QUACK!!! Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

QUACK!!! Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by Merganzer »

Last edited by Merganzer on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by thomas time »

great news, first of many this month
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by RanDux »

thomas time wrote:great news, first of many this month
Woo hoo!!!! Welcome to the flock, Troy. You won't be disappointed with your decision.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by Tray Dub »

A quote I really liked from Tyson Alger's piece in The Athletic:
Franklin had become one of the top recruits in the state of California.

“The one thing that’s kind of interesting is that when that happened he kind of asked me what it meant. Like, ‘What does this mean?” Ravipati [his high school coach] said. “And I asked him what he meant and he just felt like there was so much better that he could get at and that he didn’t understand why he was ranked so high. He’s just so driven and focused to be great.”
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by Tray Dub »

Another:
“I’d be sitting with his mom at these different colleges and he’d always ask me to film them,” Ravipati said. “And then after camp was over we’d be sitting there, maybe eating dinner or back at the hotel and he’d want to watch the clips with him to see what coverage the defense was in, wondering how he could have done better on this route.

“… Honestly, to this day, I can’t really remember him struggling. A part of that is the way he prepares and the way he’s committed to his craft. There aren’t many players that can come in as freshmen and process film sessions like he did.”
I'm on the hype train.
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15147
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tray Dub wrote:A quote I really liked from Tyson Alger's piece in The Athletic:
Franklin had become one of the top recruits in the state of California.

“The one thing that’s kind of interesting is that when that happened he kind of asked me what it meant. Like, ‘What does this mean?” Ravipati [his high school coach] said. “And I asked him what he meant and he just felt like there was so much better that he could get at and that he didn’t understand why he was ranked so high. He’s just so driven and focused to be great.”
Love that! He’s gonna work hard. Oregon is building such a god culture under Mario’s leadership.

Another quote, this one from Franklin himself.

“I like what they are doing with the program,” he said. “I think it’s on a verge of a natty“
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40562
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man #2 WR to Oregon? Over USC? In what world are we living in...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by nogerO »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Man #2 WR to Oregon? Over USC? In what world are we living in...
I hope the one where we win a national championship before I check out... :D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by jimmy12 »

nogerO wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Man #2 WR to Oregon? Over USC? In what world are we living in...
I hope the one where we win a national championship before I check out... :D

Amen to that!
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by mrpd21 »

User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40562
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Well that was quick. Remember the educk days when Oregon landed a commit, he'd lose a star?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by karlhungis »

How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
Probably 2 as I think they'll get either Foreman or the DL from the Seattle-area.
Image
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:
karlhungis wrote:How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
Probably 2 as I think they'll get either Foreman or the DL from the Seattle-area.
None of the other guys are on the bubble of potentially getting that next star?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11004
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
karlhungis wrote:How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
Probably 2 as I think they'll get either Foreman or the DL from the Seattle-area.
None of the other guys are on the bubble of potentially getting that next star?
It hurts a guy like Ty Thompson, not having any camps of the elite 11 this summer. I bet he would have been great at the elite 11. And who knows if HS will have full seasons or not. Not many guys able to move or shine without camps or full seasons.
Post Reply