Page 1 of 3
If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:54 am
by OregonFan4Life
For me, Brandon Michalowski. Our LB play has been really bad, and the LB’s we have don’t get better. Boettcher was a great leader and had a great work ethic so I feel like he covered the bad LB coaching but it really stands out this year. The DLine and safeties aren’t playing well, the Star/nickels are really struggling to know what to do, but it’s the LB’s that are mainly contributing to the poor defense. It looks like they don’t even know where they’re supposed to be half the time pre-snap and after the snap.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 11:31 am
by RebelDuck
Brian Michalowski. It’s been our weakest link. The recruiting hasn’t been great either but the 2027 recruits look to be a big upgrade from past classes.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 12:12 pm
by rockthief
Michalowski's LBs don't seem to comprehend the basics of coverage. That is all on him. I know it is complicated, but our LBs have not been better than average for years. We know who are the exceptions.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:41 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Whoever voted Lanning, show yourself!
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:55 pm
by Xenocide23
I'm going with Terry - our offensive line has been a problem for years and development of players has been nonexistent. That being said the Michalowski, Kamran Araghi, Koa Kai, Hampton, and Mehringer should all be on the hotseat. Hampton in particular has struggled to develop our safeties and our defense has been inexplicitly bad this year.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 3:10 pm
by pezsez1
I'm still going with Coach Meh. The bland offense & the rampant tells indicate systemic issues that won't be fixed by swapping out a position coach. Bring in an experienced OC who will light a fire under his assistants and make them coach for their jobs.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 5:12 pm
by Phalanx
I didn't see an option for 'Average DucksAttack Game Thread Participant' so I didn't vote.

Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 10:47 am
by UOducksTK1
RebelDuck wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2026 11:31 am
Brian Michalowski. It’s been our weakest link. The recruiting hasn’t been great either but the 2027 recruits look to be a big upgrade from past classes.
And the arrogance to make the claim that we develop LB recruits here while refusing to use the transfer portal is a big red flag. He doesn't develop well, and honestly should be using the portal.
Also, regardless if Mehringer's play calling may (or may not) be the root cause issue, we are averaging 29ppg of offense against Boise State and Oklahoma State. That number should be at least 40+ if not 50+. If things don't change immediately, someone needs to take the heat.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 12:59 pm
by OregonFan4Life
I want to clarify, that I don’t think everyone is necessarily a “bad coach”, but when you look at that list I wrote up, it’s crazy how many of those guys have limited to no experience prior to coaching for Oregon. I keep hearing duck fans say in defense of the coaching staff, “they’re young, they are learning and get better!” And to that I’ll say maybe! Maybe someday guys like Mehringer, Michalowski, and Terry will be great coaches, but right now they’re struggling to do their job at an Oregon level standard. Their time “learning” and “developing” should be at schools like Idaho or UMass, not at Oregon. Oregon has the resources to hire known commodities and not search for “diamonds in the rough”.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:09 pm
by ducksrock
Ive gotta agree with PezSays, on this one...Lots of problems on this team to fix, but offensive play calling has been predictable and "whoever" thinks that a 1st down pass play shouldn't be utilized now and then, we'll I dont know what to tell ya...Seems no defense truly needs to watch for signs of pass or run play calls on 1st down...Its almost always a run play...
If that run play doesn't result in a substantial gain, we are behind the chains...OVER AND OVER AGAIN...
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 11:14 pm
by GrandpaDuck
ducksrock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:09 pm
Ive gotta agree with PezSays, on this one...Lots of problems on this team to fix, but offensive play calling has been predictable and "whoever" thinks that a 1st down pass play shouldn't be utilized now and then, we'll I dont know what to tell ya...Seems no defense truly needs to watch for signs of pass or run play calls on 1st down...Its almost always a run play...
If that run play doesn't result in a substantial gain, we are behind the chains...OVER AND OVER AGAIN...
Not true, sometimes first down is a screen.
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 6:37 am
by droop10
OregonFan4Life wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:54 am
For me, Brandon Michalowski. Our LB play has been really bad, and the LB’s we have don’t get better. Boettcher was a great leader and had a great work ethic so I feel like he covered the bad LB coaching but it really stands out this year. The DLine and safeties aren’t playing well, the Star/nickels are really struggling to know what to do, but it’s the LB’s that are mainly contributing to the poor defense. It looks like they don’t even know where they’re supposed to be half the time pre-snap and after the snap.
Between here and the game thread, I think I’ve seen you call Michalowski about 5 different names, but never the correct one.

Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:10 am
by OregonFan4Life
droop10 wrote:OregonFan4Life wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:54 am
For me, Brandon Michalowski. Our LB play has been really bad, and the LB’s we have don’t get better. Boettcher was a great leader and had a great work ethic so I feel like he covered the bad LB coaching but it really stands out this year. The DLine and safeties aren’t playing well, the Star/nickels are really struggling to know what to do, but it’s the LB’s that are mainly contributing to the poor defense. It looks like they don’t even know where they’re supposed to be half the time pre-snap and after the snap.
Between here and the game thread, I think I’ve seen you call Michalowski about 5 different names, but never the correct one.

Once Mike Wazowski does a decent enough job as LB coach then I’ll call him by the right name.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:56 pm
by bdkipe
Every time I see threads like this, I am reminded that this board not only turned on Dilly (doing a decent job at ASU) but also turned on Stein. I’m watching the UK vs. A&M game right now and fondly remembering some of Stein’s run game concepts that I’m seeing live on screen.
Dozens if not hundreds of people who are paid large sums of money to be in the business of football hold Will Stein in extremely high regard.
75% of the posters on here are like: “doesn’t matter, we know better.”
Re: If you had to fire one coach on the coaching staff right now, who would it be and why?
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:37 pm
by OregonFan4Life
bdkipe wrote:Every time I see threads like this, I am reminded that this board not only turned on Dilly (doing a decent job at ASU) but also turned on Stein. I’m watching the UK vs. A&M game right now and fondly remembering some of Stein’s run game concepts that I’m seeing live on screen.
Dozens if not hundreds of people who are paid large sums of money to be in the business of football hold Will Stein in extremely high regard.
75% of the posters on here are like: “doesn’t matter, we know better.”
Dang, it’s just a question. I’ll admit I was wrong about Stein, as I look back I think it may have been a Lanning and Dante issue with the offense last year moreso than Will Stein. I was a huge Dilly fan when he was here though and I was really bummed when he left.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk