Page 1 of 3

Elijah Rushing commits to Oregon!!!!!

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:28 am
by UOducksTK1

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:19 am
by Weston
UOducksTK1 wrote:https://247sports.com/Player/elijah-rushing-46115102/

Great news for us.
And yet his interest in Oregon is listed as "cool". I don't understand certain things on these sites.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:55 pm
by lmduck
Weston wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:https://247sports.com/Player/elijah-rushing-46115102/

Great news for us.
And yet his interest in Oregon is listed as "cool". I don't understand certain things on these sites.
It takes forever for those sites to get updated. I trust very little of what I see on them in all honesty.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:05 pm
by UOducksTK1
2 more today, Huffman/Biggins.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:09 pm
by StevensTechU
It's wild that after watching this weekend's visitor Solomon Williams on tape, I'm not even sure I want the Ducks to take Rushing.

By far the best DL recruiting the Ducks have had in my lifetime.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:30 pm
by UOducksTK1
It's true, exceptional year for Ducks DL recruiting.

Sounds like he will announce sometime early next week per 247.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:03 pm
by OregonFan4Life
StevensTechU wrote:It's wild that after watching this weekend's visitor Solomon Williams on tape, I'm not even sure I want the Ducks to take Rushing.

By far the best DL recruiting the Ducks have had in my lifetime.
Is there any reason the Ducks couldn’t take both?

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:25 pm
by StevensTechU
OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:It's wild that after watching this weekend's visitor Solomon Williams on tape, I'm not even sure I want the Ducks to take Rushing.

By far the best DL recruiting the Ducks have had in my lifetime.
Is there any reason the Ducks couldn’t take both?
Only that there is a scholarship limit to a football team. They're already looking at being ~15 over the scholarship limit before transfers, retirements, etc. The fat has been cut in the past few years, so now you're talking meat and bone.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm
by duckfan96
For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:18 pm
by Duck07
duckfan96 wrote:For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?
Watching his HUDL film which was updated yesterday by chance, his floor is Jalen Jelks his ceiling is Arik Armstead. He's not quick off the line like KT was, so his outside speed rush isn't as effective and he's also taller and once he adds 25# he's likely to find himself taking on more Guards, but I also think he's much more effective on film when he is attacking inside where his long arms give him better leverage to get to the QB. That's my 3 minute observation.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:52 am
by jimmy12
Duck07 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?
Watching his HUDL film which was updated yesterday by chance, his floor is Jalen Jelks his ceiling is Arik Armstead. He's not quick off the line like KT was, so his outside speed rush isn't as effective and he's also taller and once he adds 25# he's likely to find himself taking on more Guards, but I also think he's much more effective on film when he is attacking inside where his long arms give him better leverage to get to the QB. That's my 3 minute observation.
How would you compare to Rushing? Of the two, who would you prefer?

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:48 am
by Duck07
jimmy12 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?
Watching his HUDL film which was updated yesterday by chance, his floor is Jalen Jelks his ceiling is Arik Armstead. He's not quick off the line like KT was, so his outside speed rush isn't as effective and he's also taller and once he adds 25# he's likely to find himself taking on more Guards, but I also think he's much more effective on film when he is attacking inside where his long arms give him better leverage to get to the QB. That's my 3 minute observation.
How would you compare to Rushing? Of the two, who would you prefer?
Do you mean a straight KT to Rushing comp? KT in Dan's defense would likely have played more standing up so I think KT is a DE/OLB whereas Rushing is probably just a straight DE regardless of system.

KT was great when he was on the field for us but was also a bit of a one-trick pony as a pass rush guy. Rushing can be someone who can really set the Edge and dump Tackles into the QB.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:39 am
by StevensTechU
duckfan96 wrote:For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?
Think more Dion Jordan. I don't know that he has Dion's level of athleticism, but could be close to it and that's what's enticing. Kayvon came in skilled[/], much like Matayo and Teitum have this year. Those are all guys that clearly started treating this like a job early and have a whole repertoire before even setting foot on campus. Rushing would take more development.

Solomon Williams is a different guy, different build. More closer to what you're thinking of when you think of Kayvon. More of a sturdy build who can go through and not just around you. He looks further along developmentally right now, but anyone's guess who will be better in 2-3 years.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:22 am
by OregonFan4Life
StevensTechU wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?
Think more Dion Jordan. I don't know that he has Dion's level of athleticism, but could be close to it and that's what's enticing. Kayvon came in skilled[/], much like Matayo and Teitum have this year. Those are all guys that clearly started treating this like a job early and have a whole repertoire before even setting foot on campus. Rushing would take more development.

Solomon Williams is a different guy, different build. More closer to what you're thinking of when you think of Kayvon. More of a sturdy build who can go through and not just around you. He looks further along developmentally right now, but anyone's guess who will be better in 2-3 years.

Sounds like a good problem to have! If Ducks manage to land both edges, who would be the best DL recruit in this class in your opinion? I’ve heard some say Aydin Breland is underrated even as a 5 star and might be the best DL in the class even over Nwaneri.

Re: Elijah Rushing trending to UO on Crystal Balls

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:22 am
by jimmy12
Duck07 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:For those more into recruiting etc than I am, is he good? Like Kayvon good?
Watching his HUDL film which was updated yesterday by chance, his floor is Jalen Jelks his ceiling is Arik Armstead. He's not quick off the line like KT was, so his outside speed rush isn't as effective and he's also taller and once he adds 25# he's likely to find himself taking on more Guards, but I also think he's much more effective on film when he is attacking inside where his long arms give him better leverage to get to the QB. That's my 3 minute observation.
How would you compare to Rushing? Of the two, who would you prefer?
Do you mean a straight KT to Rushing comp? KT in Dan's defense would likely have played more standing up so I think KT is a DE/OLB whereas Rushing is probably just a straight DE regardless of system.

KT was great when he was on the field for us but was also a bit of a one-trick pony as a pass rush guy. Rushing can be someone who can really set the Edge and dump Tackles into the QB.
Sorry-- should have been more clear with my question. Who would you rather have Solomon or Rushing?