Page 1 of 14

Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:15 am
by jimmy12
Class Size 23-25
Spots remaining 5-7 (to get to 7 the Ducks needs some transfers). I added Ben Roberts to the list above as it seems that he may be committing. This would eliminate one of the 3 lower players. I also moved Dent down to the questionable need with the likely addition of Tucker.

4* Tucker DB - https://247sports.com/player/jalil-tucker-46093963/
4*-5* Moss- Edge https://247sports.com/player/cyrus-moss-46056265/
4*-5* Lucas- DL https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Lucas-46097888/
4* Jackson - LB https://247sports.com/Player/Devon-Jackson-46098692/
4* Ben Roberts: DL https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Roberts-46111620/

On the fence. High rated but questionable need:

5*: Conerly OL: https://247sports.com/player/josh-conerly-jr-46057420/
5* Coleman WR: https://247sports.com/player/kevin-coleman-46058557/
3* Dent- DB https://247sports.com/player/damani-dent-46115775/

Current Commits: (18)

LB Emar'rion Winston (Commit Date: 7/16/20)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmarrionW
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Emarrion-Winston-46082442

TE Andre Dollar (Commit Date: 9/15/20)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndreDollar9
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Andre-Dollar-46086432

DE Gracen Halton (Commit Date: 1/27/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GracenHalton1
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/gracen-halton-46097719

S Landon Hullaby (Commit Date: 2/20/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/_Lhull22_
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/landon-hullaby-46056648

OL Percy Lewis (Commit Date: 3/2/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/percylewis14
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/percy-lewis-46110457

QB Tanner Bailey (Commit Date: 3/8/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/t_bailey5
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/tanner-bailey-46081988

S Trejon Williams (Commit Date: 3/26/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/trejon_williams
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/trejon-williams-46086283

WR Stephon Johnson (Commit Date: 3/31/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoogieCO22
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/stephon-johnson-46076951

DT Sir Mells (Commit Date: 6/5/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SirMells40
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/sir-mells-46085853

LB TJ Dudley (Commit Date: 6/28/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HollywoodHtu
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/TJ-Dudley-46084527

OL Michael Wooten (Commit Date: 7/1/21)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michaelwooten10
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Wooten-46110691

OL Cameron Williams (Commit Date: 7/1/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BigCamWill
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/cameron-williams-46085065

WR Nicholas Anderson (Commit Date: 7/1/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nicanderson02
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/nicholas-anderson-46102449

OL Kelvin Banks Jr. (Commit Date: 7/4/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kelvinbanksjr12
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/kelvin-banks-46082828

WR Isaiah Sategna (Commit Date: 7/11/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/isaiahsategna1
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/isaiah-sategna-46100431

OL/DL Dave Iuli (Commit Date: 7/17/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dave51235546
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/player/dave-iuli-46057297

CB Jahlil Florence (Commit Date: 8/12/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JahlilFlorence8
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Jahlil-Florence-46113269

WR Tetairoa McMillan (Commit Date: 8/16/21)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TMAC96795
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Tetairoa-McMillan-46081836

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:07 am
by Phalanx
I don't know how good Dent is, but I like your list in terms of allocation of remaining recruits. Three more in the front seven and two more in the secondary sounds pretty good, and if they have room for either Coleman or Conerly (or both) then great. Conerly would be a massive coup that would plunge a dagger into the hearts of Huskies everywhere, so you have to take him if he wants to come. Ben Roberts would also be a nice flip at DT.

Thanks for putting that post together.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:27 am
by jimmy12
Phalanx wrote:I don't know how good Dent is, but I like your list in terms of allocation of remaining recruits. Three more in the front seven and two more in the secondary sounds pretty good, and if they have room for either Coleman or Conerly (or both) then great. Conerly would be a massive coup that would plunge a dagger into the hearts of Huskies everywhere, so you have to take him if he wants to come.

Thanks for putting that post together.
Agreed. Only place where I think the Ducks could be light from this list is DL.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 am
by Phalanx
Sorry, I added the bit about Ben Roberts, the DT that is currently a Washington commit. There have been rumors that he may be listening to Mario's siren call, but we'll see.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:53 am
by jimmy12
Phalanx wrote:Sorry, I added the bit about Ben Roberts, the DT that is currently a Washington commit. There have been rumors that he may be listening to Mario's siren call, but we'll see.

