs!!!
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:44 pm
by gofightingducks
desertduck wrote:Watched Fresno play Wisconsin and nearly beat them. Tough overtime loss after leading the
whole game. BS need to be taken care of. Go Bulldogs!!!
For Oregon's loss to not look so bad I would like to see Boise State go undefeated, go to a BCS game and beat a good BCS team!
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm
by ducksrock
For Oregon's loss to not look so bad I would like to see Boise State go undefeated, go to a BCS game and beat a good BCS team![/quote]
That would help us out in no way at all....Hell, we arent even ranked...What would make us look better would be to avoid having "Blount Incidents"....
I say...GOOOOOO BULLDOGS......Make BSU have to work to be undefeated...They havent had to yet....and its about time they start having to pay some dues...And a few losses wouldnt hurt my feelings AT ALL.....
Had we beaten them, then I would say,..GOOOOOOO BSU......Then they would actually help make us look better...
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 pm
by gofightingducks
ducksrock wrote:For Oregon's loss to not look so bad I would like to see Boise State go undefeated, go to a BCS game and beat a good BCS team!
That would help us out in no way at all....Hell, we arent even ranked...What would make us look better would be to avoid having "Blount Incidents"....
I say...GOOOOOO BULLDOGS......Make BSU have to work to be undefeated...They havent had to yet....and its about time they start having to pay some dues...And a few losses wouldnt hurt my feelings AT ALL.....
Had we beaten them, then I would say,..GOOOOOOO BSU......Then they would actually help make us look better...[/quote]
It doesn't do anything for us right now or if we have a bad year but if we end up with only 2-3 loses or less (which is unlikely) it would look good for Oregon for Boise State to go undefeated. That said, I hate BSU and wouldn't feel bad if they did lose a couple of games, I have always liked Fresno State and wouldn't mind seeing them win the WAC instead of Boise State.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
I effing hate BSu. I'll be rooting for whoever they play for the rest of my life. I will be full on rooting for the beevs when they play boise next year. First time in my life.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 pm
by lukeyrid13
I base my rooting interest in every single NCAA game on whatever is best for the Ducks, and Boise winning may be good for the Ducks but for this Duck Boise getting humiliated as big and often as possible would certainly be best. I don't think we have ever played against such a classless team/fans. If we were to beat a USC then of course we'd want them to win as much as possible but the fact we lost to Boise doesn't mean that much as it's not one of the top 2 or 3 games on our schedule especially considering it was week 1.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm
by spinseeker
I happened to have a good time with the fans I met at the game. I left shortly after the 'incident' and had just left the seats when it happened, so we didn't get any flak about that. Before the game they were very appreciative of us making the trip out there and playing in their stadium, since most good teams won't do that. Got some food from their tailgaters, too.
I think they have a very good quarterback and a very good defense this year as well. The game was pretty clean for the most part. Minor bickering among the players, but no cheap shots. I hated them after last year's cheap shots and them not really owning up to it. This year... I wish them the best.
As for Hout, I think he was just being a smart ass. Since I'm a smart ass too, I gotta cut him some slack. I would not do what he did if I thought the other person would want to go to blows over it and I'm sure he didn't expect that either since it seemed to come as a pretty big surprise when that smirk got wiped off his face.
It sucks that it led to Blount's suspension

, and without Hout instigating it we would still have him on the team. However, in the Boise circles it sounds like this has really hurt Hout as well, emotionally.

Just kids being kids and not realizing how their actions can affect other people so much.
Bottom line is I'm not holding that episode against an otherwise good team and I do hope they win out. It hurts a little less to lose to undefeated teams, especially if our team can grow and win and argue that we are now the better team even though we weren't at the beginning of the season. And with no playoffs there is plenty of arguing to go around.
Just remember: Don't talk s***. Don't get hit. Lesson learned.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 pm
by duckgrad99
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I effing hate BSu. I'll be rooting for whoever they play for the rest of my life. I will be full on rooting for the beevs when they play boise next year. First time in my life.
A duck fan rooting for the beavers? Please!!!!! Taunting is part of the game. I don't see why you would hate Boise St more than the Beavers.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm
by wheaton4prez
Because their program lacks accountability and, no offense to their better fans but, their bad ones are some of the worst I've ever come across.
I know it doesn't help the Ducks if BSU does badly. But, I'll always root against them.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:12 am
by uodux1212
wheaton4prez wrote:Because their program lacks accountability and, no offense to their better fans but, their bad ones are some of the worst I've ever come across.
I know it doesn't help the Ducks if BSU does badly. But, I'll always root against them.
And we thought osu had "little brother syndrome"... bsu fans are the worst...
The only way for the Oregon loss to not look bad would be to have everyone who watched it looked into the mind eraser thing that Tommy Lee Jones had in MIB... FLASH!
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 pm
by duck55
If the kid from BSU were to get flattened again by another school..... just saying, could help our image.

Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:07 pm
by duckgrad99
uodux1212 wrote:wheaton4prez wrote:Because their program lacks accountability and, no offense to their better fans but, their bad ones are some of the worst I've ever come across.
I know it doesn't help the Ducks if BSU does badly. But, I'll always root against them.
And we thought osu had "little brother syndrome"... bsu fans are the worst...
The only way for the Oregon loss to not look bad would be to have everyone who watched it looked into the mind eraser thing that Tommy Lee Jones had in MIB... FLASH!
BSU fans are the worst? Give me an example please. I didn't hear any chatter from their fans or players trash talking the ducks before the game. I find it hard to believe that they are worse than Beaver fans or even fans from schools like Ohio State.
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:22 pm
by uodux1212
duckgrad99 wrote:uodux1212 wrote:wheaton4prez wrote:Because their program lacks accountability and, no offense to their better fans but, their bad ones are some of the worst I've ever come across.
I know it doesn't help the Ducks if BSU does badly. But, I'll always root against them.
And we thought osu had "little brother syndrome"... bsu fans are the worst...
The only way for the Oregon loss to not look bad would be to have everyone who watched it looked into the mind eraser thing that Tommy Lee Jones had in MIB... FLASH!
BSU fans are the worst? Give me an example please. I didn't hear any chatter from their fans or players trash talking the ducks before the game. I find it hard to believe that they are worse than Beaver fans or even fans from schools like Ohio State.
I meant the worst for having little brother syndrome... at least the ones I came across on the message boards (I know I know, small sample... but). They win one BCS game, go undefeated in a crappy conference and think they belong in the conversation with the USCs, Texas' and Florida's of the world. Yes they have a good football team, but if they played in a decent conference they'd be just like any other good football team, in the top half...
I was sitting next to a few fans at last years game, two were cool (older couple) and 6-8 of them were a nightmare, dont really want to get into exact scenario's, but they weren't acting respectful/cool at all... oh well.

Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 pm
by wheaton4prez
duckgrad99 wrote:uodux1212 wrote:wheaton4prez wrote:Because their program lacks accountability and, no offense to their better fans but, their bad ones are some of the worst I've ever come across.
I know it doesn't help the Ducks if BSU does badly. But, I'll always root against them.
And we thought osu had "little brother syndrome"... bsu fans are the worst...
The only way for the Oregon loss to not look bad would be to have everyone who watched it looked into the mind eraser thing that Tommy Lee Jones had in MIB... FLASH!
BSU fans are the worst? Give me an example please. I didn't hear any chatter from their fans or players trash talking the ducks before the game. I find it hard to believe that they are worse than Beaver fans or even fans from schools like Ohio State.
What? Did you not read any comments in any blog post related to this game for the last six months?
Re: Go Fresno State...
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 pm
by bmxryder507
duckgrad99 wrote:uodux1212 wrote:wheaton4prez wrote:Because their program lacks accountability and, no offense to their better fans but, their bad ones are some of the worst I've ever come across.
I know it doesn't help the Ducks if BSU does badly. But, I'll always root against them.
And we thought osu had "little brother syndrome"... bsu fans are the worst...
The only way for the Oregon loss to not look bad would be to have everyone who watched it looked into the mind eraser thing that Tommy Lee Jones had in MIB... FLASH!
BSU fans are the worst? Give me an example please. I didn't hear any chatter from their fans or players trash talking the ducks before the game. I find it hard to believe that they are worse than Beaver fans or even fans from schools like Ohio State.
Did you go to the game in Boise? After the game most fans were acting like tools. I had one lady tell me "You need to die", I asked her why and all she could say is they just whooped us, I said yeah so again why do I need to Die???