Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by TyranT »

I don’t really follow what’s going on up north. Would the pickup of Manning and/or Ringo solidify us with a better recruiting class? Any rumor of Washington with a blue chip prospect waiting to announce. Thanks for the intel.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by StevensTechU »

I would put the odds at about 85%. Basically the only way we don't, is if we miss on Manning and Ringo and the staff decides to use spots for transfers, which don't count toward class rankings.

How it would/will work logistically is that Latu and Figgins will drop off, and either Manning or Ringo is added, Oregon jumps uw despite having 1 less recruit. Considering they'll likely add others, that'll only pad the lead.
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by TyranT »

So Figgins and Latu are still showing as committed thus dragging the average down. Thanks for the intel.
User avatar
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

We’re ahead of them on Rivals. All we need to pass them on the 247 composite is a commitment from any one of the big three we’re waiting to hear on. I don’t know how many more they’re planning on taking.
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by GrantDuck »

Looking through their class, the main guys I would have liked to have had are Smalls, Rosengarten, Redman, and Murao.

Outside of that, they've got a bunch of OKG's from Washington who wouldn't play for us talent wise.
User avatar
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

We’re ahead of them on Rivals. All we need to pass them on the 247 composite is a commitment from any one of the big three we’re waiting to hear on. I don’t know how many more they’re planning on taking.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by RebelDuck »

I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
TyranT
One Star Recruit
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by TyranT »

RebelDuck wrote:I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
I would as well, but I want UW to concede we’ve beat them on all fronts.
duckfan22
Senior
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by duckfan22 »

TyranT wrote:
RebelDuck wrote:I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
I would as well, but I want UW to concede we’ve beat them on all fronts.

UW has not and will never concede we beat them in anything ever..
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by jimmy12 »

Anyone else on the who cares train? I would rather us fill spots and depth with studs. We did that yesterday.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We have 4 spots left, likely 3 filled with recruits and 1 grad transfer

Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.

Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February

Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8651
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

jimmy12 wrote:Anyone else on the who cares train? I would rather us fill spots and depth with studs. We did that yesterday.
I am. There’s no doubt in my mind our class is superior to UW’s. They’ve been out recruiting us for years anyways (other than last year) and it hasn’t mattered.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5000
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by Phalanx »

lukeyrid13 wrote:We have 4 spots left, likely 3 filled with recruits and 1 grad transfer

Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.

Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February

Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
It's amazing that we don't know what school Ringo signed with, but we do know what kind of paperwork it was. :lol:
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by squintsdd »

lukeyrid13 wrote:We have 4 spots left, likely 3 filled with recruits and 1 grad transfer

Manning - 100% Duck, he puts us up to 11th.

Ringo - 50/50 none of the insiders even truly know and rumor is he only signed financial aid paperwork so it may push til February

Then we likely add 1-2 players and frankly only top talent, otherwise Cristobal will just leave spots open for top transfers. We will finish as high as 6th if we get: Ringo, Manning, Washington and 1 other or as low as 11-12 if we get just Manning and 1-2 other average players.
I've been out of school for a while, but why would he sign financial aid paperwork when he's getting a full ride?
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Likelihood of our recruiting class jumping the Dawgs?

Post by StevensTechU »

RebelDuck wrote:I would consider the Ducks ranked ahead of them regardless what the rankings show. I trust MC to recruit the right prospect for his team.
Sure, but MC recruited a number of guys who decided on uwinstead. To echo another poster, it would have been great if we would have beaten them out for Murao and Rosengarten.
Post Reply