Page 1 of 1
Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
by jimmy12
We all know the opt outs and likely return of Lenoir (rumour). There is also some noise about a players transferring in.... I don't have a name yet.
Has anyone heard?
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:10 am
by Phalanx
Wish we could get that RB from Clemson, but sounds like he is all Florida.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 am
by Duck07
Seems like an OL might be our biggest need for someone immediate. I'm not worried about our skill-position guys on Offense.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:24 am
by lukeyrid13
We could use more depth in the secondary
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:34 pm
by UOducksTK1
Duck07 wrote:Seems like an OL might be our biggest need for someone immediate. I'm not worried about our skill-position guys on Offense.
And frankly, we should be an attractive spot for a transfer OL.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:34 pm
by UOducksTK1
lukeyrid13 wrote:We could use more depth in the secondary
Also agree, but for as much as we lost, our starting lineup is pretty solid still.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 pm
by lukeyrid13
Credit to Scoopduck twitter lurkers....
but Boise State starting safety Jordan Happle looks to be the incoming transfer.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:19 am
by jimmy12
lukeyrid13 wrote:Credit to Scoopduck twitter lurkers....
but Boise State starting safety Jordan Happle looks to be the incoming transfer.
He did pick Herbs in the bowl game 2 years ago and is from Portland.
It's interesting because S isn't really hurting with depth, but Avalos probably knows and likes him.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:57 am
by StevensTechU
I actually liked Happle more out of high school than I did Breeze. Faster, better cover skills. I was surprised when he didn't really do much at Boise. But that said, I think he's good depth, and assuming he's eligible right away, he could allow McKinley to play some corner.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:57 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:I actually liked Happle more out of high school than I did Breeze. Faster, better cover skills. I was surprised when he didn't really do much at Boise. But that said, I think he's good depth, and assuming he's eligible right away, he could allow McKinley to play some corner.
i hadn't thought about that.... Thanks STU
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:01 am
by lukeyrid13
I actually think McKinley is much better as a free safety than as a nickel corner. He seems to struggle in press coverage at the line and can’t defeat blocks like Holland could on running plays.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:14 pm
by StevensTechU
lukeyrid13 wrote:I actually think McKinley is much better as a free safety than as a nickel corner. He seems to struggle in press coverage at the line and can’t defeat blocks like Holland could on running plays.
I don't disagree with that at all. I do think about how you get your best guys on the field, though. Of the safeties, McKinley is probably the best cover player. Bennett Williams is the only other one in that discussion.
Re: Opts outs.... transfer in
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:33 am
by jimmy12
There are now rumours of a second transfer in on defense.
1) Lenoir returns
2) Happle in
3) MAYBE second inbound transfer