Page 1 of 1

Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:37 am
by GoDucksTroll
I didn’t see a thread for him, but he just released a top-7 and it was a bit surprising.

Oregon, USC, Arkansas, Virginia, Utah State, Utah, and BYU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kingsley-S ... -46048415/

Looks like USC will be our main competition again. Looks like Kingsley is still a long way from committing. Oregon holds all 10 crystal balls.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:31 pm
by punizhr02
I wouldn't worry too much about Kingsley. His silent commitment is the worst kept secret on the recruiting trail. The kid is just enjoying the process, as this is sometimes the only time the kid will ever get to be treated like royalty across the country. It would be stunning if this kid chose any other school but Oregon. Both his cousins (The Sewells) are playing here, and the Polys are all about family. Oregon is in Chip Kelly era mode up 40 late in the 3rd quarter and are running out the the bench players.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:20 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Update: "In the next couple weeks I will be committing." @KAhyouSuamataia on when fans can expect his commitment.

Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:33 am
by thomas time
well by then it will be about ducks longest without a commit the last few months, so will be great time to get elite recruit like Kingsley.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:34 pm
by UOducksTK1
GoDucksTroll wrote:Update: "In the next couple weeks I will be committing." @KAhyouSuamataia on when fans can expect his commitment.

Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21
Gotta like it for Oregon. Suamataia is almost a top 50 prospect.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:35 pm
by StevensTechU
All signs point to Oregon. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about it.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 am
by jimmy12
Agreed. Perhaps he wants to create his own legacy (or perceived) and not be compared to Penei. Who knows.

One rumor-- I read on another site that on a IG live stream he was working out with Jackson Light and JL looked at him and said, "It's time" and they both said Go Ducks. Who knows,.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm
by punizhr02
StevensTechU wrote:All signs point to Oregon. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about it.
This would absolutely shock me. If we had any of our prior coaches, I'd be a little worried too. But if there is one thing Cristobal and his staff know how to do, it's how to close on the recruiting trail. I think the only guy this year we couldn't close that was an Oregon lean was Worthy, and he slipped away after we got Franklin. I don't think the coaches can be faulted for that one.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:14 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Kingsley has been posting some pro USC stuff of late, had Juju Smith-Schuster tweet at him after he tagged him in something.

It still looks like Oregon, but this is recruiting and you never know.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:21 pm
by GrantDuck
I'm sure Juju can tell him what it's like to spend his college career losing to Oregon.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:35 pm
by UOducksTK1
I hope we don't let him get away. Keep the class rolling!

Plus Kingsley is a sick name.

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 pm
by droop10
GrantDuck wrote:I'm sure Juju can tell him what it's like to spend his college career losing to Oregon.
Shuster's SC teams went 1-1 against Oregon, including beating up on the 4-8 Helf team by 25, so I'm not sure that point is relevant. That being said, I would be completely shocked if he went to SC.