Any guesses on the end of this class?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Any guesses on the end of this class?
I am hearing Traeshon Holden is a LONG shot.
I know they like Bradyn Swinson from Georgia: https://247sports.com/player/bradyn-swinson-46059344/
Does anyone have an guesses?
I know they like Bradyn Swinson from Georgia: https://247sports.com/player/bradyn-swinson-46059344/
Does anyone have an guesses?
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Definitely expect Bradyn Swinson to commit. Myles Slusher is a risk to de-commit, with Nebraska being one of the major threats. If that happens, I expect either Bennett Williams to commit, or possibly someone we're not really talking about right now to come into the picture (think Jamal Hill's or DJ James' recruitment).
I have no idea what DT they're in the running for. If USC cans Helton and his staff, Jamar Sekona and Kobe Pepe might come back around. I love Salave'a as a coach, but his recruiting has left a lot to be desired.
I have no idea what DT they're in the running for. If USC cans Helton and his staff, Jamar Sekona and Kobe Pepe might come back around. I love Salave'a as a coach, but his recruiting has left a lot to be desired.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
It's been slow going with us mostly full and the key prospects holding off, so I watched Bradyn Swinson's highlights. It took two minutes to see why the staff likes this kid: he's a violent pass rusher. I like him better than some of the other guys we have.
Out of the big fish, obviously Noah Sewell is top priority.
Get a DT/NT type.
Take your shots at Smalls, Flowe, Ringo when they're on campus and hope for a KT-like miracle.
If we're serious about two QBs, get CJ Stroud. I've been pounding that drum for a while.
Another skill player, like Elijhah Badger.
Out of the big fish, obviously Noah Sewell is top priority.
Get a DT/NT type.
Take your shots at Smalls, Flowe, Ringo when they're on campus and hope for a KT-like miracle.
If we're serious about two QBs, get CJ Stroud. I've been pounding that drum for a while.
Another skill player, like Elijhah Badger.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Sewell is definitely ours to lose. If I was putting in a 'crystal ball' for Badger, I'd say ASU.
I love Swinson's size and athleticism, but he's so freaking slow off the snap. It reminds me a bit of Canton Kaumatule.
I love Swinson's size and athleticism, but he's so freaking slow off the snap. It reminds me a bit of Canton Kaumatule.
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
J hop has an update about Sewell moving up his timeline, but I don't have an account so I don't know when he might be announcing.
-
Everythingsducky
- Senior
- Posts: 2720
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
So, what you are telling me, is that Ware-Hudson, Williams, and Dorlus, are poor recruits?StevensTechU wrote:. I love Salave'a as a coach, but his recruiting has left a lot to be desired.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
I think it's high end, top rated recruits. To the D-line is so hard to predict. The Haloti's of the world are so few and far between.
The high end big boys usually are developed in skill and body, post high school. I've seen so many that were highly rated disappear and those that were 2-3 stars hit growth spurts and become dominant.
The high end big boys usually are developed in skill and body, post high school. I've seen so many that were highly rated disappear and those that were 2-3 stars hit growth spurts and become dominant.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
1) Dorlus and Williams were backup plans after missing on other guysEverythingsducky wrote:So, what you are telling me, is that Ware-Hudson, Williams, and Dorlus, are poor recruits?StevensTechU wrote:. I love Salave'a as a coach, but his recruiting has left a lot to be desired.
2) Salave'a wasn't their primary recruiter. Cort Dennison was the primary recruiter for Dorlus and Bobby Williams was for Kristian Williams. Though Joe is listed by 247 as the primary recruiter for Keyon, if memory serves, Keith Heyward actually had a connection with the family. Same goes for Kayvon.
3) Salave'a did get Austin Faoliu. None of the other contributors on the OL during his tenure (Scott, Cumberlander, Jelks, Baker) have been Joe recruits.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Joe did almost get us that 5 star DT who was from Louisiana fwiw.
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
thomas time wrote:J hop has an update about Sewell moving up his timeline, but I don't have an account so I don't know when he might be announcing.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Big Joe couldn't close Ika, the high 4-star DT from Utah that went to LSU.
Apparently we're still trying for Notre Dame commit and 4-star LB Jordan Botelho, who is from St Louis HS in Honolulu: https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Botelho-46053425/
Apparently we're still trying for Notre Dame commit and 4-star LB Jordan Botelho, who is from St Louis HS in Honolulu: https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Botelho-46053425/
-
GrandpaDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3306
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Joe never has been a rainmaker. I don't believe he ever got a player above a 3 star at WSU. That's fine with me though. You already have 3 ace recruiters on the staff not counting the head coach, so you can afford to have some guys who coach people up.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
If we can just get Hercules Ma'tafa 2.0 I'll be happy
As for Sewell, he's visiting Georgia this week and will commit in December and enroll in January.
As for Sewell, he's visiting Georgia this week and will commit in December and enroll in January.
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Go Notre Dame!lukeyrid13 wrote:If we can just get Hercules Ma'tafa 2.0 I'll be happy![]()
As for Sewell, he's visiting Georgia this week and will commit in December and enroll in January.
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Any guesses on the end of this class?
Joe is an interesting case. He struggles sometimes to get his guys as the primary but he's always great as a secondary recruiter. Both Kayvon and Penei mentioned him as reasons they came to Oregon. The DL class out West this year was extremely bare.