Page 1 of 2

MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 11:30 am
by UOducksTK1
Every non-conference game makes me nervous now.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2025 3:32 pm
by greenyellow
-Devon Pryor may or may not be ready after his leg injury against Rice
-Jamari Phillips was suspended 3-games by the NCAA for selling his team-issued shoes

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2025 4:15 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Wait, you can make millions from boosters from an NIL deal but you can’t sell your team issued shoes? Logic and the NCAA do not go together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 1:50 am
by greenyellow
OregonFan4Life wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 4:15 pm Wait, you can make millions from boosters from an NIL deal but you can’t sell your team issued shoes? Logic and the NCAA do not go together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go figure.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 11:06 am
by Ghost of Tajuan Porter
Have we seen any news on Efe Vatan? He looks like a potentially exciting player. I vaguely remember seeing that he picked up an injury, but do we know if/when he's coming back?

I can't even tell if he's been on the bench. I can't tell the difference between Vatan, JJ Frakes and Luke Johnson. They all look identical to me.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 11:18 am
by TheDrake
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote: Wed Nov 12, 2025 11:06 am Have we seen any news on Efe Vatan? He looks like a potentially exciting player. I vaguely remember seeing that he picked up an injury, but do we know if/when he's coming back?

I can't even tell if he's been on the bench. I can't tell the difference between Vatan, JJ Frakes and Luke Johnson. They all look identical to me.
Triplets? ;)

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 6:32 pm
by Greenblood
The Jackrabbits are 2-1, having beaten Merrimack and Dakota State by less than 10 points each, and lost to Northern Iowa by 7 on Sunday in their most recent game.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 9:32 pm
by greenyellow
So many threes tonight for Oregon as they go 15-40 (new school record for attempts) from deep to beat SDSU 83-69. Shelstad and Simpkins both go for 20+ points tonight while Bittle had another double double. Next up is the Beavers on Monday.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 11:34 pm
by Everythingsducky
Hate seeing so many three’s from a team that has had trouble hitting two’s early on, but can’t really complain with 38%. Is it sustainable? Probably not. It was a one point game with seven minutes to go. Did Dana just give them the green light tonight?

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 11:45 pm
by Greenblood
Yeah, and Simpkins 5-10 from beyond the arc. Obviously SIT. HIM. DOWN!!

Oh, wait . . .

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:48 am
by Ghost of Tajuan Porter
5/10 from 3 got Simpkins up to 30% on the season, right in line with his career norms. That just screams greenlight, doesn't it? He's definitely the guy. You sure told me!

Oh, wait...

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 10:03 am
by Greenblood
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:48 am 5/10 from 3 got Simpkins up to 30% on the season, right in line with his career norms. That just screams greenlight, doesn't it? He's definitely the guy. You sure told me!

Oh, wait...
Hey, I'm trying to have some fun with you, Ghost. Please don't take it too personally.

I'm actually a little more concerned about Simpkins than I was earlier, though not to the Elijah Brown level. And I'm aware that one of his made 3-pointers last night got a ridiculously lucky roll off the top of the backboard. But I liked his energy when the Ducks' offense seemed to be stagnant and think he can be an asset when he's on the floor with Shelstad. But seemed like everyone was hoisting up threes last night and I do recall Simpkins trying to penetrate at times to get the offense going.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 12:03 pm
by UOducksTK1
Better game. We did shoot a lot of 3s, but at least a good amount of them were open looks. Our bench still looks really poor, but our starting 5 looks like they can at least compete in the Big Ten.

We looked like we were actually coached unlike the other two games.

I will say, players era tournament will reveal a lot to us. It shall be interesting...

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 12:07 pm
by StevensTechU
Our ball movement last night was improved over the first two games but still left a ton to be desired. When the ball goes into Bittle, his vision is mediocre and everything off-ball just stops. Altman is our best coach in history but Altman still hasn't figured out how to best utilize big men. Both can be true.

Re: MBB: South Dakota State @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM Peacock)

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 8:06 pm
by Ghost of Tajuan Porter
Greenblood wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 10:03 am
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:48 am 5/10 from 3 got Simpkins up to 30% on the season, right in line with his career norms. That just screams greenlight, doesn't it? He's definitely the guy. You sure told me!

Oh, wait...
Hey, I'm trying to have some fun with you, Ghost. Please don't take it too personally.

I'm actually a little more concerned about Simpkins than I was earlier, though not to the Elijah Brown level. And I'm aware that one of his made 3-pointers last night got a ridiculously lucky roll off the top of the backboard. But I liked his energy when the Ducks' offense seemed to be stagnant and think he can be an asset when he's on the floor with Shelstad. But seemed like everyone was hoisting up threes last night and I do recall Simpkins trying to penetrate at times to get the offense going.
Sorry man. My bad. Oregon basketball has me wound up right now. I just can’t stop seeing Elijah Brown and Harmon and the lesser Young.