Page 1 of 1

2028 QB Commit

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2024 11:03 pm
by bellsduck

Re: 2028 QB Commut

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 5:24 am
by StevensTechU
Definitely will stick...

Re: 2028 QB Commut

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 8:30 am
by gogreen55
For Oregon football, I wonder what the all-time record is (in terms of number of years) for a recruit verbally committing to an actual offer before they are scheduled to graduate from high school?

Re: 2028 QB Commut

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:06 am
by DCfeatherbutt
Didn’t Seven McGee verbal as a freshman?

Re: 2028 QB Commut

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 10:31 am
by UOducksTK1
DCfeatherbutt wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:06 am Didn’t Seven McGee verbal as a freshman?
Was gonna say, McGee was probably the earliest.

Re: 2028 QB Commit

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 7:38 pm
by greenyellow
We'll see if this one sticks. Definitely not creating a 2028 Commit tracker just yet.

Re: 2028 QB Commit

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:33 pm
by Everythingsducky
greenyellow wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2024 7:38 pm We'll see if this one sticks. Definitely not creating a 2028 Commit tracker just yet.
God I hope not.

Have you ever done stats on 2-year out commit lists, and how they end up shaking out? That would be interesting, especially in today’s NIL world.

Re: 2028 QB Commit

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:48 pm
by droop10
Are we even sure this is a real commitment? Unless I just completely missed it, I haven’t seen actual recruiting sites report it. Not that it matters much, because I’m not stressing about a kid 4 years out, just dubious about the validity of this one.

Re: 2028 QB Commit

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:54 pm
by greenyellow
Everythingsducky wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2024 9:33 pm
greenyellow wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2024 7:38 pm We'll see if this one sticks. Definitely not creating a 2028 Commit tracker just yet.
God I hope not.

Have you ever done stats on 2-year out commit lists, and how they end up shaking out? That would be interesting, especially in today’s NIL world.
They rarely work out. Oregon got lucky in the 2025 class that Dallas Wilson stuck around.