And just like that... Ben Roberts is now a free agent: https://twitter.com/RobertsBen8/status/ ... 4164916226

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:17 am
by Phalanx
jimmy12 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Sorry, I added the bit about Ben Roberts, the DT that is currently a Washington commit. There have been rumors that he may be listening to Mario's siren call, but we'll see.

And just like that... Ben Roberts is now a free agent: https://twitter.com/RobertsBen8/status/ ... 4164916226
This is pretty funny:

https://twitter.com/legalize_quack/stat ... 5537883140

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 am
by karlhungis
Phalanx wrote:Sorry, I added the bit about Ben Roberts, the DT that is currently a Washington commit. There have been rumors that he may be listening to Mario's siren call, but we'll see.
Is there any reason to be optimistic about him being a college standout?

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:38 am
by jimmy12
Nemec (who I don't really put much stock into) believes that the Ducks will need to cut a few players from this class so that they can pursue top top talent. Here is my question, who do you think this would be?

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Se ... l/Commits/

I would guess:
Winston: https://247sports.com/player/emarrion-winston-46082442/
Lewis (maybe):P https://247sports.com/player/percy-lewis-46110457/
Anderson... https://247sports.com/player/nicholas-a ... -46102449/

I am not sure who else...

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:23 am
by jimmy12
Decommit likely incoming from the OL....

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:51 am
by jimmy12
jimmy12 wrote:Decommit likely incoming from the OL....
I am guessing here: https://247sports.com/player/percy-lewis-46110457/

Which opens a spot for Conerly. (Again-- a guess)

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:55 am
by StevensTechU
karlhungis wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Sorry, I added the bit about Ben Roberts, the DT that is currently a Washington commit. There have been rumors that he may be listening to Mario's siren call, but we'll see.
Is there any reason to be optimistic about him being a college standout?
Just my opinion, but I think he's appropriately rated as a high 3-star (247 composite). He's a smart, tough lineman with good athleticism but not athletic ability that blows you away, per se.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:06 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Sorry, I added the bit about Ben Roberts, the DT that is currently a Washington commit. There have been rumors that he may be listening to Mario's siren call, but we'll see.
Is there any reason to be optimistic about him being a college standout?
Just my opinion, but I think he's appropriately rated as a high 3-star (247 composite). He's a smart, tough lineman with good athleticism but not athletic ability that blows you away, per se.

STU-- wouldn't you agree that his body type is sought after by Deruyter? (and not super common on the West Coast?).

Seems he would be a logical target to add depth.

Second question-- If he does decommit, are you bothered by Lewis being replaced by Conerly? (lots of assumptions in this comment)

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:17 am
by StevensTechU
Jimmy, I think the names you highlighted would make the most sense, except maybe Anderson (I'll explain).

After signing a big OL class in '21, I haven't understood the Lewis offer since the beginning. The Ducks will have to replace George Moore next year, but Kingsley seems to already be ready to do that and Bram Walden, Jaylan Jeffers and Faaope are there for depth. The next season when Steven Jones leaves, you anticipate one of those three guys will be ready to start, and 5-star Kelvin Banks will be in year 2. So I think if he's not a surefire all-american, you don't take him.

Winston plays a position of need (Edge) but he just isn't that athletically gifted. I think if I was rating the commitments, he'd probably come in last. I think his best chance to make a splash at the collegiate level is to add weight to his already big frame and play inside on the line. Who knows if he can do that or if he wants to do that.

Anderson or Setagna would be the receivers I would be most likely to cut. Setagna has a different skill set than the others as more of a speed guy, but cutting Anderson could have a domino effect since he plays at powerhouse Katy HS (TX) and I believe has some connection with the other Texas commitments (Banks, Johnson). So that's a tricky position.

The only other 'fat' I think you could trim, potentially, is Andre Dollars. After signing 2 TEs in 2021 who both look like contributors, having Spencer Webb for at least two more years, and having Herbert for 3 more, I don't think you have to take a tight end in this class. I also haven't seen any video in him later than his sophomore highlights, so I don't know how good he is.

Hard to see much else that you can cut outside of those options. It's a really good class.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 am
by Phalanx
Are we talking about going over 25 in the class? It seems like the issue is not with the class size, but with the overall scholarship limit, right? In that case, wouldn't players transferring out by next year do just as well as shedding guys from this class? A few receivers and/ or one of the quarterbacks might take the hint and bolt at a minimum.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm
by jimmy12
You cant go over 25. That’s a rule.